Do you play video games online?

edited August 2008 in General Chat
I was curious what with all 3 current-gen consoles, PCs, and both handhelds supporting online play in their games, how many people on this forum play video games online for multiplayer.If you do, please say what the game you play the most online is and what system it's for.I just finished a nice session of Mario Kart Wii's amazing online multiplayer.What game do you play?

Comments

• edited August 2008
    I don't play online much but I have been playing online brawl a lot lately.
  • edited August 2008
    I'm not a big fan of online games, or multiplayer in general.

That said, I don't mind multiplayer on games like Smash Bros, but a lot of the fun in that is the banter and reactions to the people sat right next to you, which you just don't get from online play.
  • edited August 2008
    Indeed I do. My main one to play online is Soldier of Fortune 2.
  • edited August 2008
    I never got real big into multiplayer, either. I don't have a whole lot of friends who would to begin with, though, so that's probably why.
  • edited August 2008
    yes i do, halo, gears, unreal, etc.its one of thee main reasons i got a 360
  • edited August 2008
    We have a TF2 server in the office :)
  • edited August 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    We have a TF2 server in the office :)

Nice.
  • edited August 2008
    I would hope I would. I pay 50 bucks for Xbox Live.
  • edited August 2008
    You could always play on the PS3 for free. (no I don't have one and neither does anyone else I know but..... it's still free online)
  • edited August 2008
    I wish microsoft didn't have a live fee.I mean look at the facts.To play online on the Xbox, you would have to buy all this stuff
    Live Gold Subscribtion:$50 per year
    Wireless network adapter:$100,
    Then you have to get a headset(I know the Go Pro addition comes with a wired one, but if you prefer wireless or your console package didn't have one, you pretty much need one to play online.)for I'm not sure how much, but more than you should be paying.

Then on the wii all you have to do is have a wi-fi modem and you're set.You can do everyting for frii.I mean, free.Sorry.Had a breakout of umm....fanboy-ness......there....*trails off*
    The wii online has no headset, and you can't even talk to people without having their friend code. I really don't like it at all. Also I love all the extra things that Xbox has.
  • edited August 2008
    The mic for the wii was announced already thought it will be one that sits atop your tv
  • edited August 2008
    Yeah but its still is miles behind Playstation Online and Xbox Live.
  • edited August 2008
    It doesn't really matter to me how the features stack up.All I care about is game downloading and online gaming.And the Wii has them both.I also like how the Wii comes with wireless network compatability right inside the console.So for me, it's those three features and ease of use, along with Wiispeak coming along shortly, that makes me like the Wii's online.

P.S. PSN's being free to use is overlapped by the fact that the console is $600.

It's not 600 anymore and it is actually a real bargain. I love my PS3.
  • edited August 2008
    I just wish they would put the ability to play ps2 games back in the ps3. I refuse to buy one without it
  • edited August 2008
    I like the service on Xbox where you can buy the old xbox games that you missed. (like Jade Empire) Also the only thing I ever use my Wii for is for the old games until nintendo makes another first party game.
  • edited August 2008
    Ya, I do play games online.
  • edited August 2008
    Bobeo wrote: »
    I like the service on Xbox where you can buy the old xbox games that you missed. (like Jade Empire) Also the only thing I ever use my Wii for is for the old games until nintendo makes another first party game.

Okay, no console wars.Someone ought to make a console wars thread so people stop polluting others.Actually, I made the What Console and What Console:handhelds addition threads.I think console warriors should go to those threads.

EDIT:I realize I myself made some console wars posts on this thread.I have now deleted them.
  • edited August 2008
    Okay, no console wars.Someone ought to make a console wars thread so people stop polluting others.Actually, I made the What Console and What Console:handhelds addition threads.I think console warriors should go to those threads.

EDIT:I realize I myself made some console wars posts on this thread.I have now deleted them.

Didn't mean to start a console war. Just stating how I use my wii online, to buy games from the virtual console.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.