Ep 2 not detecting choices

I am playing The Wolf Among Us on Xbox. I already got a save file for ep 1 on my hard drive and when I start episode 2 it does not detect my choices from the previous ep.

Like I arrested the Woodsman, but when I start episode 2, they have it where I arrested Dee instead.

I even went back to the previous chapter in episode 1 and replayed it where I got the woodsman instead, but that made no difference. What should I do? Uninstall both eps and start over!?

Comments

• edited February 2014

This has also happened to me, i grabbed the woodsman but it has given me Dee and it looks like a gave the silent treatment to Beast instead of saying something which is what i did in Ep. 1

Anyone got a fix?

• C'mon, we can be the only two with this problem. Is there any help out there?

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

Can you please clarify if your choices were showing up correctly at the end of your Episode 1 playthrough on the stats screen?

• That's another weird thing. I noticed that it won't show me player choices. Like it won't tell me what choices I made when I just want to see how many other people made the same choices or did the opposite.

Did you possibly start Episode 2 in a different save slot than you finished Episode 1 in?

Aragem23 posted: »

That's another weird thing. I noticed that it won't show me player choices. Like it won't tell me what choices I made when I just want to see how many other people made the same choices or did the opposite.

• I feel like my choices didnt get carried over but the only thing i can tell was different was that Gren has his arm still and i took it off in all my save slots i even rewind to the trip trap part to make sure i took his arm off.

• edited February 2014

I always use the same save slot. I do the same with the Walking Dead series. I'm the only one that plays, so there should only be one save slot.

Did you possibly start Episode 2 in a different save slot than you finished Episode 1 in?

• If I have to, I'll delete and reload the two eps and start over. But this will be troublesome if the same happens with ep 3 and so on.

• only used one save slot here... I'll start from the beginning and see if it makes a difference

cheers

For those of you that are experiencing this issue, when you go to the Choices Menu from the Main Menu, are you seeing your choices locked, or are your choices correct there?

• edited February 2014

they are locked for me and when i redo ep 1 i cant scroll down to see the player choices

For those of you that are experiencing this issue, when you go to the Choices Menu from the Main Menu, are you seeing your choices locked, or are your choices correct there?

• edited February 2014

The same for me. Player choices has a big lock next to it. And I have already played episode one.

kimbo slice posted: »

they are locked for me and when i redo ep 1 i cant scroll down to see the player choices

Thank you for the information. Please note that we are currently looking into why this is issue is occurring, and hope to have more information in the near future. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

The same for me. Player choices has a big lock next to it. And I have already played episode one.

• No problem. Thank you.

Thank you for the information. Please note that we are currently looking into why this is issue is occurring, and hope to have more information in the near future. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

• Okay, here is what I did. I completely deleted both episodes and save file from my xbox console. I downloaded episode 1 again and the season pass thing as well. I started the episode and it seems to record my choices. I played the first part chapter and then went to the main menu and it did record my choice of whether to give Faith money or not. I'll keep playing and finish episode one and then I'll download episode 2 and see what happens. I'll keep you posted.

• edited February 2014

Okay, another update. I finished Episode 1 and it seems to have recorded all of my decisions throughout. So now I am going to download Episode 2 and see if the choices carry over as they should.

As a side note, if I attempt to download it through the game with the season pass, it wants me to pay, so I will use the code I got from Xbox to download ep 2.

Oh joy. It seems that I can't use the code again for Ep 2. And when I try to go through the main game or to the Xbox store to get it, it wants me to pay when I clearly have a season pass.

• UPDATE: Okay, I went to download history in my xbox account and I have it downloading. I hope that the following episodes won't have this issue as well.

Okay, another update. I finished Episode 1 and it seems to have recorded all of my decisions throughout. So now I am going to download Episo

• Okay, just finished downloading episode 2 and I am starting it up to see if my choices carry over.

A moment later . . .

Alright! It seems that the problem is fixed judging from the Previously scenes for ep 2.

So what fixed it for me was to just delete both episodes and download them again. Hopefully, I won't have this same problem with the next episodes.

Thank you for the extra information, and I apologize for any difficulties this has caused you.

UPDATE: Okay, I went to download history in my xbox account and I have it downloading. I hope that the following episodes won't have this issue as well.

This discussion has been closed.