Point-and-click mouse support?

edited July 2005 in Bone
Will Bone have a point-and-click interface with mouse support? Kind of like the old style adventure games? I hated Monkey Island 4, because of that gamepad/keyboard interface. Mouse is the way to go.

Comments

• edited July 2005
    Yep, it's a 'traditional' point-and-click interface;
    "What does that mean, the eyes?" asks Jeff Smith, creator of epic fantasy comic Bone. The eyes to which he is referring are part of a context sensitive cursor being used in a point and click adventure game.

"That means you can look at the thing it's pointing to," responds Dan Connors of Telltale Games, the studio responsible for adapting Bone to game form. The cursor is currently positioned over the sky.

"Do gamers know this? Is this what games do? I mean, are people going to understand?"

"Yes, well..."

"Oh, so there's feet for walk, and a hand for touching, okay. Wow, is the game actually doing this?" -

-source-
  • edited July 2005
    Hahaha.... Jeff Smith is such a n00b. It's so cute.

I didn't just say that, did I? :-/ :-B :p
  • edited July 2005
    The game has pre-rendered or 3D real-time backgrounds? In any case, how would point-click work in a 3D background?
  • edited July 2005
    As has been mentioned many many times before, the game will be full real-time 3D.

As for how point-and-click will be implemented, we'll all find out in a couple months.
  • edited July 2005
    Couple of months? You mean this September, yes? At least I can remember reading it somewhere...

Anyway, you can watch a small demonstration here:
    http://www.newsarama.com/Games/bone_wonderconPromo.wmv
  • edited July 2005
    It is point and click. It is 3d. If you can point and click 3d in an RTS, why not in an adventure?

Also, if you remember Sam and Max: Freelance Police, therewas the whole thing about people not thinking that it was realtime 3d with point and click, but we were assured it was. I don't see why Telltale wouldn't continue with that style of play.
  • edited July 2005
    Couple of months? You mean this September, yes? At least I can remember reading it somewhere...

Anyway, you can watch a small demonstration here:
    http://www.newsarama.com/Games/bone_wonderconPromo.wmv

Yep, September! 30 days in August, and the possibility that it could be released at the end of September. That's about sixty days, or two months. If they release it earlier in September, then I'll get to be pleasantly surprised. :D

It is point and click. It is 3d. If you can point and click 3d in an RTS, why not in an adventure?

Good point. It works well enough in Warcraft 3 (although I wish I could rotate 360 degrees...). I hadn't thought about that.
  • edited July 2005
    Well, it's not like it's on the Telltale site and anything like official, but this webpage mentions September 15 in the sidebar as the release date.

That's 6 weeks away. :D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.