Theology thread.

edited August 2008 in General Chat
This is where we discuss all aspects of theology, religion, cryptozoology & the like. First topic "Spirit animals".

Comments

• edited August 2008
    Eep, a thread on religion could get ugly. But, I'll go ahead and trust that the community here can accept differing views in a mature and open-minded manner.

So yeah, spirit animals. I most certainly believe in them. Do I believe that they are actually animals in spirit form? No. I believe that the gods may manifest themselves AS animals, in order to guide and watch over us in a form befitting to our own personalities. Similar concept to "guardian angels" in Christianity.

In the thread that started the "spirit animal" discussion, I mentioned that I am fairly positive that mine is a dog. I think this, because like a dog, I am always seeking camaraderie, and I am constantly quick to forgive. (perhaps foolishly quick, to be honest)
  • edited August 2008
    When this came up before, I mentioned the platypus. This is because I love how utterly ridiculous platypuses are.
    In all seriousness, I'm gonna have to say no. The way I see it, we don't know if there's any kind of higher power, we are unable to know, so for the time being it's best to let it go and focus on more immediately relevant things. Like football and gas prices.
  • ShauntronShauntron Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    My spirit animal is a shrew with giant batwings.
  • edited August 2008
    Personally I don't think there is any limit to the spirit animals a corporeal essence contains. Some may not be even animals at all, perhaps ethereal beings from another planet or dimension who need a body in order to survive & we will never know for sure if they are there or not.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.