Did I miss this e-mail?

sbcg4ap_email.jpg

I just got 100%, and I never saw this e-mail. Did anybody get more than 7 e-mails (in game, not counting somebody else sending you something)?

I saw a post by a Telltale staff member a little while ago implying that the "head size" e-mail was sort of a hint, so I'm thinking maybe that you get more e-mails (hints) if you have hints on "high", which I didn't. I don't know what this would be a hint for, though.

Did this e-mail just get cut before release?

Comments

• edited August 2008
    The "head size" e-mail is sent by the same people, Jay and Jim Rosen. So it's reasonable to assume that the head size email was a replacement for the head full of crap, or that the head full of crap was never meant to be in the game in the first placeand that was just to show the graphics engine. This obviously isn't a normal in-game shot, ince we don't see Strong Bad's head off to the side or his reflection in the screen.

So we can assume that this was a piece of content either never meant for release or replaced by the "Head Size" e-mail. Similar to the "Super Punch-Out" mumbling before "My Style" in one preview video.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    This was in the demo we had at the Nintendo press event when the game was first announced. It was changed to the "whose head is bigger" email at some point after that. I don't know why. (But I have to admit, I prefer the original. Strong Bad's intonation as he read it was hilarious.)

The reference to Super Punch-Out had to be removed since it's copyrighted. It was replaced with Rhino Feeder, which is a Videlectrix game. :D
  • edited August 2008
    Hintingly, possible material for the DVD? :D
  • edited August 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    This was in the demo we had at the Nintendo press event when the game was first announced. It was changed to the "whose head is bigger" email at some point after that. I don't know why. (But I have to admit, I prefer the original. Strong Bad's intonation as he read it was hilarious.)

The reference to Super Punch-Out had to be removed since it's copyrighted. It was replaced with Rhino Feeder, which is a Videlectrix game. :D

Hey you better watch it, Videlectrix might find out. :D
  • edited August 2008
    It's perfectly okay, since Videlectrix is Telltale's partner for this game. As such, they're allowed to use Videlectrix licenses, they have permission. ;)
  • edited August 2008
    Not Snake Boxer 6.

;)
  • edited August 2008
    how about the "ultimate throwdown of ultimate destiny"? did neil cicierega swarm you with his non-existant lawyers?
  • edited August 2008
    as much as this would have been hilarious, the other one makes more sence as it actualy comes up in the game
  • edited August 2008
    nathew wrote: »
    how about the "ultimate throwdown of ultimate destiny"? did neil cicierega swarm you with his non-existant lawyers?

Or Stryper, the french, or the super punch-out team?
  • edited August 2008
    It still is in the game, barely hinted in the name of the FCUSATRTTEOTR 1st place trophy. (Forgot full trophy name.)
  • edited August 2008
    Free Country USA Race To The End Of The Race Silver Trophy Of Ultimate Destiny.
    If I remember correctly...
  • edited August 2008
    Free Country USA Triannual Race To The End Of The Race Silver Trophy Of Ultimate Destiny.
    If I remember correctly...

Fixed.
  • edited September 2008
    Browsing through the game sound files, there was also another email planned..

It was a second email from bubs, sent if you took too long to pick up the total load sample... In more or less words it read... "Hey strong bad, come pick up this total load before it eats a hole through my counter."

I could also quote over a dozen voice recordings that were not used in the game (as far as i know, but ill wait for the play it again list to come out before i go writing them off as "Deleted content"). So i will just call them "Cool lines that i did not find in game, which means they probably were deleted, making it a stupid mistake by telltale that cost us a laugh if they really were deleted".

Some of the funniest lines i did not find in game were from the drive through whale. "if you are dissatisfied with our service, please accept this invitation to bite me"

Telltale... If you guys are trying to keep the download size down, then what is with the 2 dozen voice recordings not used in the game?... thats got to be at least 15-20MB you could have saved on the download size

Not to mention that its just plain uncool it is to have lines locked up in the assets and cannot be heard in the regular game (so only geeks like me can hear them).
  • edited September 2008
    Hm... I suspect that those were most likely lines that were in the game and were missed.
    Or they really were removed and someone at Telltale just got lazy with file cleanup.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2008
    nathew wrote: »

That would be fairly extreme! I think the reference to "the Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny" was accidental, and was changed along with a few dozen other lines during a rewrite/pick-up process to punch up a few jokes and clarify things.

I think that Trapezoid and the Chaps were both at ROFLCon, but sadly I don't think that they met (or if they did, I don't know if the Chapmans knew that he was the guy who did that Flash short).
  • edited September 2008
    Dangerzone wrote: »
    Some of the funniest lines i did not find in game were from the drive through whale. "if you are dissatisfied with our service, please accept this invitation to bite me"

Pretty sure I heard that one... so it's not unused, it's just that you didn't hear it :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.