Wha-What happened to the Visitor messages?!

Hey Telltale, what's up with removing the Visitor Messages from our Profiles? I miss them. For some reason. D=

Comments

• edited August 2008
    So do I.
  • edited August 2008
    A few people ruined it for everyone :(
  • edited August 2008
    I liked visitor messages because it was the only place I could make announcements so that it wasn't spam.:(
  • edited August 2008
    why_we_cant_have_nice_things.jpg
  • edited August 2008
    umm....
  • edited August 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    A few people ruined it for everyone :(

Jeez Jake and Emilly, thanks a bunch. :mad:

:p
  • edited August 2008
    Yah I miss em 2! I was one of the few that actually had Comments.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    I like the idea of visitor messages, too. Sadly they're super hard to moderate, and because they're off the beaten path of the main forums, people were taking advantage of them to try and say things with a rudeness level way beyond what would be allowed in a regular post.
  • edited August 2008
    I imagine that album picture comments will be the next thing to go. They are a bit off the "beaten path," as well. It is a shame that a few spoiled eggs have to ruin things for everyone.
  • edited August 2008
    ShaggE wrote: »
    why_we_cant_have_nice_things.jpg
    Zombies are why we can't have nice things!
  • edited August 2008
    Me want comments back.
  • edited August 2008
    mhaley wrote: »
    I imagine that album picture comments will be the next thing to go. They are a bit off the "beaten path," as well. It is a shame that a few spoiled eggs have to ruin things for everyone.
    It's a bit of a tricky thing, actually. On the one hand, plenty of people used them to flame people I'm sure, but at the same time I can't completely blame them. Oh, sure, it's not nice and you shouldn't do it, but some people... I mean, it's not like they deserve it or anything, but you got to admit that there have been a few... not-so-fun people to be around.
    Not that I support or condone the behavior. It's not nice, people! Don't be a jerk.
  • edited August 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    I like the idea of visitor messages, too. Sadly they're super hard to moderate, and because they're off the beaten path of the main forums, people were taking advantage of them to try and say things with a rudeness level way beyond what would be allowed in a regular post.

*whistles, looks away from everyone*
Sign in to comment in this discussion.