Wii or PC?

Hey, for the people who have already bought it, which one did you buy?I personally bought the wii version, how about you?

Comments

• edited August 2008
    I beat it on PC first so I'll get the Wiiware version later on and beat that
  • edited August 2008
    I bought the Wii version since it was specifically made for the Wii.
  • edited August 2008

Not that it makes any difference at all. Both platforms are point and click and the graphics are the same. On the PC you don't waggle around a white remote, that's about the only difference (although through ingenuity you can get the remote hooked up to your PC..)

But I digress.

I bought for the PC, but it needs more graphics options. An extended advanced tab, please‽
  • edited August 2008
    I haven't bought it yet, but I will definitely buy it for the pc since it is much cheaper to buy all of the episodes on the pc, plus you can get the free cd. That is unless ttg has any deals for the wii version that I am unaware of. another reason I am buying it for the pc is that I might not have enough hard drive space on the wii for it.
  • edited August 2008
    I got the Wii Ware one and I have beatten to day. :D
  • edited August 2008
    I bought the PC version because I wanted the bonus DVD at the end and the Wii games take up a lot of space on the Wii.
  • edited August 2008
    Had to go PC, for all the obvious reasons.
  • edited August 2008

WRONG FAIL.

Do you see Strong Bad buying the latest supreme-tek consoles for his enjoyment? No. He uses a PC, and it runs DOS or cmdline-only linux or...some obscure operating system from the 60s or something. He takes the technology that's already been there for ages, and stuffs it into the new world since it still works. It's like that kid you know with the old black Dell computer that he never upgrades, but still plays the few games that come out with lower system requirements.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    Katana wrote: »
    WRONG FAIL.

Calm down please :p
  • edited August 2008
    Sorry. But hey, it sounds like the sort of thing Strong Bad might say.
  • edited August 2008
    doesn't sound to me like something strong bad would say. telltale has said before that the game was made with wiiware in mind. and he has a fun machine. the wii IS a fun machine.
  • edited August 2008
    ...Actually, the Atari 2600 is a fun machine. He also plays games from floppy discs in a PC, so what? He's an equal opportunity video gamer. =p
  • edited August 2008
    well, what i meant was, the wii is a machine that is fun ;)
  • edited August 2008
    I think my fancy laptop is fun. :)

Even if it can't play Boom Blox. Damn do I love me some Boom Blox.
  • edited August 2008
    Katana wrote: »
    It's like that guy you know with the old black Dell computer that he never upgrades, but still plays the few games that come out with lower system requirements.

I'm that guy!!!
    nathew wrote: »
    The wii IS a fun machine.

How right you are.The wii is a very fun machine.
  • edited August 2008
    I got the PC version.
  • edited August 2008
    I would've got the PC version instead of waiting for the Wii version BUT NOOOO you lot don't take Visa Electron for some reason.

EDIT: Disregard this, PayPal'd.
    I SHALL OPINIONISE SOON.
  • edited August 2008
    PC so I could get the bonus disc and it cost less.
  • edited August 2008
    Well it looks like PC is winning so far.
  • edited August 2008
    With Telltale forumgoers, which doesn't mean much. People who purchase from the website are more likely to know the forum exists. It more shows that the PC purchasers are more likely to join the forum and/or actually care enough to vote than anything else.
  • edited August 2008
    I bought it on the Wii because I don't have a credit card and Telltales doesn't accept eChecks.

I'll wait until the compilation comes on Steam. If it will ever be on Steam. Perhaps this game is too awesome for Steam, though.
  • edited August 2008
    I bought it for the Wii today. It rocks! Personally, I think that it suits the Wii a lot more, with things like Snake Boxer and the Race minigame.
  • edited August 2008
    blueblur19 wrote: »
    I bought it for the Wii today. It rocks! Personally, I think that it suits the Wii a lot more, with things like Snake Boxer and the Race minigame.

Yeah, the race is a perfect fit for all the waggle controls in the race part.:D
  • edited August 2008
    I still say Wii, and that's 'cause 1) I got my Wii a little less then a month before SBCG4AP was realeasd, so I was exited about Wii... ness. 2) My parents don't like using credit cards on the internet. 3) None of my compies can really play 3D games... goodly. And, I get to send crap via the Lappy! ...Yay.

(P.S. In the poll, "wii" isn't capitalized. Respect the Wii! It deservs it! :D)
  • edited August 2008
    Oh the wii does deserve it, but it is awesome with a since of quiet dignity.That and I forgot to capitalize it.
  • edited August 2008
    Ben Again wrote: »
    I got my Wii a little less then a month before SBCG4AP was realeasd, so I was exited about Wii-ness.

uh huh-huh, you said "weenus".

(wait, what? wii-ness? oh. nevermind.)
  • edited August 2008
    *sigh*
  • edited August 2008
    I got the PC version due to the lower price, the possibility of a hard copy of the season, the higher resolution, and the fact that my Wii barely has enough space for even the first episode, let alone all five, let alone any future seasons. (I only have about 5 WiiWare & Virtual Console games, by the way.)

The Wii version probably does have advantages though, like the simple pleasure of playing it in your living room, and also the fact that the graphics probably look a bit smoother on a TV. (Due, ironically, to the lower quality.)
  • edited August 2008
    ...and the fact that my Wii barely has enough space for even the first episode, let alone all five, let alone any future seasons. (I only have about 5 WiiWare & Virtual Console games, by the way.)...

Yeah, you can put the ones you don't use much on an SD card.
  • edited August 2008
    Ben Again wrote: »
    Yeah, you can put the ones you don't use much on an SD card.
    But I just got them! I'm sorry, that's not good enough.

But, well, that's an argument for another time.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.