Next chapter of Bone?

edited March 2006 in Bone
Well it's been a couple of months now since the first chapter was released. Any news about the next chapter? It's rather quiet on these forums. No one hasn't even posted about the new Deluxe Pack of Bone or Telltale Arcade.

The Deluxe package says it includes the "full game". This is kind of misleading, since it is only one chapter.

Comments

• edited February 2006
    well, would you rather have them call it "the full game of the first episode of an episodic game series"? i don't think that would sell as good. hehe. plus, each episode is a fully contained episode/game, thus it is in actuality the full game. Of "Bone: Out from Boneville" that is. But I see your point, just don't fully agree with it.

Telltale arcade doesn't really interest me too much, great if it generates income for them. if i ever consider buying one of these parlor games, i'll do it through telltale to give them some extra cash.

And the tentative release dates for both the next bone installment and the csi game, was "spring 2006", last i heard.
  • edited February 2006
    It has been really quiet here lately in the forums. Nothing from Telltale about upcoming Bone chapters nor any of their other projects. I don't like all the quietness. Someone crank up some tunes!
  • edited February 2006
    Did you check out the Bone 2 preview at Adventure Gamers?
  • edited February 2006
    That preview is here for people who haven't seen it yet. :D
  • DanHDanH Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2006
    We're hitting Bone with full force and the look and feel are spectacular!

As the pieces of the game come together, the excitement rippling through the office is palpable. The reason for this is that one week we all might get accustomed to seeing the game with default lights, characters in the rigging pose, static cameras, no voice, obstacles you have to cheat through, etc.

Then, on an average Thursday morning, I get the latest version, and BAM! (yes, my friends, BAM!) Tom's weird bird-in-flight pose is replaced by a breathing character! The next day, BADAM!! The characters and backgrounds are lit! That afternoon, KABLAMO!!! The cameras are moving, the obstacles have been cleared and some of the characters are talking! Then I come back after a weekend of croquet with tea and crumpets and DOOKALAM!!!! I realize that I am actually playing Bone: The Great Cow Race and that even though I've seen some things over and over again, it looks and feels brand-spankin' new and really freaking awesome!

In the context of Emily's excellent preview above (keep in mind that we've had two weeks of KRAKABADOOM! since then) you can imagine how excited we are about this game, and you should be too!
  • edited March 2006
    Are you sure all those explosions are coming from within the office and not from the other side of the blue line? :))
  • DanHDanH Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2006
    A technical artist never reveals where the explosions come from.

But it may be the reason my desk is in a special wing of the office. Although most people keep referring to it as "the ward".
  • edited March 2006
    Are you sure all those explosions are coming from within the office and not from the other side of the blue line? :))

You mean The Wall? :)
  • edited March 2006
    okay thanks for the link. Didn't know about the preview. Why are they calling it Bone 2? The first one was just an episode. I seriously hope they won't name each installment as a new game. That would be totally false advertisment.
  • edited March 2006
    "Bone 2" is just shorthand. The game's name is Bone: The Great Cow Race, same as the second book.
  • edited March 2006
    I'm not sure why you're so insistent on making sure these adventure games are not labeled as full games when they are. They're short and telling part of a story, but they're full games.
  • HeatherleeHeatherlee Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2006
    Psst....the site for The Great Cow Race is now up!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.