is sbcg4ap any thing like sam and max?

I have never played sam and max. If you have can you tell me the simolaritys between them.

Thanks.

Comments

• edited August 2008
    - It's a point 'n' click.
    - It's made by Telltale Games.

Similarities between the two series are pretty slim. They are both very different in terms of gameplay and humour - try the demos out!

Much better PR response below! :D
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    The gameplay style is similar (point and click, solving puzzles and exploring to advance the story), and they're both funny, but the art and characters and types of stories are different. For instance, Sam & Max are "Freelance Police," sort of detectives who investigate all sorts of weird events, usually causing more damage than help along the way. You can check out a bunch of videos from Sam & Max over on our video page.

Also, there's a complete free Sam & Max episode available -- Abe Lincoln Must Die! -- which you can download for free and play all the way through to see if you like the characters and series.
  • FloFlo
    edited August 2008
    Both series have their very own type of humor.

Actually makes me wonder what would happen if you threw them together. Slight OT, but, theoretically do Telltale's Sam & Max and Strong Bad licenses allow a crossover, either as a standalone game/episode or a cameo-type deal?
    edited August 2008
    I'm sure that if we really wanted to do one for some reason, if the context was appropriate, Purcell and the Chaps would go for it. In-joke style crossovers are of course totally allowed and encouraged by everyone. (see: Sam & Max Season Two alternate ending.)
  • edited August 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    I'm sure that if we really wanted to do one for some reason, if the context was appropriate, Purcell and the Chaps would go for it. In-joke style crossovers are of course totally allowed and encouraged by everyone. (see: Sam & Max Season Two alternate ending.)

Alternate ending?! Have I missed something here...?
    edited August 2008
    It's a DVD easter egg, which was given out early to IGN for their Season Two DVD preview.
  • edited August 2008
    Homestar is tiny compared to that jar...
  • edited August 2008
    Theres a lot of similarities I can see.
  • edited August 2008
    Same gameplay, but otherwise completely different.
  • edited August 2008
    The puzzles are definitely different, and I think Sam and Max puzzles are definitely more difficult.

I would suggest playing "Abe Lincoln Must Die!". It's free, and a great game, and gives you a pretty good sense of what Sam and Max is all about.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.