Switching From Wii to PC

Soooo, I'm not sure if this is where I should be posting this, but I got SBCG4AP on the wii right when it came out cause I was so excited, and then I realized that I should clearly be playing it for PC. I mean, my wii doesn't have close to enough memory for me to keep all 5 episodes on it (transferring back and forth from sd is a bit of a pain) and it's 15 dollars more in the end.

Anywho, I know that when you telltale games on the PC (I've got a lot of experience in that realm haha) they let you upgrade to the whole season package if you've got just one episode. I was wondering if anyone knows whether there's some sort of way to prove that you bought the wii version and then upgrade to the whole pc season for a discounted price. Seems kinda unreasonable I guess, but otherwise I feel like a bit of a chump for shelling out 10 bucks for the wii version and then 35 for the complete season.

Phew. Man that post was long and pretty dull. My apologies.

Comments

• edited August 2008
    There is no such way, I'm sad to tell you. The Telltale guys have said that it's just not possible, they don't have access to those records.

On the other hand, you *still* save 5 bucks on the whole season on the PC, can store more than 4 Snappy pics, get carry-over costumes, higher screen resolution, and the free-except-for-shipping DVD at the end of the season. So, y'know. There's that.
  • edited August 2008
    hahah this is so ridiculous. Even if there was a way to prove you bought it, it would still be impossible as Telltale would be losing money. You'd end up with both the PC and Wii version for the price of one.
    It's absurd to even think that this would be an option. This isn't Wal-Mart
  • edited August 2008
    Really? The laughing and berating wasn't necessary, or really all that warranted. =/
  • edited August 2008
    thanks rather dashing for the answer and defense haha. i'll definitely save the 5 bucks.

P.S. i like your sn
  • edited August 2008
    There is no such way, I'm sad to tell you. The Telltale guys have said that it's just not possible, they don't have access to those records.

On the other hand, you *still* save 5 bucks on the whole season on the PC, can store more than 4 Snappy pics, get carry-over costumes, higher screen resolution, and the free-except-for-shipping DVD at the end of the season. So, y'know. There's that.

It's just ludicrus , you know, it's not even an option for me. The "family" computer freezes, gitches, slows down, and distorts audio and video when I play Bone, Sam&Max, Texas Holdem, and the strong bad demo. I don't have my own computer.
  • FloFlo
    edited August 2008
    Strong Max wrote: »
    It's just ludicrus , you know, it's not even an option for me. The "family" computer freezes, gitches, slows down, and distorts audio and video when I play Bone, Sam&Max, Texas Holdem, and the strong bad demo. I don't have my own computer.
    That sounds like a problem with the computer rather than the games ;)
  • edited August 2008
    Flo wrote: »
    That sounds like a problem with the computer rather than the games ;)

I like to vent...
  • edited August 2008
    not me= Soooo, I'm not sure if this is where I should be posting this, but I got SBCG4AP on the wii right when it came out cause I was so excited, and then I realized that I should clearly be playing it for PC. I mean, my wii doesn't have close to enough memory for me to keep all 5 episodes on it (transferring back and forth from sd is a bit of a pain) and it's 15 dollars more in the end.

me= I had the same problem because in the uk the pc sbcg4ap came out first and I wanted it for wii but I got it for pc because I was so exsited now when I get all the episodes evry month my computer will get slower!
  • edited August 2008
    fiapey wrote: »
    not me= Soooo, I'm not sure if this is where I should be posting this, but I got SBCG4AP on the wii right when it came out cause I was so excited, and then I realized that I should clearly be playing it for PC. I mean, my wii doesn't have close to enough memory for me to keep all 5 episodes on it (transferring back and forth from sd is a bit of a pain) and it's 15 dollars more in the end.

me= I had the same problem because in the uk the pc sbcg4ap came out first and I wanted it for wii but I got it for pc because I was so exsited now when I get all the episodes evry month my computer will get slower!

Your computer will get slower? for adding to your hard disk? Am I missing something here? Your computer shouldn't get any slower just because you install a few games on it.
  • edited August 2008
    I'm trying to figure this out too. You can't get your computer to move more slowly if you install a game on it any more than if you made a lot of Word documents. =/
Sign in to comment in this discussion.