Homestar Ruiner: The Cocktail

In celebration of the release of SBCG4AP:HR, I give you the Melonade Martini:

attachment.php?attachmentid=286&d=1218684205

2 ounces Vodka
2 ounces Watermelon Juice*
1/2 ounce Midori

Shake and strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with a frozen marshmallow.

*To make watermelon juice, pureé watermelon (rind removed) in a food processor, then strain out the pulp and seeds with a wire strainer.

Enjoy (responsibly)

Comments

• edited August 2008
    That actually sounds pretty good.
  • edited August 2008
    Mmm, alcohol referencing to Homestar Runner...
  • edited August 2008
    oh boy, me want.

except i'm not really a vodka guy. too burny.
  • GaryGary Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    I would just like to say that I approve of the original post.
  • David EDavid E Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    I'm not really a big cocktail drinker, but I'm pretty impressed by this, and it actually sounds pretty tasty. :)

10 super bonus points if you brew up a couple of Cold Ones.
  • That's Good, but don't forget your Daily Helping of SUUDSU!

cea16f0e00.jpg
  • edited August 2008
    nathew wrote: »
    oh boy, me want.

except i'm not really a vodka guy. too burny.

That's why I use a top-shelf vodka. Goes down smooth and clean, like gasoline. :D

It's also my insurance against over-imbibing. See, you can't afford to get wasted on the good stuff.
  • edited August 2008
    I say just use plain beer.Cocktails are too classy. But it still probably tastes good.
  • edited August 2008
    i like a cold one every now and then. can't beat an old style during a cubs game.
  • edited August 2008
    I always imagined melonade as referring to honeydew, rather than watermelon. But it does have the Midori in there.
  • edited August 2008
    That sounds good, but I've never drank alcohol... unless you count mouth wash! :D
    But the melon aid; I'd say all the melon juices you can get! A hint of fruit punch, and a single grain of salt(?). That's how I'd make my melonaid style!
  • edited August 2008
    hmm, that's a pretty neat cocktail there....i guess this website is now rated "t" for it's alcohol reference.
    anyway, now i just have to find a store that sells midori and find out how much an ounce is..
    ..btw, suudsu doesn't work. at least not with german gummi bears, which are the only true ones, because they're to heavy and don't float in mild.
  • edited August 2008
    Top shelf vodka is the most dangerous, really. The truly good stuff tastes as smooth as water. Very easy to over-imbibe. :)
    wisp wrote: »
    anyway, now i just have to find a store that sells midori and find out how much an ounce is.

A normal sized shot glass is an ounce. And midori's easy to find in most supermarkets. :)
  • edited August 2008
    hmm, that's a pretty neat cocktail there....i guess this website is now rated "t" for it's alcohol reference.
    anyway, now i just have to find a store that sells midori and find out how much an ounce is..
    ..btw, suudsu doesn't work. at least not with german gummi bears, which are the only true ones, because they're to heavy and don't float in mild.
    A gummy bear is a gummy bear, no matter how heavy.
  • edited August 2008
    has anyone here actually made a suudsu? if i did it was years ago so i wouldn't remember. but boy i could go for one right now.
  • edited August 2008
    I'd make some, but I hate milk.
  • edited August 2008
    Botap wrote: »
    A normal sized shot glass is an ounce. And midori's easy to find in most supermarkets. :)
    i thought so, but wasn't sure. about the midori: it's not that easy...in the more rural areas. they don't even sell jack daniels in my local supermarket anymore.
    A gummy bear is a gummy bear, no matter how heavy.
    well, there are the good gummi bears...aaand cheap copies. i though, maybe american gummi bears were lighter than european one and because of this might behave properly in milk.
    nathew wrote: »
    has anyone here actually made a suudsu? if i did it was years ago so i wouldn't remember. but boy i could go for one right now.
    yes, i tried, but since the gummi bears don't float, like in the cartoon, you only get a glass of milk with a lump of wet gelatine at the bottom..
  • edited August 2008
    ...yes, i tried, but since the gummi bears don't float, like in the cartoon, you only get a glass of milk with a lump of wet gelatine at the bottom..

Sounds good! :D
  • Ben Again wrote: »
    Sounds good! :D
    Lol, I made a suudsu yesterday night. Truth be told, it actually is, really good!

I make one every now and then for the sake of it... and the American-type Gummi bears did sink/ float around in the milk. Nothing wrong there. ^_^
  • edited August 2008
    about the midori: it's not that easy...in the more rural areas. they don't even sell jack daniels in my local supermarket anymore.

That's horrible! Jack Daniels, I mean. For bourbon, you're better off with Maker's Mark or Knob Creek. ;)

I remember being in Toronto once, was and shocked to find that the supermarkets didn't carry non-alcoholic mixers like Sweet and Sour. And the alcohol stores all closed early. That was a sad day.
  • edited August 2008
    Ooh, suudsu is actually good!? I gotta get gummi bears! :D
  • edited August 2008
    Man, I wish I had some gummi bears.Then I could have a nice glass of Suudsu before I go to sleep tonight.:)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.