TellTale Games planing to do new Adventures?

edited September 2008 in General Chat
Hi i bought today my German Version from Sam n Max Season one. Well its just fun and it reminds me on the good old Adventure days with the amiga and pc :)

Is it possible that telltale Games bring out other Asventures too ?

For Example a new : Zack Mc Kracken , Maniac Mansion Monkey Island and the best would be a new Indiana Jones Adventure ?

Is it possible you buy licences or doing a deal with Lucas arts to bring out new adventures ?

Comments

• edited August 2008
    Farang wrote: »
    Monkey Island

Still don't want to use that "Not Making Monkey Island" slogan, TT? :p
  • edited August 2008
    I hope they doing other new Adventures.

A new Monkey Island or Indiana Jones would be amazing.

And a Third Part of Maniac Mansion.... Is Tim Schäfer working for TT ? When not i hope they will get Tim Schäfer and Ron Gilbert to work on them... it would be like a perfet dream...
  • edited August 2008
    They are very, very, very, very, very, very,

VERY VERY

VERY

unlikely to get ANY LucasArts franchise.

The only reason they were able to obtain the Sam and Max license was because the rights reverted to Steve Purcell.

However, properties like Monkey Island and Maniac Mansion are firmly LucasArts's property. And they are insanely unlikely to sell them, because they don't want to lose any options for the future in case "the marketplace changes" in their eyes.
  • edited August 2008
    LucasArts = Dumb.

Telltale's got a pretty big lineup for a while, though:

Strong Bad
    Wallace & Gromit
    Sam & Max: Season 3

Then who knows what? Maybe that third Bone, maybe Strong Bad season 2...maybe even an original title. But three games can take a while for a company as small as Telltale. I will tell you this, though: It's not Monkey Island.
  • edited August 2008
    And a Third Part of Maniac Mansion.... Is Tim Schäfer working for TT ? When not i hope they will get Tim Schäfer and Ron Gilbert to work on them... it would be like a perfet dream...

I thought this was pretty much common knowledge, but Mr Schafer has his own excellent game studio: Double Fine Productions!
  • edited August 2008
    Telltale would never get the rights to Indiana Jones, cause in the new and "improved" Lucasarts' mind a game where Indiana Jones would use his brain doesn't make sense.

Monkey Island is unlikely, but I wish they could get the rights. It's a shame that the series went out with the good but not great Escape From Monkey Island.

Day of the Tennacle was the perfect adventure game, so I'm fine with them ending the series on such a high note.
  • edited August 2008
    I hope they doing other new Adventures.

A new Monkey Island or Indiana Jones would be amazing.

Love the umlauts. They're über-cool. Nice touch. ;)
  • edited August 2008
    Love the umlauts. They're über-cool. Nice touch. ;)

My German Keyboard ;) Well now i think about the "umlaute " i think in America you must have keyboards with less keys on it ,because you dont have the Umlaut Keys:D

Back to topic.
    I still dont give up the Dream that we will get someday a new Monkey Island Adventure made by TT ;)
  • edited August 2008

For Example a new : Zack Mc Kracken , Maniac Mansion Monkey Island and the best would be a new Indiana Jones Adventure ?

Shall we add Pokemon to that list whilst we're at it?
  • edited September 2008
    Shall we add Pokemon to that list whilst we're at it?

pokemon would make for a horrible point-and-click game.

an MMO would be great, but i doubt nintendo would do that any time soon.
  • edited September 2008
    Thread title is wrong. It should read: "Telltale Games planning to do OLD adventures?"
  • edited September 2008
    nathew wrote: »
    pokemon would make for a horrible point-and-click game.

an MMO would be great, but i doubt nintendo would do that any time soon.

Hence the sarcasm.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.