Start a Story, be your own Fable. (Create a Fable Thread)

Comments

• Oh god, the awkwardness from Makoto is too much! :D

Tetra posted: »

Tranquility The next day at the hospital. "Hey did you hear Snow might be returning to the office today!" Celeste said "Is she?" Ma

• Yes what a guy XD it only gets worse! Well maybe :p

Oh god, the awkwardness from Makoto is too much!

• Whenever Therese drinks beer, this will be her theme song now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-jOEAufDQ4

:)

EMMYPESS posted: »

Therese had rarely been drunk in her life. From what she could remember from those few experiences, she knew three things. * Lock her p

• So, all they needed to do was kill Romulus to break Hope free from Echidna's possession? I'm sort of confused now. And Remus was the one who was like, "I've seen the error of my ways, I'm going to try and help the 2 families if I can." Right?

pudding_pie posted: »

Chapter 38 'The Wolf cry' Jersey held Hope close to his chest, as Junior opened a portal. The mirror was a bright glowing red, as ever

• Dang, that turned from sweet to (sour?) really quick. I loved it with a passion for revenge. >:)

JJwolf posted: »

Chapter 21 Rose Red and a Wolf "Daddy, you awake? Daddy..." Robert stood up; he was still back at the Farm, under a large tree, wit

• LOL, that totally wasn't intentional, I swear! ;)

There'll be some unexpected twists, I just thought up of one right now! Glad you love her so far!

Just answering three questionsmmade me think of The Walking Dead series when Ricks asks only 3. Went off track there....ahem. xD I'm lovi

• edited November 2014

I think you'll like what I have in store for him, as well as a particular Rose.

I'm happy you're eager to see it, Stone!

MasterStone posted: »

I look forward too seeing this new fable, and the return of Tezoth!

• her Irish-ness

Alt text

Expect some twists to happen, not right away though. Got to keep your active minds thinking on all sorts of scenarios!

LupineNoir posted: »

I like her already! Her peculiar time-keeping, curiosity to the odd way time passes when you're asleep, and her Irish-ness. Just who Fayde E

• One Step at a Time

The next day Makoto woke up early to go see Celeste to tell her how the project went. When he arrived to the hospital she standing and just finished getting dressed.

"Whoa!" Makoto said

Celeste gave him a hug. "Hey! how'd it go?"

"Hold on..." Makoto began "You can walk again? Geez it feels like yesterday I was told you had nine months till you walked!"

"Well my wounds regenerate faster than normal fables so they were off by quite a bit." Celeste said

"Gee how come you never told me?" Makoto asked

"Sorry I thought you would've picked up on it." Celeste giggled

Makoto laughed "Yeah I guess you're right, wanna go see Snow to get your citizenship?" Makoto asked

"Yeah I was actually going to get you but you beat me to the punch!" Celeste said

"Well let's get going! I'll tell you how my night went!" Makoto smiled

On there way over to the Woodlands, Makoto told Celeste about the cover-up job and how Bluebeard almost ruined the whole thing by murdering someone. When they got there though they were told that she wasn't there that her and Bigby ran off with each other somewhere and no one knew where they were.

"Shit" Makoto said puzzled

"What are we going to do now?" Celeste said

"Well I can try and track them down but I don't know how well that will work it was really difficult to learn." Makoto said

"What do we have to lose!" Celeste said "Let's track them down and see what happened!"

"I guess we could do that, are you sure we shouldn't just give them their space?" Makoto asked

"Oh come on! It'll be like an adventure!" Celeste said with her face lit up

"Okay, okay" Makoto said sitting down "Give me a bit to look for them."

Celeste nodded and left him in a quiet room. After an hour Celeste walked back in.

"Any luck?" She asked

"Well they are to the west, That I know for sure." Makoto said "I also know you sat behind the door pretty much the whole time" He smiled

She blushed and handed him a cup "Well what was I supposed to do! Grrr...anyways this is from Bluebeard....maybe they went to California?"

"We can start there I guess...I'll set up my flight and the hotel." Makoto said taking a sip

"You mean OUR flight and hotel? I am going with you." Celeste said

"You are? You just recovered is that a smart idea?" Makoto asked

"I can't let you have all the fun, I've missed too much exciting stuff in my life anyway! Lets go and have some fun!" Celeste said seductively

Man... Makoto thought she's like an entirely different person...That injury must have hit her hard...Makotos head started to hurt....what's going on? He closed his eyes.

Time goes on

Celeste screamed....Makotos head flew up....Where was he? It was some luxury hotel there were drinks and food. When he looked to find Celeste he saw her with a blanket on face bright red.

"What's going on here?" Makoto asked

"I don't know, I remember we were in your office and I gave you a drink I got from Bluebeard....the rest I don't remember except waking up here!" Celeste said

Bluebeard he thought.....

"I think I know why Bigby and Snow went missing." Makoto said throwing on some clothes.

"Wha-Hey! What about this-us what happened?" Celeste said

"I'm just as clueless as you, from what I can tell he cast a spell on us the same way he did Bigby and Snow." Makoto said

"Did we?" Celestes face was redder than before.

"We slept together yes. C'mon lets go we need to catch him, this time he's not getting away." Makoto said

Celeste nodded with a red face and got dressed. After she got done dressing they started to open the door it slammed in Makotos face knocking both him and Celeste back.

"Ah good I didn't miss you two" Bluebeard smiled picking up Celeste by her hair, she screamed in pain.

"You know how I liked to kill?" Bluebeard said dragging his pocket knife down Celestes cheek, Makotos vision was blurry trying to snap out of his daze.

"I took my brides and killed them on our wedding day." Blubeard said while lifting up Celestes shirt and drawing blood. She yelled in pain and screamed for Makoto who was still in a daze.

"I never thought it'd be this easy" Bluebeard continued "With all your little upgrades and training I figure I'd have a hard time but with a knock out and memory wipe spell anything is possible." he said drawing more blood.

He dropped Celeste "I'll finish you after my dear, but first your sweet......sweet......prince." Bluebeard said grabbing Makoto by the throat.

"Have fun in hell with your father kid!" Bluebeard said pulling back his knife.

It then hit Makoto....A dark chill went down his spine. What was this feeling? He looked over and saw Celeste crying with a blood stained shirt. He started to panic having quick breathes. He can't die here in front of her, in front of anybody! But before he could react, Celeste shot fire to his back, in pain Bluebeard dropped Makoto who got back up and tackled Bluebeard to the ground. Makoto started swinging his fists into Bluebeards face each hit getting more and more brutal. When Makoto backed up Bluebeard lay on the floor. Celeste threw herself onto Makoto sobbing.

"Is he dead?" Celeste asked

"Yes, I'm so sorry Celeste" Makoto said tearing up.

Celeste stopped crying but when she looked at Makoto he was the one crying now, this was the first time she's ever seen him like this.

"I-I was so scared, I didn't know what was going to happen....I should've been stronger but I was in a hurry and didn't look ahead or else I would've prepared more." Makoto said

"It's okay, the cuts he gave me are gone, remember I heal quick." Celeste said

She realized then that he was just as broken as she was, just in a different way.

"What should we do?" Celeste said

"Burn him." Makoto said

"What?" Celeste said

"We are in a hotel in the middle of a city in who knows what state, what else are we supposed to do?"

"I guess so but wouldn't it burn down the building?" Celeste said

"She was right" Makoto thought, "Alright I'll bring him into the bathroom and shut off the fire alarms in the room." Makoto said

Celeste nodded, they set everything up and burned the body made sure to watch it to make sure they didn't burn down the whole building.

"What do we do now?" Celeste said

"Well first we need new clothes, second we need to keep looking for Snow and Bigby." Makoto said

"Gotcha we made it this far might as well finish through with it." Celeste said

They walked down to the lobby and grabbed some extra clothes and walked into the city to search for Snow and Bigby.

That's it! Any questions or comments let me know! Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving! :D

• edited November 2014

No; Romulus just got what was coming to him. Let me see if I can explain without over doing it. :)

Hope was pure. COMPLETE opposite of Jersey. His Fable was the 13th child (Jersey) was pure evil. Hope being the13th child was the opposite. Echidna needed this; she would use her body and soul as a vessel for the evil. Her plan was to take over Fabletown and take it as her own. The pot contaning the blood of both Hope and Josiah was the fuel needed for the evil. By Oliver sacraficing himself, his blood mixed, causing an unbalanced matter that allowed Penny to drive the sword of purity into his heart, free Hope and place the evil back into the box.

Penny was the Black Knight; she was supposed to rid the evil. (That being Hope) Everyone was sure she would have to kill Hope in order to save Fabletown. They didn't see Oliver, though and his plan. And Remus never WANTED to hurt the families; he was promised freedom from Echidna's grasp IF he followed orders. He does not want trouble. He'll get dealt with in time.

Hope that explained some. If ya' need more, let me know. :)

So, all they needed to do was kill Romulus to break Hope free from Echidna's possession? I'm sort of confused now. And Remus was the one who was like, "I've seen the error of my ways, I'm going to try and help the 2 families if I can." Right?

• Yes, he does seem that way. Glad you like him and Therese! I wanted someone musical-oriented to come into the scene, so I made him that way. You'll learn more about him as the chapters go on.

That's actually a valid fear. I, as I've said before, am still thinking this all through, and that was actually something I was considering on doing. I might do something a LITTLE different; You'll see as it goes.

And thanks! I'm both nervous and relieved to be getting it done now.

Adam is a bit of an odd enigma, in the sense that he's explained an important part of his life, yet how he feels and who he is now he's keep

• edited November 2014

"And you just walked in? Therese, he could be a madman," Reynard was saying. They were on a lunch break together, sitting in the Eggman Diner as snowflakes fell gracefully to the ground. Even while sitting near a heating vent, she still felt the cold radiating off the glass of the window. Their booth was at the farthest corner, away from most of the other customers.

"Is chivalry truly dead?" He went on, his fingers dipping french fries into ketchup.

"I'd like to say it's an endangered species. And you, sir," Therese said,"It's not like you ever show it."

"We're employees. And family friends. I don't have to be a gentleman to you."

"Bah! We're barely friends at all! You're lucky I can put up with you."

"Admit it," Reynard said. "I'm irresistible."

Therese fake gagged,"Please, don't say that again. I might hack up my freshly swallowed cheeseburger."

Reynard laughed. "But seriously. He just came to Fabletown from the Homelands a month ago. Even though he signed the contract, doesn't mean he will honor it. Be careful, please."

"Since when do you even care?" She asked, genuinely curious.

Reynard paused, looking out the windows at the flakes that stuck to the glass. His expression was distant as he said,"Since you became more than an occasional face in my life."

"....Right. Looks like it's time to get back to work. I need to pick up the papers from Cole's apartment, he signed them all but had to go up to the Farm and talk with Rose about something important."

"Okay. You go do that, I'll be on my way to the office in a few minutes."

"Alright. Bye, foxy."

Reynard watched her leave with a guilt in the pit of his stomach. He knew Adam was a good man. There was no way he was not. He was just....

What was the word? He didn't even know at this point. He just worried. And cared. God, when was the last time he cared?

When Meghan was on her deathbed?

He fought back fresh tears, paying for his lunch, and leaving. His scarf blew in the wind ferociously and he felt snowflakes piling on his eyelashes. The walk back was short, just a few steps into the foyer of the castle, then up and elevator and then a few more steps to the end of the hall where that all too familiar wooden door with it's little window stood. He unlocked it, turning the lights on and heading for his considerably smaller desk behind Therese's desk.

He stopped in his tracks.

A girl sat there. She had long, jet black hair. As soon as she saw him, she jumped.

"Oh my- You weren't supposed to be here for another fifteen minutes!" She exclaimed. She scrambled from the chair, backing up defensively as Reynard drew closer.

"Who are you?" He asked. "And how did you get into the Business Office? There are spells that prevent lock-picking all over that thing."

"I-" She stuttered, her head whipping around. She didn't seem like she knew what to say.

"Well? Name?"

"Charlotte," she breathed. She looked like she was holding her breath, as if letting it go would cost her life.

"Charlotte...?"

"That's it. I do not-...I don't take a last name. None that you should know, anyway."

"Are you a new Fable from the Homelands."

"No," She whispered. Her eyes were a light hazel color, and something about her struck him oddly. She looked like someone he knew.

"Where are you from, and how did you get in here?"

"I can't tell you," She said. "All I am permitted to say is that you need to find William. ASAP."

"He disappeared, we have no leads."

"But you do! He's been sending cryptic messages for months! Have you not noticed the signs?"

"Educate me." Reynard swiveled his chair, taking a seat and crossing his arms. "If you convince me that I shouldn't bring this up with good ole Mary, then I'll let you go, and maybe I'll also take your word into consideration. But any less, and the slammer it is. The basement is a dark place, you don't wanna be there, honey cakes."

Her cheeks reddened. "I hate when you call me that."

"What?"

"Nevermind. Okay-...Um....Alright! I know where to start. So, when William disappeared, did you see the seal that was burnt into the floor?"

"Yes. The witches said it was a foreign symbol, something they never seen before."

"Ever wonder why such an influx of Homelanders recently?"

"Not particularly. We get masses every now and again. Even with the adversary gone, there is still persecution in other worlds, and this world seems to be the only true escape from it all."

"Well," Charlotte said, grabbing the back of her neck with her hand. "They've all come here for a reason that none of them could tell you in your interviews. It was William's doing. I-"

"Alright, that's enough. Where are you from. Seriously. I don't care HOW 'secretive' you need to be. You need to tell me how you obtained this information. And why you are telling me, of all people. I'm not even the deputy."

"Wait-...You're not the Deputy? Then....who is?"

"Therese."

"Therese?"

Reynard nodded. "That's what I just said. She's going to be back in a few minutes. I can either take you over to Mary, or we can wait for my superior to get back, and then you can explain yourself. Entirely."

"Well-"

The door swung open, Therese's arms filled with a stack of papers as she lugged them to her desk top. She didn't notice the stranger until she turned to look at Reynard.

"Uh, who is this girl?"

"Charlotte," She uttered. She had a fear in her eyes, unlike anything Therese had ever seen in a person.

"Well, Charlotte, what's the problem."

Charlotte blinked rapidly. "You-...you...You are the vessel! You need to STAY AWAY from William! If he-...If he gets to you, hell! Hell on earth! Oh my goodness, Grandfather Bigby-"

Reynard slammed his hand on his desk out of frustration. It made Charlotte jump nearly a foot off the ground, and Therese's heart leapt a second. "TELL US WHERE YOU ARE FROM!"

"The future!" She yelled back. "Okay? Now my mission is compromised. Are you happy?"

Reynard rubbed the bridge of his nose with his thumb and forefinger. "You've got to be kidding me."

"I'm not! And I know who you are! You're Reynard the Fox. You are the leader of the Cause, you commanded my grandfather, Bigby Wolf-"

"What are you talking about?" Therese's jaw was wide as she stared at the frantic girl. She stepped closer, getting a good look at her face. "Who are your parents?"

"Scarlett," Charlotte whispered. "And Jackson. But they're dead. Because of you." The contempt in her quiet voice disintegrated Therese's heart. She felt tears rise up in her eyes, but she hadn't know why the words of this crazy person had gotten to her. Clearly, she was not right in the head. And yet....the things she described, what she knew. How could she be lying?

"I'm thoroughly confused," Reynard said, his arms folded across his body. "You're from the future, how did you get here?"

"It's a power I own. When I was born, I had it hardwired into my system. They suspected it had to do with the magical combination of both my parents' lineages. My father came from a line of the darkest creatures. The nightmares of your childhoods. And my mother, she was a pure soul. The magic in her came from a much more powerful source, one that connects with the start of life and everything good. There was bound to be a hiccup on my hard wiring. "

"So you gained the ability to go to the past?"

"I've been able to do it since birth, but I only discovered the ability recently. I told Grandfather, and he immediately recruited me to the Cause. Told me I could be the key to saving us all. I believed him-...But now....maybe it won't make a difference. Maybe me being here will do nothing to change your actions. I don't know anymore."

Therese drew her hand to her lips, utterly shocked at Charlotte's words. "So...I killed your parents? My family?"

"You're related to my mother or father?" Charlotte was shocked herself.

"I'm your mother's aunt. Nobody told you?"

"Nobody dwells on the past where I'm from. We're all fixated on defeating William. Now that I think back on it..." She paused, her eyes going distant as she stared off to empty space. "Grandfather Bigby always seemed....detached when talking about you. The Vessel, you are called. You were used to carry William's needs out. To kill, to destroy. To get rid of us all. You need to stay away from him. He WILL use you, no matter how you resist. Stay away."

"It makes no sense," Reynard said. "What could the man have to do with Therese, of all people?"

"He needed someone from Grandfather Bigby's lineage. He needed someone who had not unlocked their magical abilities yet. One who'd been dormant for years."

Therese's heart now leapt. The years spent in Discardia, she was unable to use any of the powers she was given at birth. The world was opposite; She could not fly once she was there, nor could she perform magic if she could, or turn into a wolf. She could have very well been mundane.

"I....haven't used my powers in God knows how many years. Nor can I do so easily. I can't-....I don't have the ability to become a wolf, or to fly, or even perform magic anymore. I can't...grasp it."

Charlotte's look went grave. "You need to learn to grab hold of it again. Your life, and everyone else's lives, depend on it. I must go-...I'll be back. I swear on it. But I need to report back. I've said far too much-....But, I don't think it will be as detriment as the group thinks. I will report nothing false. Good day to you all. And keep a look out for me."

Reynard was about to say something, when Charlotte completely vanished. As if she were not there. And yet, she had left her notebook behind, full of foreign looking symbols and codes, and nearly indecipherable handwriting filling every line on the page, explain what each thing means in great detail.

"Are you alright?" Reynard asked after a while. "You're as pale as a ghost."

"I...killed...them," She whispered with an eerie horror in her voice. "It was me who is destined to kill. The witches said, 'And the third would do a horrible thing. The fourth would die to stop her.' Was it really Discardia? Did Darien die there? Was my fate truly carried out yet? Is this all a lie? What-....What...." And Therese's body fell limp to the hard rock floor. She blacked out.

BET you didn't see THAT coming! I thought this up the other day, and have been itching to get it down just right. Hope you like it!

Went to see Mockingjay part 1 today, Very good! I liked Catching Fire a little more, but I liked it! Frankly, I can't remember a lot that happened in the book, so my project this weekend is to reread it and see how accurate the movie was. I couldn't even remember names until they were spoken by one of the characters outloud XD Forgot Boggs, and Cressida, and a ton of other people. Man. I'm hella rusty on the facts XD

Hope you all have a happy Thanksgiving! I may or may not post another chapter tomorrow; I'm thankful for this community and all the feedback I receive from you guys! I would NOT be here today with out it all! Thank you, guys!

Any questions, I'll answer them to the best of my ability, unless they pertain to guesses about what might happen, because even I don't know what the next chapter will contain, or who will betray who, or who will die or live, and such things as that.

• I think I understand now, some of what you said was a refresher for me as well. Thank you for taking the time to explain again. :)

Go Team Hope, Go Team Remus!

No; Romulus just got what was coming to him. Let me see if I can explain without over doing it. Hope was pure. COMPLETE opposite of Jers

• And a Happy Thanksgiving to you too! I'm going to make a Thanksgiving announcement for tomorrow. That is, if you guys aren't busy eating turkey in the dining room already. :D

"And you just walked in? Therese, he could be a madman," Reynard was saying. They were on a lunch break together, sitting in the Eggman Dine

• What a great way to wrap this story up! An anniversary of a very challenging time of their lives that they successfully overcame - though not without sacrifices - seems like the right thing to do.

Damien's moustache-burning exploits make him sound like a tiny terror! xD Though it does make me wonder what Jersey would look like without his moustache...

There's a excellent selection of names in this chapter, too. Logan is very fitting for a wolf, but maybe they shouldn't let him watch X-Men! Or maybe they should. Either way, Dylan James reminds me of the poet Dylan Thomas, so that's a good name for that reason alone in my book. :3 A question about the name Brooklyn: would it be for a girl or a boy? I've known Brooke as a girls name, but Brooklyn could probably be either.

I think this is RJ's first grown-up debut, and it's nice to see he's in the tattoo business - Georgie and he can compare tat's!

Penny letting go of the box is probably the most symbolic part, showing that they really are moving on. The promise of a whole new generation of Porgies means that lives are sure to not become dull, though!

Great job on another whirlwind of a story, Pie! :D And thanks - you continually produce stories and art of high standard, and this thread just wouldn't be the same without your work! It's inspirational stuff. :)

Chapter 40 'Forever Forward' One year later Katie stood in the kitchen. In the oven, a large Ham finished cooking. Beside her, Hope

• How this is all going to turn out, I'm not sure, but I do know this: someone will end up with one massive headache!

Also, when Georgie transformed into a frog, I still pictured him with a miniature bowler hat on! xD He just wouldn't be Georgie without the hat, no matter what form he's in.

Anyway, intrigued to see where you're going with this, JJ; hope lunch and preparations went well!

JJwolf posted: »

Chapter 22 "In the dark of the night" Rose walked down the street and head to the Pudding and Pie. The lights were dim, as the club wn

• Georgie's honesty to Holly can only help matters, and the blossoming of a brighter future between them is already visible. Lyla may be Georgie's salvation, but it is up to him to make the changes to his life that will enable that future; to see him making those changes are realising that life can be different - better - is very uplifting. As for Holly being a part of Georgie's future, it sounded like one of Georige's children might get together with one of Holly's, or perhaps Holly herself. Not sure, but I'm curious to find out - perhaps you'll cover it in Ethan, Emily and Peter's tale!

Prologue The Homelands and I John, along with Holly, did their best to bandage Georgie's hands. They were stiff and the bones were ach

• Celeste can throw fireballs?! Didn't see that coming. Nor Bluebeard bewitching them, but when it comes down to it it seems it was Bluebeard who got the worse result out of that, dying and all. Now that Celeste and Makoto are on the hunt for Bigby and Snow, I do wonder if they're going to have a run-in with Goldilocks!

Have a great Thanksgiving yourself! :D

One Step at a Time The next day Makoto woke up early to go see Celeste to tell her how the project went. When he arrived to the hospital

• For ages I've been suspecting William's return (which you've probably noticed), but I never expected anything quite like this! I have to commend you it - things already look quite fantastic with this story!

Going by the awkward conversation between Therese and Reynard at the diner, I'm wondering if Therese's drunken kissing was just that and nothing more; but who knows with Adam, and what he might be up to. The detail of the snow building up on Reynard's eyelashes, and the description of it on the window I thought a nice extra touch. As for Charlotte's appearance, well, I'm not even sure when to begin with that, so I'll simply say I'm definitely wondering where you're going to go with it!

Happy Thankagiving to yourself! And thanks for the stories you've given us - the thread wouldn't be the same without you're writing!

"And you just walked in? Therese, he could be a madman," Reynard was saying. They were on a lunch break together, sitting in the Eggman Dine

• Today's the day, everyone!

Alt text

I'm positive you guys will have fun with your family or friends today. Make sure to eat lots and lots of turkey and pumpkin pie with cool whip!

• I contemplated on her having some sort of healing power or fire powers but my love for fire powers ultimately won out :D Sadly I cannot write today but I'll write the next part tomorrow ;) Thanks LupineNoir :D

Celeste can throw fireballs?! Didn't see that coming. Nor Bluebeard bewitching them, but when it comes down to it it seems it was Bluebeard

• Happy Thanksgiving to you too and everyone else as well! :D

Today's the day, everyone! I'm positive you guys will have fun with your family or friends today. Make sure to eat lots and lots of turkey and pumpkin pie with cool whip!

• Alt text

Happy Thanksgiving to you too and everyone else as well!

• Alt text

Happy Thanksgiving lol from Giant Mutant Fire Breathing Turkey!

• edited November 2014

Alt text

Today's the day, everyone! I'm positive you guys will have fun with your family or friends today. Make sure to eat lots and lots of turkey and pumpkin pie with cool whip!

• Indeed it is a start for Georgie and what it can do for him in the future. Yes, Lyla will help him but you are right: Only Georgie can TRULY change his life for the better in hopes of creating a better life for himself. I will cover Holly's involvement with Georgie's family.

Been thinking bout this for awhile and think you guys will like it in my next tale. :)

Georgie's honesty to Holly can only help matters, and the blossoming of a brighter future between them is already visible. Lyla may be Geor

• Happy Thanksgiving to you and your families! Be safe and have fun! Pie is going to get fat today! xD

• Luckily the mirrors are there at your disposal. ;)

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your families! Be safe and have fun! Pie is going to get fat today! xD

• It seemed fast but in my notebooks there were several chapters I had to chop out; not appropriate for this thread and it would have made things more complicated, so I left it the way it was. I tend to go back and forth in other stories, covering what wasn't anyways. :)

I've always liked Logan it does fit a Wolf pup. :)And I didn't think about the poet Dylan Thomas. Dylan James just went very well with one another. And Brooklynn would be for a little girl; I had a cousin's friend name their daughter Brooklynn and it was beautiful for a little girl.

And I almost forgot about RJ until JJ mentioned it to me; he'll show up more in my next tale, though and will give him more detail as an ault. I couldn't quite find the RIGHT occupaton. He screames Tattoo Artist and its made his daddy Georgie proud. :) They actually WILL compare. xD

Penny wanted to hold on to so much; Oliver, her love for him and the box. But now with a litter on the way and her marriage to Johann, this was the best option. Burning it would have erased all her memories of him and she couldn't quite come to doing so. Plus, Katie and the others felt it was safer if the box was hidden away from the world.

Glad you liked it and hearing things like that is what fuels me to continue with this; The Porgie stories were never meant to take off like thy have. It was a side project meant for my eyes only because I wasn't too sure how readers would take to Georgie having children and each of them having their own fates. After the 1st and everyone seemed to like it, that gave me hope.

And here we are. :)

What a great way to wrap this story up! An anniversary of a very challenging time of their lives that they successfully overcame - though no

• Prologue

All in all

Holly and the others stayed in time for dinner. Their meal was simple; Potato soup and homemade bread prepared by Henry the night before. In silence, they ate. Their conversations had been said and there was no need to carry on. Holly, however, continued to eye Georgie from across the table. They must have had the same thought: Would things truly ever be the same again?

Nothing ever was, though and sadly everyone knew this. But Georgie had ambition this time and Fabletown would see it upon his return. Luckily, those making a visit out here saw the effort he was putting into all this.

John finally broke the silence. "Nancy will be out here tomorrow."

Georgie looked up. "I thought they kept this place away from mundies?"

"Well, it took a lot of convincing and paperwork but Cole agreed to our proposal and she will be out here for a few hours to see you."

"The Farm ain't gunna be too pleased with that."

"Sunflower was ready to evacuate the place. She's a mundy. Not that Adversary that forced you all out here."

Snow sighs. "It's the idea of a mundy knowing about their existence in the world. We've developed spells to make sure we were never seen."

"I understand that, Snow. But Nancy also KNOWS about not only the Folker world but this one as well. I'm PRETTY sure your secret is safe."

Snow huffs. "I'm aware of Nancy..."

"She just want's to see Georgie. That's all."

"You KNOW what will happen if word is out-"

John sighs. "Relax, Miss White. You're starting to jumping to conclusion again."

Holly sips from her glass. "I think its a wonderful idea for Nancy to make a visit out here. Gives Georgie a chance to see people do wish to see him."

Georgie dug his spoon into the thick soup. Nancy was never a judgemental woman or so he had heard. He feared one look, however, would convince her otherwise. She was a mundy; they had THEIR version of him and if she saw the man her daughter was supposed to save, her mind may change. Secretly, he was prepared

After dinner and a quick cleanup, Georgie headed inside and into the shower. The air was heavy and thick. Henry was still chained outside. The boy howled at the moon, his anguish cries filling the night air. Georgie closed the window. He couldn't stand to hear Henry in such torment. Sunflower gave him a bowl of soup but he refused to eat. Georgie could see it, still full, sitting beside the tree.

Georgie peered down at his hands; the flesh was lacerated and stung from the various medications given throughout the day. Carefully, Georgie took the blood soaked bandages off and rinsed the dry blood from his hands. He took a sponge from the cabinets and cleaned beneath his nails. The pain was searing, as he tried to hold back the tears.

"Stupid Fox." Georgie mumbled, as he cautiously continued to clean the wounds. He didn't feel like yelling or crying at that moment. Georgie felt this was sort of a punishment handed to him the only way the good lord knew how to do so. Georgie didn't want people feeling sympathy for him, as he struggled to peel the banadages back and allow the cool water to coat his wounds.

After ten minute spent doing so, Georgie stepped into the shower. He took the bar of soap and gently carrased his body, as to avoid further irritation to his hands. The cool water splashed along his spine and neck, as Georgie closed his eyes and leaned against the tile. All he could picture at that moment was Lyla. Her alluring voice touching his soul and embracing it with her love. Her devotion and kindness holding Georgie, as she gently sang to him in the comfort of their room.

Georgie, eyes still closed, painted her image before him. Lyla's shoulder length hair blew with the wind, as it softly danced along. Her Amber eyes twinkled with the Sun, as her slender fingers stroked the long grass. She'd pluck a Flower from the ground, sniff and examine the beauty. Georgie, smile upon his face, was pleased with her radiant smile. She'd look up and beckon.

"There you are, silly. Come over here, Georgie."

Carefully weaving around the tall grass, Georgie reaches out his hands and grabs Lyla's hips. He pulled her close, the warmth of her skin touching his bare chest. Her pouty lips inched closer to his; he could smell a faint hint of flower petals, as Georgie's hand strokes her cheek. Lyla's laughter echos all around; Birds tweet above, Bees swarm around the Flowers and the wind plow through the branches and leaves.

"Kiss me, Georgie. I love you so much..."

Georgie beams. "I love you so much, Lyla. I've been waitin' fa' ya'..."

As he leans in, the world around them becomes dark and cold. The wind stands still; the trees are bare and the grass is the color of an old Boot. Georgie pauses to open his eyes; Lyla is gone, as he stands alone in the meadow.

"LYLA!" He calls out. Silence. "LYLA! Where did ya' go-"

There is a malicious laughter behind. Georgie fears to turn. His body trembles, as he feels a large hand cup on his shoulder. Smoke clouds around his face. the curtains above, as the glow showered Georgie. He turned around.

"Georgie, boy-daddy needs ya' in the back, son."

Georgie shoves the man off, runs into the darkness and past the bare trees. The man continue to follow him; Georgie looks down and he is now his eight year old self. Bare feet and no shirt, Georgie plows his way through the dark, finds a stump and slams himself against it. His hands are dirty, sliced and bleeding. Where was he? Where did Lyla go?

"Lyla!" Georgie continues to call out. "Lyla! Where did you go!?"

"LYLA LYLA!" The man mocks Georgie. "Ya' think ANYONE will eva' love ya', boy? Look at ya'. You be the most pathetic excuse fa' a human being. Too damn bad ya' mother kept ya'."

The man spits on Georgie, as Georgie noticed the man begin to unbutton his pants.

"Guess there be only ONE good reason why ya' mother kept ya', Georgie boy. Now come here-"

Georgie, still in the shower, begins to thrash. He is stuck in an ever occuring nightmare, as Sunflower enters the room. He seesGeorgie throw himself against the tile, as he grabs Georgie and pin him to the ground.

"GEORGIE! Georgie, wake up!"

Georgie is still, as his eyes widen and dart. He is back on the Farm. In the shower. He looks down and notices his cuts open and bleeding. Sunflower sighs, as he steps off of Georgie and grabs a fresh towel.

"Nightmare again?"

"It was only for a minute, I swear..."

Sunflower grabs his right hand. "Will you ever tell me, Georgie or are we going to play alone?"

Georgie is silent. This is Sunflower's answer, as he places pressure on the wound.

"Time, Georgie. I have plenty of time..."

The concern in his voice reassures Georgie.

"Thanks Sunflower..."

"Soon?"

"I promise...."

Sunflower smiles. "Get dressed...I'll get Henry in here for you."

Georgie had never been so happy to have Henry that night. The boy curled up with Georgie, as they fell alseep under the moon. Henry held Georgie's hand, doing his best to comfort the troubled Fable.

"I'm here for you, Georgie...."

Georgie sighs. "I know, Henry. Just..soon. I promise."

Henry snuggles closer. "He can't hurt you, Georgie..."

"Go ta' sleep, Henry. It's late..."

Henry pauses. "I love you, Georgie..."

"Ya' too, boy..."

He was not alone. Not anymore.

Any questions, you know the drill. :) Hope everyone is having a great Thanksgiving. I know I am! :D

• LOL I too pictured this Frog with a Bowler hat!! :D I can't see him without it.

I have an idea on what to do with this. KINDA playing it day by day at this point. xD I went very well. Thank you. :)

How this is all going to turn out, I'm not sure, but I do know this: someone will end up with one massive headache! Also, when Georgie tr

• Happy Thanksgiving to you all! Have fun, eat plenty of food and be safe.

• I loved the detail Georgie had of Lyla. I could picture it in my own as I read it.

That is a terrible thing to see time after time. I begining to SEE the problems Georgie has. His father's image IS the monster hiding under the bed; the rape he endured by the hands of his own father and the silence his family had haunts his dreams. Even closing his eyes he sees the image. :(

I hope he confides in Sunflower and Henry soo. Perhaps letting Holly or John know will help him cope and move on. Also, the scene with him and Henry. <3 It's two people, lost and alone, that found a friendship in each other. Can't wait for more. You paint these feelings, pie and I applaude you for that. You're not afraid to show the raw emotions.

Have a blast and call me later. :)

Prologue All in all Holly and the others stayed in time for dinner. Their meal was simple; Potato soup and homemade bread prepared by

• Everytime I see this, I shit myself XD

• That which you cut out may or may not have added to the overall tale, but what you posted is certainly substantial; and, personally, I felt that a lot of Oliver's key moments were well spaced. There was long enough for us to really dislike him, then to be unsure of whether or not we should dislike him, and then realizing that maybe the poor guy wasn't so bad after all. I think that's one of my highlights of this tale, actually. Mentioning things being complicated, I'm actually considering writing out a timeline for your's and JJ's stories: so much goes on and I sometimes get lost with just which things follow which or come before another. xD

The names are very good choices! You and Emmy are definitely top people to go to for charming appellations! ;D

Purely out of curiosity, have you written anything like this for any other characters of video games or fiction?

It seemed fast but in my notebooks there were several chapters I had to chop out; not appropriate for this thread and it would have made thi

• Happy Thanksgiving too! I'm currently cleaning while my stepmom cooks and other family members are wandering around lol. As long as they don't get in the way and do as I say, it's all good! No guests coming over that I know of, it'll just be my family and I eating tonight. <3

• That is one happy looking turkey. Does he know that turkeys get eaten at Thanksgiving? Because that's not an I'm-about-to-get-eaten dance if you ask me. ;)

Anyway, thanks! I'm not celebrating it, but I do appreciate the thought; and a Happy Thanksgiving to yourself! And all others! :D

• Thanks! I figured people have been wondering if I forgot about him completely. I wanted to bring him back, but more dangerous and evil than before. There will be some major happenings, abd probably more surprises as I write. Glad you like it!

Thanks, I wanted to set the scene. Reynard has confused feelings for his coworker; Loosing his wife recently(If you read Fairest, there's currently an arc that has to do with Reynard and this mundy girl Meghan whom he falls in love with.) And having to deal with his daughter growing up without him to be near her to guide her is putting a damper on him.

The idea to include Charlotte in the mess was something I was unsure of doing, but really wanted to do. The idea hit me a few days ago, so I thought about how I would introduce her, and originally I was going to do it from her point of view, but I felt as though that would create a much more confusing setting for the chapter. I tried it out, but didn't like where it was going, so I postponed introducing her for another two days or so. I wanted something shocking to an extent, something nobody expected to happen. She will be making appearances, but I don't want her to be a super-major character, unless I change my mind later on about that.

And thanks, again <3 You have a happy Thanksgiving too! (Do you celebrate it the same way in England as us Americans do? I wonder that more often than I should.) And it's no problem. Writing here has been one of the best decisions I've ever made, and I love every minute of it. I'm terribly behind on reading (STILL) but I will make it up in due time. Afterall, I don't shop on Black Friday, so I'll have the day to myself (Well, I SHOULD have the day to myself XD)

For ages I've been suspecting William's return (which you've probably noticed), but I never expected anything quite like this! I have to com

• Perhaps it's a kamikaze turkey? I believe he's sacrificing himself so that he can aid the turkey rebellion to get us to consume as much meat as possible, just so that they can trick us into swallowing a ton of explosives in the process.

Maybe I'll just not eat turkey today, actually. ;P

That is one happy looking turkey. Does he know that turkeys get eaten at Thanksgiving? Because that's not an I'm-about-to-get-eaten dance if

• Whoa, being the commanding authority amongst your own relatives, huh? Hope it all goes to plan in your case! XD

Happy Thanksgiving too! I'm currently cleaning while my stepmom cooks and other family members are wandering around lol. As long as they don

Sign in to comment in this discussion.