Inquires about fan-related work,copyright laws and etc.

edited March 2014 in Site Support

Hello! How do you guys do?
First please forgive me for posting this into site support for in reality it is not related to any technical difficulties.I just need some clarification just for the sake of it.

I wish to inquire about what is to be accepted and not accepted in terms of fan-related work, as the medium of expression(you can also say "fangirling" expression) can be very broad.
In the past, people used to create music videos, animations and etc. It was very easy to openly practice this. It was a belief that one was showing love and was promoting a franchise without gaining any profit from it. But now people are getting penalized with copyrighted materials due to recent changes in youtube, law, policies and what not.

I am mainly talking about telltale's walking dead but it could also go for other games from telltale.

So what is considered okay when doing a fan-related work? (Just talking non-commercial for now) Are you guys okay with:

• Lets play video? (I know you guys are okay with this)

• Fanfictions?

• Fanarts?

• Fan Comics?

• MusicVideos aka VGMVs? (Records from the video game to be video edited and matched with music)

• 2d animations?

• MyLittlePony version? (not that I am particularly interested in this one but I am trying to ask for all)

• 2d Flash games that are like parody/spinoff?

• MikuMikuDance/3d animations/3d parody games that contains character models created in another style? (i.e anime version or really cartoony)

• MikuMikuDance/3d animations/3d parody games that contains character models bearing a STRIKING PERFECTO STATE OF THE ART BRILLIANT RESEMBLANCE with the ones that are in game?hint hint(or would one be liable for reverse engineering and derivative works based on the software?)

Thank you very much, and keep rocking.

ravensep

This discussion has been closed.