Crash on start-up and my workaround

Flag Edit Unfollow

I'm making this post for two reasons, so other people with a similar issue can get to playing the game, and so the developer is aware of the issue.

Firstly, my current system specs. - i7 950 - 12GB Ram - 2 x nVidia GTX580 (SLI) with the most current beta driver (334.67 as of this writing) - 3 x 24" monitors (5760x1080 native resolution) - Windows 7

After installing this game last night I found that the screen would go black, then crash to the desktop every time I tried to launch the game.

I have had a 3 monitor setup for a few years and have experienced various issues with other games and compatibility with this kind of setup. I currently have a desktop resolution of 5760x1080, and if I attempt to launch the game like this, it crashes. However, if I change my desktop resolution to 1920x1080 (the native resolution of only one monitor) the game launches every time, no problem.

Basically what I have to do before playing TWAU is change my desktop resolution to the native resolution of one of my monitors (1920x1080 in my case), launch the game, and then change my desktop resolution back to 5760x1080 after playing.

Another point worth mention, I can however change the resolution in-game to 5760x1080 and play no problem. But I must perform the steps above every time, no matter what I set the in-game resolution to.

I realize this specific issue may only effect people with triple head setups, but I thought I would bring it to light anyways. Maybe some other people can play the game now.

This discussion has been closed.