Performances Issues need an answer

"Dear Telltale team. I do have receive and download the last betas of your games. They are great. When can we expect the final release ? "

Jokes asides, Telltale, you have a real problem here. All of your games have framerate drops and freezes. It was playable on TWD, it is starting to get really annoying on The Wolf Among Us. Episode 2 is barely enjoyable :

• during the reminder of episode 1, each scene take 3-4 seconds to load, freezing everytime
  • loading time are excessive
  • every cutscene loading has a drop of framerate
  • each QTE is really frustrating, the freeze takes all the fun for you
  • during the preview of Ep3, same, each scene take 3-4 sec to load

Please, don't answer me "Minor hitching during autosaves and loading can be experienced with the game". Its NOT an answer. Games are clean on PC, and are even better on iPad. You are not the first game to save on hard drive, and no company of issues like this.

I've search a solution on the forum, but there is no real answer about it. I think the Xbox community need a real statement about this. This is not your first game on Xbox, i'm not the only one complaining about (i think this is quite clear : http://www.nowgamer.com/features/2275654/telltale_needs_to_stop_pretending_their_games_arent_broken.html). All my friends on x360 have the same issues.
I won't say this is a easy problem to solve, but the least you can do is to admit the problem. I can't believe that your testers on xbox haven't at all seen this problem, and i can't believe there is no solution.

Please Telltale, make sure that the community continue to buy your games on x360. I'm this close to stop playing them.
Thanks.

Comments

• I have never experienced it before but the latest WD ep2 was doing this constantly. The framerate is perfect when it's actually moving but the game would just freeze with the background audio continuing every 10 - 15 seconds (Scene change) or camera angle change. Would really like to know a fix for this. This is on the PC version and I have tried on my laptop i7 haswell, 8gig ram gtx 760m and on my gaming machine much higher specs with quad sli titans. Same thing on both!

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience. Please note this is the The Wolf Among Us: Xbox Subforum, but I will attempt to assist you with your issue here.

Any minor hitching or stuttering may be visible during loading and autosaves, but any major hitching or lagging is unusual. Below are a few possible solutions to your issue:

1) Ensure you have the latest drivers

2) Restart your system

3) Unplug your gamepad (and all other USB devices other than keyboard/mouse) and plug in headphones to the audio out jack.

4) Verify your cache if you purchased through Steam (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335)

5) Run the game as admin

6) Run the game in compatibility mode (We recommend Windows 98/ME)

7) Reinstall the game

8) Make sure that the Steam application is not set to a compatibility mode (right click on steam and click properties, then check compatibility, and make sure that it is not checked to play in a different OS)

If this does not resolve your issue, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply to this email with the download link copied and pasted into this reply. You can find the Sticky here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/44150/twd-support-tool-for-information-gathering

After receiving the information from your support tool, we will be able to assist you further.

sprinkl0r posted: »

I have never experienced it before but the latest WD ep2 was doing this constantly. The framerate is perfect when it's actually moving but

• edited March 2014

Hi Mike !!! Thank you for answering the problem about PC Issues, on my post. What about answer me ? The xbox players doesn't deserve the same for their issues ? Are we not as good as PC players ? Because, on Steam, games are cheaper, maybe i need to stop buy them on my xbox.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Please note this is the The Wolf Among Us: Xbox Subforum, but I will attempt to assist you with your issu

I apologize for my confusion, any minor hitching or stuttering during loading and autosaves may be seen, but any major hitching or lagging is unusual. Can you please clarify which Xbox console you have, and how big the hard drive is?

Keraoc posted: »

Hi Mike !!! Thank you for answering the problem about PC Issues, on my post. What about answer me ? The xbox players doesn't deserve the sam

• Hello Mike. No problem.
    I've got a Xbox 360 S with 250 Go Hard Drive.

I apologize for my confusion, any minor hitching or stuttering during loading and autosaves may be seen, but any major hitching or lagging is unusual. Can you please clarify which Xbox console you have, and how big the hard drive is?

I sincerely apologize for any difficulties caused by this. Please make sure that you have adequate space on your hard drive for the game to save and cache properly. If you do have plenty of space, please note that we are currently looking into why this hitching/lagging is occurring for certain Xbox 360 players, and hope to have more information in the future.

Keraoc posted: »

Hello Mike. No problem. I've got a Xbox 360 S with 250 Go Hard Drive.

• same for me on a 120gb elite but the hdd is pretty full though twd season 1 wasn't as bad/ep1 of season 2 in between, and i am planning/looking into getting a bigger drive cos of all these games for gold 'freebies' lol

i also posted this question so someone might wanna merge the two threads here's a link.

http://www.telltalegames.com/support/discussion/64998/xbox-360-twau-ep3-achievements

I sincerely apologize for any difficulties caused by this. Please make sure that you have adequate space on your hard drive for the game to

My apologies, the slow load/save times may be related to your Hard Drive being almost full, and it being unable to cache the game files successfully.

I have replied to your other thread as well. We are currently looking into the achievement issue, and hope to have a resolution for the issue in the near future.

same for me on a 120gb elite but the hdd is pretty full though twd season 1 wasn't as bad/ep1 of season 2 in between, and i am planning/look

• [removed]

My apologies, the slow load/save times may be related to your Hard Drive being almost full, and it being unable to cache the game files succ

This discussion has been closed.