Telltale and Gearbox talk 'Tales from the Borderlands' at SXSW

puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni

SXSW panel

Going to be in Austin for the SXSW Gaming Expo? Join Tellale Games and Gearbox Software as we unveil the FIRST EVER details on Tales from the Borderlands! Learn how the two studios came together, see the first glimpses of how this story will be told, and ask your burning questions about what might be in store in this new tale set on the ruthless, greedy, and unpredictable world of Pandora.

Borderlands 2 writer Anthony Burch and Borderlands Franchise Director Matthew Armstrong will be on stage with Telltale President Kevin Bruner and designer Harrison Pink. The panel will be moderated by Nerdist Network's The Indoor Kids, Kumail Nanjiani and Emily V. Gordon.

Where:
SXSW Gaming Expo - FREE ADMISSION
Palmer Events Center
900 Barton Springs Rd
Austin, TX 78704

When:
Saturday March 8th, 2014
5:30pm on the Geek Stage

Official SXSW schedule listing

Admission is FREE, so come along and check it out if you're there!

Comments

• As long as this game doesn't interfere with episode 2, I have no objections.

• FreddeN93FreddeN93 Banned
    edited February 2014

...What is this? You know we're still here, waiting for The Walking Dead?, right?

I really don't hope that this is why you've taken so long to release A House Divided.

• Omg cant wait!

• This game is going to be amazing..the people who says it was just boring project unitl its release wait and then see how amazing its going to be..

• And Im down voted for being excited.

Omg cant wait!

• And when it does release? There might be TWAU season 2...Back to the future maybe the walking dead....Telltales hands are full so maybe the game might not be sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good as u think.... Only the janitor will tell....

This game is going to be amazing..the people who says it was just boring project unitl its release wait and then see how amazing its going to be..

• I personally did not at all care for the Borderlands games, so they're really gonna have to sell me on the story.

• Oh god... I could hear the ranting from TWD forum.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited February 2014

It's already spreading. :P

Oh god... I could hear the ranting from TWD forum.

• edited February 2014

This "ranting" is pretty reasonable. Look at the facts: The people at TTG already have BIG problems to release episodes for their existing games in regulated intervals. In other words: Waiting up to 10 weeks for another 1,5 hours of gameplay is ridiculous - but instead of improving their rapport with the community or trying to fulfill their release-schedules the people at TTG burn the candle at both ends by starting ANOTHER episodic project that will put even more obstacles in their already unreliable way of handling release-schedules.

Oh god... I could hear the ranting from TWD forum.

• You think that they only release the new seasons of ongoing games..you are wrong because they also have to check some other games to become more popular...the walking dead have more seasons in future ..

bobjoeshmoe posted: »

And when it does release? There might be TWAU season 2...Back to the future maybe the walking dead....Telltales hands are full so maybe the game might not be sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good as u think.... Only the janitor will tell....

This discussion has been closed.