The Paper is Back?

So, Strong Bad got rid of his old printer and replaced it with a laser printer, though it seems his old printer came back. Or hes using another old dot matrix printer.

Just thought that seemed a little odd, I also searched and didnt see a topic on it, I thought I'd bring it up...

Comments

• edited August 2008
    hey, yeah, good point. i never noticed.

maybe they started developing it before the new paper?
  • edited August 2008
    Or maybe the old paper just retired from the site so he could work for the game instead.
  • edited August 2008
    Umm, he clearly broke.Or maybe he's like, hiding from society to start a new life, with more privacy.
  • or it could be a Faux Impersenator hired by Telltale to pretend to be the old Paper. ^_^
  • edited August 2008
    So, Strong Bad got rid of his old printer and replaced it with a laser printer, though it seems his old printer came back.
    first, he didn't get rid of the old paper...it died on him...aaand he was very sad about it. second, the new paper is not a laser printer, but an ink printer. from the sounds it makes, i would assume it's an old deskjet. so, there you go...my daily dose of me being a smart-ass. somehow can't help it. :D

anything...you can't really say, when the events in homestar ruiner take place. maybe it's another continuity than the 'toons, maybe it takes place, when the old paper was still around.
    telltale surely used the old paper for style reasons though. you might have noticed that the text displayed on the paper is a lot longer than the usual "email strong bad"-text. if they would have used the new paper, it would probably be hard to recognize it as good as the old one. old paper has green stripes and the old school font, but the new paper's only trademark is the running out of ink. so, having a whole page of normal, let's say arial-fonted, text, that is getting a bit brighter at the end, is nothing you can create a typical strong bad-like element with. the old paper simply has a much higher recognition-value...or something.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    Yeah, wisp is correct. The old paper was used for stylistic and readability purposes. It's also just more recognizable as a "Strong Bad thing" to more people.
  • edited August 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    Yeah, wisp is correct. The old paper was used for stylistic and readability purposes. It's also just more recognizable as a "Strong Bad thing" to more people.

It did feel good to hear the classic "Preow" while I was playing the game.
  • edited August 2008
    I miss the paper ;_;
  • edited August 2008
    The paperrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
  • edited August 2008
    Ooze33 wrote: »
    It did feel good to hear the classic "Preow" while I was playing the game.
    Well thank you Telltale for bringing back The Paper. Loved that guy. I wish I could tear his perforated edges some day.
  • edited August 2008
    Well I think it all comes down to this:
    Everytime one takes a note would you want to hear 'Heunh heownh heunh heownh vvvvvt eangt clonk-a-donk' or 'Preeeeow!'
  • edited August 2008
    I guess papes has came back to life on us. Nice to here the "Preow" again.

*High fives The Paper.*
Sign in to comment in this discussion.