Xbox 360 Arcade

edited October 2006 in Sam & Max
Actually, everybody is talking about porting Sam & Max to the WIiiiii, but seriously, isnt there a better machine to port it to even easier? YES there is, a Xbox 360 with XNA is probably the best way to port this game (although i bet the Wii also has great porting abilities).

This would be THE Arcade game everybody would buy (atleast all with some comic/adventure craving).

So please F.T.L.O.S&M port this to the Crossbox!!!!!

PS! Sorry if this topic has been up earlier, i did a quick search and couldnt find much of it! !DS

Comments

• edited September 2006
    Actually, everybody is talking about porting Sam & Max to the WIiiiii, but seriously, isnt there a better machine to port it to even easier? YES there is, a Xbox 360 with XNA is probably the best way to port this game (although i bet the Wii also has great porting abilities).

This would be THE Arcade game everybody would buy (atleast all with some comic/adventure craving).

So please F.T.L.O.S&M port this to the Crossbox!!!!!

PS! Sorry if this topic has been up earlier, i did a quick search and couldnt find much of it! !DS

:)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))
    The 360 is a bad choice. It's much better to put it on the Wii (not WIiiiii) Mainly because control would be difficult on the 360 and effortless on the Wii. But the PC is even better. (I do think that if it was ported to the 360, it would make a lot of money though)
  • edited September 2006
    A bad choice? I'm sure gamers can move a pointer with a thumbstick. And no doubt there will be Xbox360 mice available (primarilty for FPS's) soon enough.

Here, Dan Connors being interviewed a few months back
    GS: Have you been approached by any of the console makers for digital distribution on, say, Xbox Live Arcade, or Nintendo's Virtual Console, or whatever the heck Sony's doing with the PlayStation 3?

DC: Actually, David [Reid] and I were just talking about this. Figuring out this whole episodic move-over into distribution, it's something that you have to be there to learn the behavior of the audience, and what the consumers want, and start tailoring the products in that direction. So the fact that Telltale's sort of jumped in the water and learned how to swim, we're starting to see that we're in a position to work with Xbox and Sony to deliver content for their system that's right.

Again, it's this broadband-friendly, higher quality product than just Bejeweled. It's either a Bejeweled / Tetris kind of thing, or whatever huge title, like…Oblivion. And there's a ton of space in-between, you know. Oblivion isn't broadband friendly, and Bejeweled is not an Xbox title. So there's this whole space that needs to be filled, and Telltale's kind of commitment two years ago to fill this role has put us in the position to be the right answer for people like Xbox and Sony.

I hardly think Telltale are going to want to limit the platforms their titles can be published on.
  • edited September 2006
    I hardly think at all
  • edited September 2006
    I hardly exist.
  • edited September 2006
    I have to say I think the Wii is a much better fit. Point and Click games are heavily mouse dependent, and they either require a complete UI makeover, or they handle in a very clumsy fashion without one.

For examples, try playing any of the old scumm titles without a mouse. It can be done, but it's not really enjoyable. Alternatively, see games like Cannon Fodder on the SNES, it was a port of a game originally for the Amiga, and was one of the few titles with support for the SNES mouse (released with Mario Paint). It handles just like the Amiga original with the mouse, but is quite cludgy and unresponsive without it (although admittedly, it is an action game).

If it was available there, and no Wii version was released, I would probably buy Sam and Max on XBL Arcade. But I'll take a Wii port in preference any day. Also, I'd argue that Sam and Max doesn't really mesh well will the Xbox 360's base, which from my observations tend to be pretty heavily action gamers. I'm not saying there are no people who would like Sam and Max and have an Xbox 360, far from it, as I am one, but I think we're in the minority.
  • edited October 2006
    Well actually, i think the playerbase of the 360 is more like the "pc" community , moreso than the Nintendo or Sony crowds.

Almost all people that i know with 360s (a couple of young kids excepted) , has been pc gamers for atleast a decade. The Gamecube people i know, really hasnt even played pc games and as for the PS owners i know, they wouldnt touch a pc with a ten foot pole for gaming. (MS aversions perhaps).
    The 360 is far more "western" in style and games than the PS or the GC/Wii.

As for the question if people with 360s are mainly actiongamers, id have to disagree, as the 360 currently has plenty more to offer (although its a little lacking in the rpg/adventure department).
    I mainly bought my xb360 for playing racinggames and for the XBL arcade. I cant think of one single game for the wii or gc that gets me excited (come on guys, most of you know that the gc/wii is the "kids" consoles of the bunch compared to ps/xb with a much stronger emphasis on the crowd 14-)

Just my 55 cents on the issue!

Sorry if this piece is poorly written, wrote it on coffee break.
  • edited October 2006
    (come on guys, most of you know that the gc/wii is the "kids" consoles of the bunch compared to ps/xb with a much stronger emphasis on the crowd 14-)

I've pre-orered a Wii & I'm 32 [:">]
  • edited October 2006
    I cant think of one single game for the wii or gc that gets me excited (come on guys, most of you know that the gc/wii is the "kids" consoles of the bunch compared to ps/xb with a much stronger emphasis on the crowd 14-)

Just my 55 cents on the issue!

Super Smash Bros. Melee (or Brawl for Wii). There aren't many games, you are right, but that one is a pure classic. There is hardly a better multiplayer game than SSB.

And for the Wii as being a kids console, I wouldn't bet big money on it just yet. Things change - but with GC you're absolutely right.
  • edited October 2006
    There will also be racing games for the Wii. And it's not a console for kids, just like Gamecube isn't just for kids. You could also say that Sam & Max is for kids because they're cartoon characters, but the line between what's for kids and what's for adults isn't as sharp as you make it out to be. Sure, Gamecube had a lot of E-rated games, but also M-rated games. And E-rated games aren't always just for kids. [/nintendofanboy]
  • edited October 2006
    True what you say guys!
    But Nintendo themselves has said (at least for the GC) that their main audience they were aiming for was under the age of 14. Of course older people are buying the console as well, as younger people buy 360 and ps:s (aiming for older main audience). Sorry if i offended some people here. I myself am going to try the wiiiiiiiii as soon as my cousins kids buy one, and if i find the gadget appeal of their new controller to be lasting and the games fun, ill buy one myself aswell (age 28).

So if u ask me, please make S&M available on 360 AND the wiiiiiiii. (but 360 is most important one for me).
  • edited October 2006
    Well, you didn't offend me, but it's just that Nintendo has always had a special place in my gaming life, and I get a bit defensive when people say Nintendo is for kids. Of course it is for kids as well as adults, just like the 360 can be used by everyone. And it'd be great to see Sam & Max on the 360 as well, even though I won't get one. The more platforms it's on, the merrier. B-)
  • edited October 2006
    I like Nintendo as well, but you can't deny that Gamecube targeted mainly kids. It's a fact, not an opinion. That didn't prevent me from getting one though.

Nintendo has been for kids. But it just might change this time around.
  • edited October 2006
    I like Nintendo as well, but you can't deny that Gamecube targeted mainly kids. It's a fact, not an opinion.
    Did Nintendo specifically market it towards kids? Sure, people ended up seeing the Gamecube as a kids console, but that doesn't mean Nintendo had that intention. And I'd say that Nintendo has shaken off the "for kids" image with the DS. They're continuing that trend (of appealing to people of all ages) with the Wii.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.