Analysis of screenshots for SBCG4AP, Episode 2:

Analysis of screenshots for SBCG4AP, Episode 2:

A set of screenshots were put up on August 25th at http://www.telltalegames.com/strongbad/strongbadiathefree and I decided to do some analysis on the images.

Screen shota-numba-ones:
oT (Strongbad has decided to only call him 'of Town' from now on, so I will also) and the Riot Poopsmith are in strongbad's computer room. There isn't anything new in this other than Poopsmith in riot gear.

Screen shot-the-duce:
Pom-Pom at *gasp* his house? and looking all angry? Could this be a flashback? We have never seen the Pom's abode to my knowledge (other than the early meet the Poms short found in the Museum on the website) Very Oriental looking. Someone else can tell me what kind of sword that is, maybe a katana?

Screen shot-the-third:
Homsar! Ah, I don't know what's worse that Homsar, except for more of 'em. And he is standing (dancing? Homsar-ing? what DOES he do?) next to some new rock formations in the field. And in keeping with the 'sar himself, a part of the formation is floating. Could it be built from the severed arms of Homestar, or Marzipan? Who knows? Maybe that's why they don't have arms? Maybe we will "interact" with Homsar himself. That would be ... interesting. I can't wait to be called a muffin explorer, or a Christmas Pudding. Can you even insult Homsar? I'm already getting the jibblies.

Screen shot-double-deuce:
It's a shot from the preview, or possibly the 'as last seen in episode 1', or a shot of the new intro song... Nothing new here, other than Strongbad appearing to have an itch where the sun don't shine...

Screen shot-fiver:
The cheat, looking like a fine man that he is IN PAWTY CLUB TECHNOCHOCOLATE!!11!! Can we possibly interact with the Cheat more than kicking him into the dryer? And where is this PAWTY CLUB? In Strong Bad's computer room? Who knows!

Screen shot-sixa:
Ol' no-arms himself looking rather well rendered with the dark and sinister King's Castle. It's all dark and stormy there. Maybe that's why it was dark there at the castle in episode one...

Screen shot-seven:
In Strongsad's room? Why would Strongbad ever enter that lair of depression? I see a box for a box-peering guy, and what looks like articles of confederation, or maybe the bill of rights... Could Strongsad be giving SB's *GASP* advice? Who knows. And I see in the background the bathroom. And isn't that the same style of bathroom that Homestar was showering in in one of the main pageS? How could that be? My brain can't comprehend it! Onto the next screenshot.

Scrren shot-numboo-eight:
The Cheat outside at Marzipan's backyard! And the Kot (sorry the oT castle) in the background, still looking menacing. Looks like it's a premenant fixture for the episode? And It looks like ol' Homestar is ... dead? Could it be? Did he go to war and on which side? and was he taken down by the bear-shark behind the fence? Oh, and Pom-Pom and Coach Zee is there also. *edit* It looks like it's actually a shot of Homestar over Frank Bennedetto. A casualty from the war to librate Strongbadia?

Hey, new reader! The link on the fifth post that reads 'recruit him to help you defeat the oT.' is chalk full of spoilers, read at your own risk...

Comments

• nice analysis.... BTW, the Coach Z is spelled like that. Not... coach ZEE. Ew. No. Coach Z.
  • edited August 2008
    Hey, thanks for making me aware of this. I didn't even realise these screenshots had gone up! I like your analysis too!
  • edited August 2008
    Homsar? Woo-cha! I'm relieved to see that he's not just an answering machine in this one. :D
  • edited August 2008
    Pardon my lack of spoiler tags, them and the URL tags don't seem to be getting along with one another.

Apparently you have to recruit him to help you defeat the oT.
  • edited August 2008
    Pom Pom is supposed to resemble China or Japan?I get to unite with homsar?The Municapality's army is in?AWESOME.
  • edited August 2008
    Wait, is that a bennedeto picture??!?!
  • edited August 2008
    dhuyler wrote: »
    Scrren shot-numboo-eight:
    The Cheat outside at Marzipan's backyard! And the Kot (sorry the oT castle) in the background, still looking menacing. Looks like it's a premenant fixture for the episode? And It looks like ol' Homestar is ... dead? Could it be? Did he go to war and on which side? and was he taken down by the bear-shark behind the fence? Oh, and Pom-Pom and Coach Zee is there also.

I think that picture isn't what you think it is :)

http://www.hrwiki.org/index.php/Frank_Bennedetto
  • edited August 2008
    MaxFan wrote: »
    Pardon my lack of spoiler tags, them and the URL tags don't seem to be getting along with one another.

Apparently you have to recruit him to help you defeat the oT.
    Yeah, that preview is pretty spoiler-heavy. It gives away pretty much every surprise of the episode. Read at your own risk!
  • edited August 2008
    ^ He says after I read it. :p
  • edited August 2008
    ^He says nice and well before I read it. Thanks, Solomon Grundy!

I am definitely loving Pom Pom's oriental house. I'm also loving how much original material I'm seeing in these shots...it's alleviating my fears(from the first episode) that the whole series would be inundated with in-jokes and popular jokes from the website without much original material. The Strong house, the most detail-rich area in the game, seemed to exist only to display items seen in previous sbemails as in-jokes, and that just doesn't stand well on its own. Not for me, anyway.
  • edited August 2008
    Chuck wrote: »
    Yeah, that preview is pretty spoiler-heavy. It gives away pretty much every surprise of the episode. Read at your own risk!

Phew, thanks. Good jorb I didn't go reading that yesterday then.
  • edited August 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    I think that picture isn't what you think it is :)

http://www.hrwiki.org/index.php/Frank_Bennedetto

You are right! It is ol' Frank! Cut down in the prime of his life. I'm sure ol' strammy would be there, if he wasn't showing someone what the Homstarmy is all about.
  • edited August 2008
    Poor bennedetto!:(
  • edited August 2008
    Either Homsar seems higher poly than the rest or he's just a flatso.

That, or it's how the screencap was made.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    GaryCXJk wrote: »
    Either Homsar seems higher poly than the rest or he's just a flatso.

That, or it's how the screencap was made.

I took that screenshot on the same computer I use to take all the screenshots, so that's what he looks like in-game (on my PC, anyway).
  • edited August 2008
    Well, Homsar anyway looks a bit more crispy bordery curvy Flash animationy than the rest.

And I assume the models use that famed inverty modely bordery thingy trick to give them that bordery like-y appearance.
  • edited August 2008
    dhuyler wrote: »
    And I see in the background the bathroom. And isn't that the same style of bathroom that Homestar was showering in in one of the main pageS? How could that be? My brain can't comprehend it!

Why is this a surprise to you? Homestar is always breakin' into Strong Bad's house! :p
  • edited August 2008
    nice analysis.... BTW, the Coach Z is spelled like that. Not... coach ZEE. Ew. No. Coach Z.

Maybe where he comes from, "Coach Z" is pronounced "Coach Zed." Just a thought.
  • edited August 2008
    Yeah, I thought I saw him here a while ago... :p
Sign in to comment in this discussion.