QUESTIONS that need of ANSWERING

edited October 2006 in Sam & Max
1.) How CAN I get ahold of a poster of the image of Sam & Max that's up on myspace? It's so freakin gorgeous. And would love it for getting through dorm life.

2.) Does Telltale offer internships over the summer?

3.) Wil the Purcell watercolor comic of Sam & Max ever be published in paper form?
They're so beautiful and would be so much more visually stimulating if I could hold it in my hand instead of moving a mouse.

4. When can we expect the onslaught of Sam & Max merchandise?
At least some more artistic tshirts?

Comments

• edited October 2006
    I don't have any answers, but I've got a question: when will we see a Sam & Max play? ;)
  • edited October 2006
    I don't have any answers, but I've got a question: when will we see a Sam & Max play? ;)

Sam & Max : The Musical?
    You'll laugh, you'll cry, you’ll plead for sweet mercy
  • edited October 2006
    Yea, I did say I was going to do that didn't i?
    I thought about it, I don't think it's fair to contain Sam & Max to the stage.
    A live television show perhaps... which is probably what I wanted to do all along...
    I know some incredible puppet builders. That is much more likely.

Course by this point, Purcell is probably tired of hearing from me, when I actually have something together I'll send him a message.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2006
    1) Are you talking about Sam & Max in the alley? You're not the first person who's suggested turning it into a poster. :) Thanks for the feedback.

2) Sometimes. Depends on what you know how to do. :D

3) Steve has said before that it's a possibility, once the series is completed.

4) New merchandise coming very soon.
  • edited October 2006
    Yes! The one in the alleyway. It's very well rendered. I very much approve of how the Telltale staff is handeling the promotion of this game and how the fans are reacting, I think it's wonderful. It's a little unfortunate about the voices, but I mean it's pretty close and really I think people more care about having Sam & Max back. Period.
    Some really trendy Sam & Max merchandise would be wonderful.
    Thank you Emily
  • SquinkySquinky Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2006
    Hey! You're the guy who wrote that Monkey Island play! Cool.

By the way, I'm an intern here myself.
  • edited October 2006

Do they feed you?
  • SquinkySquinky Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2006
    They tried to feed me to Dave Bogan's dog once. Luckily, I wouldn't digest.
  • edited October 2006
    I have an unrelated question. I can't decide If I want to buy Okami or FF XII. Which should I buy?
  • edited October 2006
    I cant wait for some new sam and max merch :D
  • edited October 2006

Yes, I'm that guy. Nice to know you've seen it... :D

What does your internship cover???
  • edited October 2006

Yes, I'm that guy. Nice to know you've seen it... :D

What does your internship cover???

You are? COOL!
  • edited October 2006
    Today I was privelleged to look over a sketch book which Purcell had made recently for a comic convention, in 06... It was something like... The Age of S & M... it was an incredible book with no words/no descriptions. I knew exactly what sketches were linked to which event in Sam & Max history. I think it would be an excellent piece for telltale to offer in their online store. And is a must for any Sam & Max fan or just artists to be in general. He even drew up ideas for action figures, and Max jack in the boxes.

Telltale could easily become the mecca for Sam & Max nerds, and sort of has recently. Curious if it will sort of grow from there...

Oh yeah, did Purcell write the script, or did TELLTALE have a general idea for what they wanted and then he approved it???
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2006
    I think it would be an excellent piece for telltale to offer in their online store.

We think so, too. :D

Steve released those sketchbooks at Comic-Con '06, and we happened to be there too. Here's a picture of one of the pages and here's a blog that tells a little bit about the book.
    Oh yeah, did Purcell write the script, or did TELLTALE have a general idea for what they wanted and then he approved it???

For the game, you mean? The script was written by designers Dave Grossman and Brendan Ferguson (with Steve's input on the plot and characters), and then I think Steve looked it over and made some changes to some of the lines to make them more Sam & Max-y.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.