Wii version questions

Okay so I bought the first strong bad episode on the Wii and it's really nice, I bought it on the Wii because I have a mac so I can't buy the PC version. Here are my questions:

Why is there no special deal for people buying the wii versions, I mean the PC users can get the whole season for $30 we have to spend $50

Will there be a special extra bonus disc/download for the wii versions?

Why are the episodes so much more expensive than sam and max when they are in fact smaller games.

I don't mean to be rude you guys here at Telltale are great but I think you're really ripping off all us wii owners out there.

Comments

• edited August 2008
    Telltale can afford to charge less from their PC store, because there's no middle-man. For the Wii version, part of the money goes to Nintendo. Such is life.
  • edited August 2008
    The only one I can answer is the boundle one. That would be problematic on Nintendo's side, and, I don't think all five episodes can fit on the Wii at the same time(Don't worry; you can put 'em on an SD card for later).
  • edited August 2008
    Ben Again wrote: »
    The only one I can answer is the boundle one. That would be problematic on Nintendo's side, and, I don't think all five episodes can fit on the Wii at the same time(Don't worry; you can put 'em on an SD card for later).

but they could set it up so if you have save data from say the first three or four games then you can download the next one free or something like that.
  • edited August 2008
    Free? Uh, no. And, you can get save data from anywhere. Take one off gamefaqs, and say "Oh! I has save stuff of Episode 1! Now give me episodes 2 through 5! And one, too! I mean again!" And just $10 for the whole season!? Uhh, no. O.o
  • edited August 2008
    your being ignorant I clearly stated that if you had save data from games one through three or five all of those episode, so then it's $10-20 off, which is the same deal PC owners get. Or perhaps they could put a unique serial code in each episode and you can combine those to get the last episode for free. I just think I'm getting seriously ripped off in having to pay $20 more for something with less content.
  • edited August 2008
    It's $15 dollars and the content is the same, unless you count the bonus disc.
  • edited August 2008
    The problem is Nintendo. Their store isn't set up for discounts on sets. In fact, I don't think Nintendo is even willing to offer sale prices on any Virtual Console or WiiWare purchase. I hope that somehow TellTale can get through to Nintendo.

It may still be possible for TellTale to release the whole set as on one disc rather than WiiWare. This may even be better because of the memory shortage.
  • edited August 2008
    I'm still fine with using an SD card to hold games I probubly won't play much at all(i.e. Episode 1 when Episode 3 is out). And I could swear I saw the Wii disk one of CSI something somewhere, although it may have been Xbox or something... either way, it shouldn't be much harder then putting it on Wiiware(so it's likely). But what do I know?
  • edited August 2008
    Blame Nintendo. I just wish that Telltale would give maybe an extra minigame or two for the WiiWare version. It can be very lame, Videlectrix lame, just as long as I get to say "In Your Faces PEECEE!"

No matter what though I'll keep on playing on the Wii being a Mac User.
  • edited August 2008
    I was hoping for one that used all them crazy motion detecting things inside the Wiimote with even crazier names, not just point and button.
  • edited August 2008
    I hope Telltale makes some kind of offer for Wii people to get a bonus disk. Like, "Prove to us that you have all five episodes, and you get a bonus DVD" or something. I know there's a 95% chance that'll never happen, but it's still possible.
  • edited August 2008
    Or just make a Wii disk or a channel?
  • GaryGary Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    danster724 wrote: »
    Why is there no special deal for people buying the wii versions, I mean the PC users can get the whole season for $30 we have to spend $50

$34.95, actually.
    Why are the episodes so much more expensive than sam and max when they are in fact smaller games.

Size does not make something more expensive or cheaper. Metal Gear Solid 4 almost filled an entire blu-ray disc; according to that logic, since it's so big, I guess Konami and Sony should charge $300 for it.
    I don't mean to be rude you guys here at Telltale are great but I think you're really ripping off all us wii owners out there.

:(
  • edited August 2008
    Well this is what happens what you add publishers to the table. They get to choose the price and what you get.
  • edited August 2008
    Yes, blame Telltale for Nintendo's asking price. That makes sense.

I'd gladly spend the extra amount, since I don't have to buy them all right away, anyway. They come out monthly so I can afford it.

Secondly, I count the ability to be able to play it on a television screen or with a Wii console to be a special exclusive feature all on it's own, deserving of slightly upped price.

For someone eager to call other people ignorant, you sure like to blame developers for decisions made by the publisher. That's not exactly what most people would call an informed statement. >_>

My advice would be to either A. Be quiet and enjoy, or B. If the Wii version is too much for your liking, then be quiet and buy the PC version.

Case solved.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.