What console?:Handhelds addition

edited August 2008 in General Chat
Now, answer this!What handheld console do you play games the most on?I play my DS a lot.

Comments

• edited August 2008
    DS, but I do play Patapon and Lumines a lot on the PSP.
  • edited August 2008
    DO'H!Accidentally voted PSP...
  • edited August 2008
    PSP.

Homebrew is a big factor.
  • edited August 2008
    DS. PSP doesn't have enough games that interest me personally, the GBA is... outdated, really, and the cell phone......
    You're kidding, right?
  • edited August 2008
    I like my psp but it just seems so fragile. Having that flip top on the ds means never having to worry about the screen being scratched. (yes I could get a case for the psp) Psp is a bit bulky and the DS has better games.

I have used the gba slot on my DS so does that count as gba or ds
  • edited August 2008
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    And the cell phone......
    You're kidding, right?

No I'm not.There are some people who can't afford to go out and buy a DS or PSP, and they most likely already have a mobile phone, so they get their mobile gaming fix on a cell phone.It's kinda like a PC of mobile gaming in that you need it for other reasons anyway, so buying games for it is a lot cheaper than buying an entire other system to do that.

EDIT:And I put the GBA on there because there are so many good games for it, especially for RPG fans, and some people haven't upgraded yet.
  • edited August 2008
    DS. PSP doesn't have enough games that interest me personally, the GBA is... outdated, really, and the cell phone......
    You're kidding, right?

err the iphone can fall into that which apparently has many good games
  • edited August 2008
    Super monkey ball for the iphone has already sold 300k so yes cell phone games are a valid choice for the casual gamer
  • edited August 2008
    psp more, cause its games are more close to my tastes.. although i do play with my ds quite a lot...
  • edited August 2008
    Alucard wrote: »
    Super monkey ball for the iphone has already sold 300k so yes cell phone games are a valid choice for the casual gamer

When I said cell phone, I really meant more along the lines of an average one, not the iphone.But the iphone counts too.
  • edited August 2008
    No I'm not.There are some people who can't afford to go out and buy a DS or PSP, and they most likely already have a mobile phone, so they get their mobile gaming fix on a cell phone.It's kinda like a PC of mobile gaming in that you need it for other reasons anyway, so buying games for it is a lot cheaper than buying an entire other system to do that.

EDIT:And I put the GBA on there because there are so many good games for it, especially for RPG fans, and some people haven't upgraded yet.
    I know, it's just... cell phones really aren't ideal, you know?
  • edited August 2008
    Also, In Japan cell phone games are quite popular. People play them on the trains all the time. There are a fair number of people who play the psp and ds too.

I myself played my cell phone on a regular basis on the way to my job. The price was generally low for games and they were quickly downloaded. I had a wipeout clone as well as bomberman.

In NA everyone drives a car so that makes it a bit more difficult to drive and game (though some do). I think if we saw a mass shift to public transit the sales of cell phone games would explode here.
  • edited August 2008
    I play my DS a lot, although I play GBA games on it more than I do with the actual DS games. So, would that count as GBA?
  • edited August 2008
    I honestly play my DS more than any system at all. I very seldom touch my XBOX360 or PS3, and when I do I tend to use them more as DVD players than anything else. I do enjoy my PSP, but I don't have close to the library for it that I do for the DS though.

Edit: I have to admit I play quite a lot of GBA games on the DS too.
  • ShauntronShauntron Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    I know, it's just... cell phones really aren't ideal, you know?

Although I used my DS a lot, I don't always carry it with me. Cell phone Tetris has occupied me in many waiting lines.
  • edited August 2008
    Umm....DS. I think...

-iRock
  • edited August 2008
    My DS is my dildo.
  • edited August 2008
    PSP and homebrew... two words that go well together. I can play Open-source Transport Tycoon Deluxe from the comfort of my bed! It's probably my favorite 'homebrew' game. Not exactly 'homebrew' as its pretty much just a PSP port of OpenTTD.
  • edited August 2008
    My bro wants a Pandora, which is a handheld made solely for homebrew. Actually looks pretty good, but I'll give it a miss for now until the handhelds we've already got die or whatever.
  • edited August 2008
    Not to be a grammar nazi or anything but.... okay fine, I'm being a grammar nazi..
    but I think you mean 'edition'.
  • edited August 2008
    I Choose cell phone because i have an Iphone 3G:p:D and OMG:eek: i am the only people (lol) to choose cell phone:cool:
  • edited August 2008
    i don't have any handhelds, but i play my cousins ds whenever i can. yoshi island ds is so addicting...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.