New HSR main page

David EDavid E Telltale Alumni
I'm a huge fan of the puppet stuff on HomestarRunner.com, so I'm really digging the new, bizarre, somewhat terrifying puppet menu that launched today.

What do you j...guys think?

Comments

• edited August 2008
    main25

A new main page is up, and it is based around my favourite HSR spin-off, the puppets!

220px-Puppet_Jam_6.JPG

Am I the only one who doesn't like the new logo/buttons (I know they were on 24, but that was blurred most of the time)? I think the line going across them stands out too much. I know the effect that is trying to be pulled off, but I don't think it works very well here. Probably just me being petty again. :D
  • David EDavid E Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    Ah, beat ya. Sorry about that! Threads merged.
  • edited August 2008
    hooray!
    new Main Page!
  • edited August 2008
    Sweet!Douregard!
  • edited August 2008
    I don't have much of an opinion on the new main page (would've liked it better with photo backgrounds, I think) but a bit of clicking around on the Wiki led me to what is probably my favorite Homestar Wiki page ever:

Homestar Runner and Homestar Runner's relationship
  • edited August 2008
    Creepizoid=Puppet Marshie
  • edited August 2008
    Bobeo wrote: »
    Creepizoid=Puppet Marshie
    Freakazoid=Homsar
  • edited August 2008
    When i was on teh website and it said new page I thought it was going to be a sbcg4ap page.
  • edited August 2008
    its pretty cool...
  • Gman5852 wrote: »
    When i was on teh website and it said new page I thought it was going to be a sbcg4ap page.
    Now THAT, is a nice idea. An All 3-D page for SBCG4AP! =D
  • edited August 2008
    They wouldn't do that. They aren't into heavy promotion at the site. Their Pay PLUS! April Fool's joke shows their aversion to pure profit-seeking through satire. The advetisment for the game on the site has been very minimal, and only in a somewhat limited "We've got something cool to announce related to our characters" kind of way.

It's for that reason that they are extremely unlikely to tie SBCG4AP into anything on the site.
  • edited August 2008
    It's for that reason that they are extremely unlikely to tie SBCG4AP into anything on the site.

They might still make use of the cool 3D models. I really like Coach Z's "Watch where you're pointing that 3D!" line, and I doubt they'd shy away from more chances to use jokes like that.
  • edited August 2008
    They could use the models if Strong Bad got an email telling him to change how he looks and turns only himself 3D. Not the environment or anyone else, just him.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    They kind of did that in the SBCG4AP announcement cartoon they did, where Strong Bad talks about going into 3D.
  • edited August 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    They kind of did that in the SBCG4AP announcement cartoon they did, where Strong Bad talks about going into 3D.
    ...*Tries to think of a witty comeback*

Umm... Your face talked about going into 3D! Sorry, that's all I can come up with...
  • edited August 2008
    It was sort of a video in flash. A video made from the game's parts, and stuck in flash.
    Anyway, the main page is nice.
  • edited August 2008

They might just do some kinda little reference like how they do alot.

Just for Example: They could show total load
  • edited August 2008
    I'm not sure I really "get" the Store bit on this page with the second Homestar.
  • edited August 2008
    Awesome. This is my new favorite main page. :D
  • edited August 2008
    I'm not sure I really "get" the Store bit on this page with the second Homestar.

http://hrwiki.org/index.php/Duplicate_Characters

In other words, nobody gets it, but it's fricken awesome anyway.
  • edited August 2008
    GaryCXJk wrote: »
    http://hrwiki.org/index.php/Duplicate_Characters

In other words, nobody gets it, but it's fricken awesome anyway.

I tend to not try the wiki for joke explanations. They tend to be...overly analytical. I often find myself thinking "Uh...I think it's less complex than that." when reading through the wiki. I more use it for fact-checking and such.
  • edited August 2008
    The second Homestar is just a worse (probably older) Homestar puppet, pretending to be just as good as the current puppet. Kind of sad, really. It's a puppet tragedy.

Also, it's pretty clearly voiced by Mike, the go-to guy for voices that don't sound right.
  • edited August 2008
    The new main page is so random...And that's the best thing about it! Email pie?!?!
  • edited August 2008
    Every main page with several scenes is a good main page.
    This is a good main page with no doubt.
    Good that Doreauxgard made another appearance.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.