Part of the soundtrack is OUT!!

edited March 2006 in Bone
There's already three tracks downloadable from the game site. I must say; It's much more beautiful than the previous soundtrack! One can say someone had fun making this score :)

What do you think? :)

I'm even more looking forward to be playing the game now. Nice "hype", Telltale ;) By the way, you won't be releasing the soundtrack to CSI? Keep 'em coming!

I love the piano and violins on The Barrelhaven Tavern and the playful guitar and the flute on the Spring Fair track.

Great work! Can't wait for more :D

Damn.. Now you have me back playing Out of Boneville again :p

By the way... (again), is it possible to release covers to the soundtracks? (Maybe a resized version of these?

http://www.telltalegames.com/images/products/bn0102/box.jpg
http://www.telltalegames.com/images/products/bone_act2/box_thumb.jpg)

Comments

• edited March 2006
    I agree 100% with jannar85.
    The music in Out From Boneville was great, so I didn't think the new score could actually be BETTER. But it is. :D
    I hope that the final game will be worth of this hype. ;)
    Dom
    (Italy)
    http://lucasdelirium.cjb.net
  • edited March 2006
    Haven't heard the new tracks yet, but what i wanted to respond to was the "cover to the soundtracks" question. You do know that if you order the out from boneville on cd, it contains the soundtrack as a bonus? so that's probably the best option.

Speaking about ordering, I recently ordered the sam&max shirt, the prints, and the cd. Ofcourse it has been "on order" for a couple of weeks, but that's gonna rock. I'll be sure to post sickening pictures of me in my shirt with telltale cd's in my mouth, bone books in my hands and wearing the sam&max prints as a hat, so you all will be extremely jealous and start crying. until i feel sorry for you, and edit my post and remove the picture ofcourse.
  • edited March 2006
    I would want an image, though :O Since I have this album program, and have added the Bone Soundtrack to the program :D

I think the Boneville CD just contains a directory with the soundtrack. Nothing more.

But you take the picture ;)
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2006
    They've quietly released a bunch of gameplay videos, too. :)

http://www.adventuregamers.com/newsitem.php?id=1170
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2006
    The Great Cow Race is one again scored by Jared Emerson-Johnson, the guy who did the music to the first game. I think he was able to cut loose a little on this game and mix it up a bit more than Out From Boneville since it's got so many more characters and varied locations to interact with. Hopefully when the smoke has cleared and the game is out he'll provide some composers notes for us to put on the site.
  • edited March 2006
    Yeah, so far this music is better than the first soundtrack even, which I already loved quite a bit. Smiley's theme actually puts a smile on my face. :D I can't wait for the rest to be released! Personally, I think this is a good way to promote the game in the coming weeks. But then, I really love game soundtracks, so I'm easy to please there.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2006
    Two more tracks are up! Check it out!
  • edited March 2006
    Yeah, so far this music is better than the first soundtrack even, which I already loved quite a bit. Smiley's theme actually puts a smile on my face. :D I can't wait for the rest to be released! Personally, I think this is a good way to promote the game in the coming weeks. But then, I really love game soundtracks, so I'm easy to please there.

Notice the snippets of "The old grey mare" in smiley's theme? That made me smile :)
  • edited March 2006
    I don't know if I actually noticed that or made the connection when I first listened to it, but now it only makes the tune more clever. It's filled with a bunch of other snippets of other tunes as well. I'm sure I heard the first few notes of the Dixie theme (like the General Lee's horn sound from the Dukes of Hazzard), and think there's one based on a patriotic song (Stars and Stripes Forever?), and of course, "shave and a haircut." I like how it doesn't do the whole snippet, but actually cuts off the last note and starts doing something else. Sort of like Smiley's character, perhaps?

I've really missed this in adventure games. Recent games, especially the serious ones don't give musical themes to characters. Or even have light-hearted, cheerful, or even comical music whatsoever. I just looooooooove Telltale!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.