The Walking Dead: Season 2 (Steam Version) "Failed To Start Game (missing executable)"

Hey guys,
So I installed TWD Season 2 through the steam client and after install I continued getting an error message though steam that said, "Failed to start game (missing executable)." I ran through Steams troubleshoot steps and still no fix! I also noticed when looking through the walking dead season 2 folder in steams commonapps that the .exe application WAS missing, so this isn't just some crazy random error, it really is not there!! I seem to be the only one having this issue because I cannot find anything on this error through this forum or any others. Steam hasn't been any help either... BUT I do have the text files from the support tool through TellTale so all the info from that is posted on this file sharing website, download the website's files and check em' out let me know what I can do. Link to download: http://www.sendspace.com/file/saa4s6
NOTE: Do the install through Sendspace, otherwise you'll have to go though another installation process which may be malicious so be cautious but there is a way around malicious install.
Thanks,
Mason

Comments

• So there isn't a way to make this work? If someone could let me know atleast that, that would be awesome

• This is the same for me can i please get some help or im going to need a refund.

• I am having the exact same problem and unfortunately I can't find a way to fix it.

• Same problem here. I've also done the troubleshoots and more and still nothing.

• push. got the same problem

• It happened to every game that had an update on Steam for me.
    The way I fix it was by re-installing Steam, hope this helps

Mason_Gee posted: »

So there isn't a way to make this work? If someone could let me know atleast that, that would be awesome

Sign in to comment in this discussion.