soundfiles

edited February 2006 in Sam & Max
Ok, I know ya aint supposed to haul audio outta games as a rule, but (dammit) I payed for the game (TTT Hold'em) and i just lurve the voices and dopey comments they come out with. Some of which would make most exceleeennnnt windows incidental sounds. 'Specially the dude-bro.
Problem is.... tho they're streamed, they seem to have no file format I ever came across before. WHAT are they?
Hope I aint askin too much.

Dug, AKA Wolfie

Comments

• edited January 2006
    I read somewhere that Telltale used a form of audio compression that was also being used by the military or something like that.
  • edited January 2006
    ?
  • edited January 2006
    I read it somewhere, so it has to be true. The internet wouldn't lie to me, would it? I think it was in some interview with Telltale people.
  • edited January 2006
    Well if it's on the internet it MUST be true. :D
  • edited January 2006
    I saw mention of a sound extractor on mixnmojo, so if you rummage through the archives there, you'd most probably find it.
  • edited February 2006
    You could just use a soundcard recording program like Sonetics X-Ripper or something to run in the background while you play the game (w/the music off?), and it'll rip to a file. Then, you could use a waveform editor like Goldwave to extract the specific sound you're looking for. (That's also how you can rip DRM'd music sometimes.)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.