Episode 3 Title and Spoilers

Got a copy of Total PCGaming today and it has an interview with Mark Darin and Emily where they discuss episode 2 and 3.

Emily says in the interview:
"Episode 3: Strong Bad's As-Yet Untitled Rock 'N' Roll Phantasmagoria

Strong Bad must raise a whole lotta money to fix his beloved Fun Machine after an explosive mishap in the house of Strong. Urged on by the fluttery 8-Bit Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll, Strong Bad puts on a 'Battle of the Bands' to come up with the funds. With performances byt he cool tapes, the two-o duo, something called the 'Pomstar Vocal Experience' and Strong Bad's surprising new band."

Cool if true

Comments

• edited August 2008
    I hope it's true. And what if They Might be Gients plays too? :D Or... that band made up of H*R charicters, and Strong Sad singing Experamental Film exactly like the one on the site? O.O
  • edited August 2008
    Glad to see Cool Tapes might make an apperance. Pretty sad to see there not going to be any 'microgame' like Snake Boxer 5 (or at least one that would be played via the Fun Machine), but meh.
  • edited August 2008
    ^ He still has a Trogdor machine and his Lappy, though. Hopefully we'll see something gamelike from one of those.
  • edited August 2008
    I'm kind of disappointed that the club technochocolate didn't show up. It made more appearances than the gremlin. Plus Strong Mad didn't have a room, and The Cheat didn't have a computer. On a random ass note, a minigame should be the sweet cuppin cakes putt putt place. That place was frickin' awesome.
  • edited August 2008
    oh boy, sounds..intreging..i cant spell
  • edited August 2008
    Strong Bad's As-Yet Untitled Rock 'N' Roll Phantasmagoria
    Is that actually the real title, or is the 'as-yet untitled' really as-yet untitled and is going to be changed at a later date?! Probably a stupid question, but I'm just thinking about the limited WiiWare title space.
  • I think they released the name already... something like:
    Battle of The Bands or Deadly Metal... most likely the first... I'm not sure D=
  • edited August 2008
    I believe IGN called the Episode "Metal music". But as far as the band names go, the bands are Cool Tapes, The Two-O Duo (why does that name sound...familliar?) and Pom-Pom and Homestar.
  • edited August 2008
    And They Might Be Gients? Limozeen? Jaranchula? ʎɥsolS? Y.O.U(not that I've remember what they did for the site...)? Those bands would be awesome in SBCG4AP!
  • edited August 2008
    they might be giants and sloshy are based on two of my favorite bands: they might be giants, and pavement.
  • edited August 2008
    But wouldn't it be cool if the members were 3D'd into the game? Although Strong Sad singing Experamental Film just like the real song would still be scary... if he did. Man, I bet that's/'ll be on YouTube.
  • edited August 2008
    Ben Again wrote: »
    I hope it's true. And what if They Might be Gients plays too? :D Or... that band made up of H*R charicters, and Strong Sad singing Experamental Film exactly like the one on the site? O.O

tarantula?
  • edited August 2008
    tarantula?

DRIVING THRU THE TRUGDEMANK!!!!!!!!
    sorry couldn't resiste
  • edited August 2008
    Peacey P needs to be in it to. "Ya'll biscuitheads!"
  • edited August 2008
    I believe you're all forgetting about Coach Z! He could rap about stuff or something like that.
  • edited August 2008
    He's in the game. And SB has a song from him on his CD Spinner.
  • edited August 2008
    I know this won't happen but strong bad singing "The Metal" would be awesome.Or "The Devil Went Down To Georgia."
  • edited August 2008
    supmandude wrote: »
    Peacey P needs to be in it to. "Ya'll biscuitheads!"

I beleave you are the biscuethead.
  • edited August 2008
    I know this won't happen but strong bad singing "The Metal" would be awesome.Or "The Devil Went Down To Georgia."

You know what else wouldn't happen?
    at the final scene Limozeen plays Cause it's Midnite while Strong Bad trys to stop the other bands for the final time!

coming this October to SBCG4AP:
    Mental Metal Rock Down!
  • edited August 2008
    i think the final scene will end with pom pom and homestar (making up the band Wyld Pomstarz) time traveling to a time where they can learn to play their instruments, then they come back and launch into a sweet guitar intro which segues nicely into "god gave rock and roll to you" by KISS. then there's a montage of all the headlines proclaiming them the messiahs. there's a joke in there about their bassist, the poopsmith, trying a failed solo rap career. then the end credits roll.

(i hope someone gets this reference)
  • edited August 2008
    nathew wrote: »
    i think the final scene will end with pom pom and homestar (making up the band Wyld Pomstarz) time traveling to a time where they can learn to play their instruments, then they come back and launch into a sweet guitar intro which segues nicely into "god gave rock and roll to you" by KISS. then there's a montage of all the headlines proclaiming them the messiahs. there's a joke in there about their bassist, the poopsmith, trying a failed solo rap career. then the end credits roll.

(i hope someone gets this reference)

I get the reference but I hate KISS.
  • edited August 2008
    i'm not crazy about them either, but as cheesy as the song is and as agnostic as i am, i love it.

that, and "you're the best" by joe esposito (aka that song from karate kid)
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    Hee, actually that quote came from Mike Stemmle, but I might have forgotten to tell them that when I sent back the answers. And yeah, that is not the real title.

Lucien, did you get the magazine on newsstands or do you subscribe? Our Borders carries it but I'm not sure they'll have it yet since it's an import. Guess I'll go looking. :D

EDIT: What issue is this? Borders had #9 (with STALKER on the cover) but that doesn't seem to be the right one.
  • edited August 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    Hee, actually that quote came from Mike Stemmle, but I might have forgotten to tell them that when I sent back the answers. And yeah, that is not the real title.

Lucien, did you get the magazine on newsstands or do you subscribe? Our Borders carries it but I'm not sure they'll have it yet since it's an import. Guess I'll go looking. :D

EDIT: What issue is this? Borders had #9 (with STALKER on the cover) but that doesn't seem to be the right one.

I got it in the shops, but then it is a British Magazine (it's issue #10 with Call of Duty 5 on the cover)
  • edited August 2008
    In a strange and not awesome plot twist, Strong Bad has finally collected the money. But now, Limozeen and Sloshy have arrived, and SB forgot that if he can beat Limozeen and Sloshy, he can go on-tour with them and he'll have the privilages of hitting fan-girls and groupie's with baseball bats, hats, and cats. If Limozeen and Sloshy win, though, they will have a slave...so it's kinda like "Beezleboss" by Tenacious D. No, this does not make sence and I'm still not from India.
  • edited August 2008
    They should have the band from highschool havin fun with my friends words about a mystery shakin hands with my man. ridiculous striped pants
  • edited August 2008
    But that was the past! In Strong Bad's doodle memory! Although if he was right, then maybe they might have some of their skill...
  • edited August 2008
    AND NOW WERE JAAAAAMIN JAMIN TUNES j jamin tunes and now were jamin JUMBO/LARGE
Sign in to comment in this discussion.