Rate my Max sculpture *56k warning*

edited August 2008 in General Chat
Made this in art class. He's not perfect but he does stand up. Proportions aren't perfect either because of the blocks of foam we used to make them were kind of small. Also, I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post (or if this is even allowed). Edit: Should this be posted in the Sam & Max series discussion area?

I know...his ears aren't long enough, his head could we wider, and his feet could be longer. He's a little battle damaged as well :p but it could be worse. Let me know what you think.

max2uh7.jpg

maxwp4.jpg

Comments

• edited August 2008
    I like it! Have you thought about making the inside of his mouth black? What did your teacher think?
  • edited August 2008
    My teacher wasn't familiar with the character but I got an A on this project. There were quite a few different game characters being made but I don't think anyone knew of the Sam & Max series. Some of the other characters made were Mario (two versions), Bowser, Luigi, Yoshi, and a Big Daddy from BioShock which was really well done.

I haven't thought of painting the inside of the mouth black but it could easily be done. Thanks for the suggestion.

All of the projects turned out great. When we first started the project I wanted to craft the TARDIS from Doctor Who but it had to be a character so I thought Max would be perfect for this project. He's nowhere near perfect but he still turned out well.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    Haha that's great!
  • edited August 2008
    All of the projects turned out great. When we first started the project I wanted to craft the TARDIS from Doctor Who but it had to be a character

Just because it's a magical time-traveling phone booth doesn't mean it's not a character.
  • edited August 2008
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    Just because it's a magical time-traveling phone booth doesn't mean it's not a character.

:D If only my teacher saw it that way. I was happy to do Max because of the shapes that make him up. Surprisingly it took a long time to make him and I finished the very last day of school. I'm a little late posting this because school ended about 2 months ago.
  • ShauntronShauntron Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2008
    Good going!

Those 56k holdouts have been warned enough.
  • edited August 2008
    Very well done for the small materials you had to work with! I doubt I could do any better, seeing as I lack skill in the figurative area of art. Abstract is easier for me, because I can just throw whatever I like on the canvas, and people can't tell me it sucks without looking like complete jerks!
  • edited August 2008
    Wow.Awesome.
  • edited August 2008
    Thanks for the responses everybody!

@InvaderJim42: I wouldn't consider myself to be a very artistic person but I do enjoy making things and would take another art class if I got the chance. What do you like to work with? Pencil and paper? Digital? Brush and canvas (implied?)? The best I could do is a small doodle but I am pretty decent at copying stuff (not tracing) by eye.

Off to bed...
  • edited August 2008
    I know...his ears aren't long enough, his head could we wider, and his feet could be longer.

Short ears, roundish head, little feet... just like Young Max! How cute! ^^

I wouldn't be too hard on yourself especially if this is your first time making something like this. Sculpting is difficult. You did well in my book. :thumbs up:
  • edited August 2008
    Nice Hello Kitty statue!!!
  • edited August 2008
    Very good body work, though if I may say the teeth leave much to be desired.
  • edited August 2008
    Very good body work, though if I may say the teeth leave much to be desired.

Given a little more time I would have put a little more detail into it but I ended up painting it the last week of school to get it done.

If I decide to make something else in my free time it would definitely be Sam so I could show both of them off together but I haven't really given it much thought. Once again thanks for the replies and it's quite special having a few people from the Telltale team say hello. Made my day! :D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.