How does this work....

Ok my Mom said that she MIGHT buy SBCG4AP for the PC but she wants to know how it works.....cuz I dont know either, im new to: "Buying Crap On The Internet"

Comments

• edited August 2008
    As far as I know, you give them your credit card info, they get the money from it, and when it's all... fine, you get a thing to download it. But that's only a guess; I bought it for the Wii (Wii points bought form a store). But I've never bought anything online, so I wouldn't know.
  • David EDavid E Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    Hi Strong Bad Fan. Hi Mom!

Telltale's PC offerings are available as free demos that you can then unlock once you purchase them. When you download the demo, you're actually downloading the full game, so when you buy it, you will simply get a special serial number code that lets you play the full version of the game. These codes will be saved in your account, in the My Purchases section. You'll be able to re-download the games whenever you need to from that page as well.

If you purchase the whole season of Strong Bad, you'll get an email from us every month that the series runs, reminding you to grab the next episode the day it's released. You don't have to grab it right away, though; we just like giving people a heads-up. At the end of the season, we will make a special DVD copy available (which feature extras like commentary and behind-the-scenes stuff) to season subscribers free of charge, minus shipping.

Does that help?
  • edited August 2008
    You put your monies in

Not funny.
  • mremre
    edited August 2008
    David E wrote: »
    Hi Strong Bad Fan. Hi Mom!

Telltale's PC offerings are available as free demos that you can then unlock when you purchase them. Once purchased, you will get a special code that unlocks the game. These codes will be saved in your account, in the My Purchases section. You'll be able to re-download the games whenever you need to from that page as well.

If you purchase the whole season of Strong Bad, you'll get an email every month reminding you to download the next episode. At the end of the season, it's very likely that we will make a special DVD copy available (which feature extras like commentary and behind-the-scenes stuff) to season subscribers free of charge, minus shipping.

Does that help?

EDIT: What he said.
  • edited August 2008
    How It Works

A simple guide by Rather Dashing

You are given a few ways to pay. You can pay by putting in information for your credit card, or paying through PayPal. Paypal is a secure system you can pay through that widely trusted to handle money in online transactions. A Paypal account can be linked to a bank account or credit card, and it makes payment very easy and secure. In both cases, though, you are pretty safe. Telltale is a legitimate company and gets no more information than a brick and mortar store does when they swipe the card in a machine.

If you buy a single game, then a download link will be put on your "My Telltale" account page. From that, you can download the game you bought. If you by a season, every currently released episode(at the moment, just episode 1) will be put on your My Telltale page, and all future episodes of the season will be automatically updated to that page for you to download.

At the end of the season, you can pay about $5 shipping(if you are in the US) for the DVD that will also have the whole season on it, plus hours of extra features. Shipping can be higher if you're in another country, or you add other things onto your order that weigh more.
    David E wrote: »
    At the end of the season, it's very likely that we will make a special DVD copy available (which feature extras like commentary and behind-the-scenes stuff) to season subscribers free of charge, minus shipping.

Woah, woah, woah, "very likely"? You have it on the product page that you will!
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008

The season subscription definitely includes receiving the games on disc for the cost of shipping. David misspoke. Go easy on him, he's new guy. :)
  • David EDavid E Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    Sorry about that, I was not fully informed on the subject, but Jake has corrected me via instant message. We're definitely doing it. Editing my post now.
  • edited August 2008
    Insert monies to internets receive bacon game
  • edited August 2008
    Ooh, a bacon game! :D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.