Probably a stupid question but...

Will SBCG4AP on PC be released in any form of retail stores once its finished out? I'd love to be able to play through the season but with lack of a credit card/bank account I have no way to make purchases online. I played the demo today and its really great and it captures the humor of the website very well. I literally laughed out loud the first play through of the demo.

Comments

• edited August 2008
    The only way to get the game is to download it off the site or get a Wii and play it that way. So, if you only have a PC, you will need a credit card.
  • edited August 2008
    Well I don't have a Wii, I used to and the lack of games killed it for me. Realistically I don't think I would repurchase another Nintendo Wii console for one game.
  • edited August 2008
    The Sam and Max season was released in a retail box a few months after the end of the season. They could very possibly do this for Strong Bad too, but that's completely on Telltale's shoulders.

Ever though of asking someone else to buy it for you? People can very easily gift digital purchases via the Telltale checkout.
  • edited August 2008
    See that's the problem, I have the money but I don't know anyone that has a way to pay for it around me, lol.

A money order option would be cool though.

For instance, you say what you want like SBCG4AP season one, send a money order and your username for the amount and they put it in my games.
  • edited August 2008
    Oh well it's been nice to see opinions, lol.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    It might be released at retail someday, but right now we are focusing on the downloadable releases and we don't have any details about anything like that right now. There's no harm in waiting, though. I guess it comes down to how patient you are. :D
  • edited August 2008
    Yeah. After playing the demo through multiple times I'm really wanting to see the rest. :D
  • edited August 2008
    And it's expensive to produce discs apparently, according to one of my school teachers that got into a massive conversation about EA games.
  • edited August 2008
    Doesn't seem like producing a disk would be that expensive. Producing DVDs isn't even that expensive.
  • edited August 2008
    From the Telltale store:

"Plus you save almost ten bucks off the regular price AND you're eligible to get a free disc version for just the cost of shipping when the series ends."

So it sounds like there will be some kind of disc release, anyway.

And most of the cost for making CDs is the startup, making a new die thingie (and getting the rest of the equipment if you're starting from scratch). After that, they're pennies apiece.
  • edited August 2008
    DaDillsta wrote: »
    Doesn't seem like producing a disk would be that expensive. Producing DVDs isn't even that expensive.

Producing optical discs, such as CDs and DVDs, from scratch is more expensive than burning one in your CD/DVD-RW drive, if you're making less than a thousand of them. If you're making more than a thousand of them, it's more efficient to have the data on the disc upon creating the disc than to burn thousands of CD-Rs or DVD-Rs.

My point? I forgot. :o
Sign in to comment in this discussion.