Watchmen - The Film

edited August 2008 in General Chat
HD 1080p Trailer on Youtube

The novel was amazing and I'm sure the film will be too. Who else is going to see this?

Comments

• edited August 2008
    I might see it once it comes out. Loved the comic itself, though.
    Actually, seeing the trailer before The Dark Knight made me decide to actually read the thing. I couldn't find it anywhere, though, so I had to resort to Amazon.
    Is it still one of their top 10 bestsellers?
  • edited August 2008
    I'll catch it on DVD. Kevin Smith has seen the movie and couldn't say enough good things about it, so I think this'll be a good one.
  • edited August 2008
    Bought the novel a few weeks ago and loved every piece of it. The movie will be an interesting watch.
  • ShauntronShauntron Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    I read that Zack Snyder got involved because he was terrified someone else might ruin it, which is cool with me. In earlier attempts to adapt the film, the treatment involved transplanting the whole story into a modern day, war on terrorism context. Whoopee.

...I'm fairly certain that youtube clip is not 1080p...
  • edited August 2008
    Watchmen?I'm guessing they have some relations to the Clock Crew...
  • David EDavid E Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    The trailer looks cool, but I was kind of put off that they used a Smashing Pumpkins song that was made for Batman and Robin.
  • edited August 2008
    The song won't be in the final movie (it has been reported) it was just used for the trailer.

Yes, it does look cool. But considering so many other comic-to-film adaptions have been screwed with, I am withholding judgement.

Alan Moore had his name taken off this one before shooting had even got underway. His royalties will go to the guy who was the artist for the original book.

(Moore was incredibly disappointed/angry with the V for Vendetta film that he made sure his name never appeared on that either)
  • edited August 2008
    My understanding was that Moore was upset because he wrote Watchmen specifically to show off what comics could do that other mediums couldn't.
  • edited August 2008
    I probably won't see the movie. There's no way they could possibly do the original graphic novel/series any justice in a standard 2-hour Hollywood movie for general audiences.
  • edited August 2008
    I wouldn't say I'm a huge comics fan (although I have read Watchmen) but I do like movies... and a lot of the movie comic adaptions are pretty good movies in their own right, even if different from the comics.

Heck, I'd never even heard of the character of Iron Man until the movie started being promoted.... and it was a pretty good film :)
  • edited August 2008
    Watchmen?I'm guessing they have some relations to the Clock Crew...

Who's the Clock Crew?
  • edited August 2008
    vyperspit wrote: »
    Who's the Clock Crew?
    Go to newgrounds.com."Hello my name is Strawberry Clock.I'm king of the portal."
  • edited August 2008
    You know, it occurs to me that Rorschach's "And I'll whisper 'no'" quote is kind of out-of-place in the trailer. It makes it seem far more important/epic than it really is.
  • edited August 2008
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    You know, it occurs to me that Rorschach's "And I'll whisper 'no'" quote is kind of out-of-place in the trailer. It makes it seem far more important/epic than it really is.

But the goal of practically every action movie trailer is for it to be epic/intense.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.