Finished :-)

edited December 2005 in Bone
... and the game is wonderful!
Not very hard to play through (I made it in 2 hours), but definitely worth the 20 bucks. graphics and especially the music are superb! Characters and story nice as well (I'd like to have a few more jokes next time though...)

There is a small bug (not Ted!) - if the mouse reaches the top or one side of the screen, the character doesn't react anymore or the window even minimizes. This is especially annoying during the escape mini-game.

GREAT START TTG - when does bone 2 come out? :-)

Comments

• edited September 2005
    see i'm not gonna play it that quick.. im gonna play a little each day so it lasts longer :D
  • edited September 2005
    GREAT START TTG - when does bone 2 come out? :-)

I think they said they're aiming for Spring. The hope is, once they get into the groove of a license, to put out a new episode every 5 months or so. Not sure if working on Sam & Max (not to mention the TV license they supposedly have along with any others) will affect that, though.
  • edited September 2005
    Yeah, I've finished it, too. I think it was a little over two hours for me, maybe closer to three. I really did all the looking and conversation arcs, I could though. The game was incredible. I'll probably play it again next week, I wish it was longer, but that's the way a good serial should be. I hope Telltale feels like this is a major success. While I'm excited about S&M, I think I'm just as excited about Bone 2 (especially since I haven't read the comics, although I had intended to for years).

Tragic
  • edited September 2005
    Finished it just now. played it for about 1.5 hours last night and 5 minutes just now. My favourite things would probably have to be being Phoney and anything to do with Ted. because they both rock. Sam and Max Comics you say? Sigh. If only i could find some...
  • edited September 2005
    I really enjoyed it but at the end I felt like I hadn't got all my moneys worth...

Hopefully the next one will be a bit more challenging with more item puzzles to make the game last longer.
  • edited September 2005
    hmmm so will it cost me 20 bucks per episode? 1-2 hours of play for 20 bucks sure seems expensive. will future "episodes" of bone be longer? no wonder the was so short. on the plus side the game does look good. (hopefully there arn't too many mouse mini games)
  • edited September 2005
    It took me a bit over 5 hours which 5 hours for $20 I think is a good play for pay ratio. I spent my time exploring all the conversation options and exploring all objects. Also I didn't blow through some of the puzzles like others did I guess.

I remember similar complaints with Full Throttle. Many said they finished Full throttle in 5 to 8 hours and it took me around 12 to 15.
  • edited September 2005
    Just finished it after 2-3 hours, and to echo what everyone else said, I enjoyed what there was of it, but for $20 it did seem to be over a bit too quickly. Don't mind too much giving you guys a bit of cash though as it's good to show my support :)

Looking forward to the next installment, just don't rush it guys!
  • edited September 2005
    hi,
    i was very disappointed, this was all for 20$???????
    was this a joke? 1-2hours playtime for this money?
    i hope tellgate makes the follow episodes to be longer and not so expensiv, otherwise i can`t buy this one.

s. [>:)]
  • edited September 2005
    I will quote the possums...
    It's too short!
    ]http://home.austin.rr.com/mhobizal/public/bone/bone.gif
  • edited September 2005
    hmmm so will it cost me 20 bucks per episode? 1-2 hours of play for 20 bucks sure seems expensive. will future "episodes" of bone be longer? no wonder the was so short. on the plus side the game does look good. (hopefully there arn't too many mouse mini games)

It has been said elsewhere that future epsiodes will cost less - I mean they should as this is the first one, you need this to understand the story (unless you buy the book) - so each new episode should either be more reduced, or a standard $10-13 USD perhaps...? That's around $15-20 AUD, the cost of an average budget game...

That is easy for everyone to pay, and on one can complain they aren't getting their monies worth!!
  • edited September 2005
    It is crucial that the price is significantly reduced.. I can't believe posters here saying that 20 dollars for 2 hours seems fine to them. So these gamers dont mind shelling out 80 dollars for an 8 hour game?

I suppose all of you are Phoncible P Bones too then.. mad eof money huh? But if I told someone I paid 80 dollars for less than 10 hours gaming, I wonder what they would say to me. Likely it would be quite embarassing.

Simply.. the majority of gamers will not follow this pricing plan at all and I am almost embarrased to even tell anyone I paid 20 dollars for a little over 2 hours gaming myself. For example I have friends who LOVE Lucasrts adventures but there is no way they will shell out the 20 dollars for this when its this length.. they would buy it if everything (all 4 episodes) together was a reasonable price for the length and happy to pay a little more to support Telltale.

A little more. not 80 dollars for less than ten hours! Guys...
  • edited September 2005
    The main thing I don't like about this game is the difficulty level. It's just so very easy, I'm sure a five year old could finish it without trouble. You don't even have to understand what they say to be able to finish this game.. it would take a bit longer, but I'm sure I could finish this game without understanding any of the conversation at all.

I just finished Myst IV, and that game is hard and very rewarding when you get it right. I'm not saying that this game should be as hard as that, but at least as hard as the Lucasarts adventure game Sam'n Max (which was also too easy) would be nice. It would still be easy for newcomers, but at the same time more fun for seasoned adventure game players.
    Or perhaps they could make difficulty levels like in Nonkey Island 2? That game is very easy on easy and actually a bit challenging on hard.
  • edited November 2005
    I also enjoyed the game, but the $20 they charged for what is basically a demo, was a rip. Spreading the episodes out might sound like a dandy idea, but it all depends on how much episodes there will be and how much they will charge for them. They'de probably need 4 or more episodes to make it a full game and if they are, let's say, $10 each, that would make the 4 episodes $50, which is the price for a top game, I would pay that. If there were more episodes than the game would be way more $$. I personally think the episode thing is a way for them to make lots more money for a game without the customer catching on to the fact, but maybe that's just me. All I know is for them to take almost a year to make another episode seems pretty lame. The game was fun, but unless another episode was like $5, I will not be wasting my money on another episode. I still can't believe I dropped down $20 for a 1 1/2 hour game, what a waste.
  • edited November 2005
    ... and the game is wonderful!
    The game was incredible.
    I really enjoyed it
    I think is a good play for pay ratio.
    ... some people have really low standards! Or have you never played an adventure game before perhaps? How can anyone call this "incredible", "wonderful", etc??
    It's highly mediocre no matter how you look at it. Nothing to look at, nothing to explore, some really nasty models (women), very short, VERY VERY easy puzzles... why is this wonderful and incredible?
  • edited December 2005
    I would be as harsh as laffer. It's a fun game IMHO. Not brillant, not DreamFall (well hopefully DreamFall is a lot better) for sure but still fun. Although it's hard to evaluate since it's only one episode. A bit easy perhaps but I suppose that isn't uncommon at the beginning of a game and this is the first episode. No comment on the models.

I do agree it's way too short for the price especially. But as others have said, we're pretty sure TellTale have gotten the hint on that.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.