Login Error Issue

I followed the instructions on the TWAU Support Tool thread, here's the link

http://www.sendspace.com/file/davfof

Hope you can help me.

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience. Please try launching The Wolf Among Us again, and you should be able to login after a few attempts. You may want to try alternating between your Username and Email address.

If you have played The Walking Dead and are now trying to play The Wolf Among Us, but your account fails to login, please select Sign Out, and log in again. If the game fails to authenticate, Exit the game and relaunch. You should now be able to connect without having to login.

Please also make sure your password ONLY contains a-z, A-Z, and 0-9 and no other characters. If you have any "!" or "&" or any other different characters, please change your password on our website, and you should then be able to then login to The Wolf Among Us.

Lastly, this may be an issue with your registry. Please open a command window. (Below are instructions on how to open a command window)

Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "cmd" and press enter

Windows Vista / 7: Press the Windows key. Type in "cmd" and press enter

Windows 8: At the start screen, type in "cmd" and press enter

Then copy the command line below and paste it into the command window, press enter, and confirm the question (to confirm the question, type “y” and press enter):

REG DELETE "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Telltale Games\Launcher”

(Please make sure when you copy the above text that you do not copy a space before or after the text, as that will produce an error message)

Please then try launching The Wolf Among Us again.

Please also note, after looking over your Support Tool, I've noticed that your graphics card is an integrated card, and it is below the minimum system requirements to run the game successfully. Where we require a minimum of 512mb of dedicated memory, your graphics card is currently running at 32mb. I recommend upgrading the drivers of your current graphics card to the latest version. Unfortunately, if this does not work, I recommend either upgrading your graphics card, or playing on a supported system. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

• Hey TelltaleMike,

I'm still getting the 'Login Error Can't Communicate With Telltale Servers', when trying to log in. I have a secondary graphics card which is the GT610M 1GB.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Please try launching The Wolf Among Us again, and you should be able to login after a few attempts. You ma

• Hi,
    I just downloaded the game today. I also receive the server communication error every time I try to unlock the game. I have never played a Telltale game before on this computer. I have followed all of the given advice on fixing the issue:
    Alternating between email and username
    My password only contains letters and numbers
    I have successfully deleted the registry
    I relaunched the game.
    I checked my graphics card and it runs well over 512 Mb.
    I run windows 7 x64 bit.

The error continues. Any ideas? I would post my own thread but this one is recent and seems to have the same problem as I do. Surely the servers aren't being overloaded at this point.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Please try launching The Wolf Among Us again, and you should be able to login after a few attempts. You ma

If you are still receiving 'Can't Communicate with Telltale Servers' errors, please take a screenshot of your registry and attach it to an email to our Support Staff at Support@Telltalegames.com, and we will be able to assist you further. To find your registry, click on Start at the lower left of your screen, in the search field type "regedit" and press enter. On the left-hand pane of the registry select the arrow next to HKEY_CURRENT_USER, now select the arrow next to Software, and then select the arrow next to Telltale Games. Click once on the Launcher folder and on the right hand pane you should now see a couple entries, one will be titled 'login' the other will be titled 'pwd.' Please take a screenshot of this screen and attach it to your email as a .jpg or .png. We will look to verify the information to make sure your registry is correct. I apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced.

I apologize. If you have another card installed on your system, and it is not being identified as your default card, please look over This Webpage for a possible solution to your issue.

Gigeepers posted: »

Hey TelltaleMike, I'm still getting the 'Login Error Can't Communicate With Telltale Servers', when trying to log in. I have a secondary graphics card which is the GT610M 1GB.

• Update: I managed to sign in and download Episode 2, sincere thanks for the support.

I am glad you are now able to play, enjoy the game! Also, if you see this message, can you please clarify which solution ended up working for you, or whether you got in by repeatedly trying to sign in?

Update: I managed to sign in and download Episode 2, sincere thanks for the support.

• Repeatedly trying to sign in worked for me, I just kept trying every now and then. Last week after two tries it worked. :)

I am glad you are now able to play, enjoy the game! Also, if you see this message, can you please clarify which solution ended up working for you, or whether you got in by repeatedly trying to sign in?

Thanks so much for the extra information! I hope you are able to enjoy the game!

Repeatedly trying to sign in worked for me, I just kept trying every now and then. Last week after two tries it worked.

This discussion has been closed.