The Geek? The Desodo

edited February 2006 in Sam & Max
Im bacccccck!

I was wondering:
a. was the geek in the comics, or just the video program
b. WHat do you think happened to her. Do you think she will show up anytime soon.
c. Same as b, but with the Desodo.

Comments

• edited January 2006
    I hope there is no Geek. That was just a character in the cartoon series by Fox. The car was in the comics and the game. I'm sure it was in the cartoons as well, so it'll probably make an appearance in the new games as well. It depends on what situations Sam & Max find themselves in, I guess.
  • edited January 2006
    The car was in the comics and the game. I'm sure it was in the cartoons as well, so it'll probably make an appearance in the new games as well.
    Yeah, no duh.

But what do you think HAPPENED to them since Sam and Max's dissapearence?

I bet the Desodo is under a mountain of parking tickets.
  • edited January 2006
    The car was in the comics and the game. I'm sure it was in the cartoons as well, so it'll probably make an appearance in the new games as well.
    Yeah, no duh.

But what do you think HAPPENED to them since Sam and Max's dissapearence?

I bet the Desodo is under a mountain of parking tickets.
    Sorry, I misread your post and thought C was saying same as A and B. I humbly apologize for ruining your life, unintentionally implying that you may not know all that much about the world of Sam & Max with my unforgiveable skimming error.;)

The Geek has probably been hopped up on drugs all this time, selling her body to science for medical experiments and pharmeceutical trials. The car has since been crushed into a cube for failure to pay that mountain of parking tickets. They're going to have to get a new car when they get back. It will look just like the old one, because it's more cost effective fore the art department to keep using the old model.
  • edited January 2006
    robotguy4, it isn't very nice to make fun of other people. Please don't pull a 13 year old on us and insult everyone on threads for whatever reason because it makes me want to hunt said insulters down and strangle them for being arse holes. That's right. Arse. As in not ass which means donkey. Not donkey holes. Bottom holes. People misunderstand things all the time, especially on this great big wide world we call the 'internet web computer technology electronic thing.. net'. By god I sound like some sort of hippy. Damn hippies.

As for the Geek? My hope is that she invented a way to shrink herself and was kept as a pet by Max in his roach farm. And then she got eaten because he's been gone so long and the roaches were hungry. Because I hate her. Damn characters added in to make the show more child friendly.

And I guess that the Desoto grew a mind of its own and had many wacky adventures. Because it amuses me to think so.
  • edited January 2006
    The Geek was horribly disintegrated when one of her creations went wrong. And good riddance, because Sam & Max need no "female characters," whatever those are.

The Desoto is parked outside their office, albeit somewhat dusty and with crude images drawn in the dust.
  • edited January 2006
    i heard the geek got her own reality show on the wb
  • edited January 2006
    The Geek was horribly disintegrated when one of her creations went wrong. And good riddance, because Sam & Max need no "female characters," whatever those are.

The Desoto is parked outside their office, albeit somewhat dusty and with crude images drawn in the dust.

'fe'-male? Do you mean male? what's a fe? I'm confused... :)
  • edited January 2006
    The Geek wasn't added to make the show kid-friendly...She was added to make the show GIRL-Friendly. While i admit she was somewhat deformed and superfluous, it was nice of them to make an effort at a female who wasn't a raging stereotype, negligible love interest or completely at-odds with the concept. Female-free shows don not fly in today's society. (I pointed this out to my boss while doing designs for a pitch one day. Surprisingly, they listened and the next set of outlines i was given listed Lt. Fuzz as a female persian cat, rather than a tom, and included a picture of Mae West as reference. XD )

Fe = Fille.French. Noun. Girl. Daughter. Young Woman.

I think I'm the only "fe" on this board. -_-;
  • edited February 2006
    Although The Geek was indeed an attempt at trying to insert a female, she was also geared towards child friendlinesserosity. Even the name 'the Geek' is just stupid. I like to assume it was done to appeal to both females and children.

I'm sure there's at least one other woman than you on these forums, spookymeggie. Much like the fabled 'female gamer' they are an elusive breed and thus very diffcult to find. However when one reveals herself another one is sure to follow (eventually). Once more, :) .
  • edited February 2006
    robotguy4, it isn't very nice to make fun of other people. Please don't pull a 13 year old on us and insult everyone on threads for whatever reason because it makes me want to hunt said insulters down and strangle them for being arse holes.
    What? All I said was "no duh." If I really wanted to insult him I would have called him something, like "cr-- for brains."
    Besides, didnt you insult people?
    Damn hippies.
    ONE OF MY FRIENDS IS SORT OF A HIPPIE!

Sorry if I offended anyone in any way.

The desodo growing a mind of its own... Funny, and yet so possible...

The car has since been crushed into a cube for failure to pay that mountain of parking tickets.

I thought the desodo was indestructible.

I'm sure there's at least one other woman than you on these forums, spookymeggie. Much like the fabled 'female gamer' they are an elusive breed and thus very diffcult to find. However when one reveals herself another one is sure to follow (eventually). Once more, :).
    Wasnt that from a webcomic?
  • edited February 2006
    I thought the desodo was indestructible.
    Might be, might be! But it could also be like the General Lee from the Dukes of Hazzard. They used a whole lot of them during the course of the series because they kept getting destroyed during the stunts. Same goes for Lassie, and her cloned army of replacements.
  • edited February 2006
    Yeah, I probably have insulted people before but... it's funny when I do it? Hmm. No. I'll think of some sort of excuse. Unfortunately no matter how you might mean something it can be twisted into some sort of horrible beast due to the fact that this is the internets and you have to account for how people might read your comment and you know, stuff. So basically, some of us (namely me) read it and thought "Hey, that's not very nice".

I make no apologies to any and all hippies who read this. My father was a hippy. So I have an excuse to make fun of them.

If the last quote comes from a webcomic, it's one I haven't read before. So I'm totally not a thief. And now you know!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.