Game of Thrones - more info please

I am a fan of the TV series. I haven't read the books, I am fairly new fan to tell tale themselves, I am curious about the coming Game of Thrones game/series. there doesn't seem to be much info out there yet about this game. Dose anyone know if any famous characters will appear? example: Jon Snow, Joffrey, Daenerys, Arya Stark etc. I'm gussing the actors form the series won't dub their voices to this game, and if any of the characters appear it will be dub by a voice actor (I'm not that pickish, I like tell tale's voices, this doesn't bother me) -- if anyone know please tell me. Or is this series is based on the general people in that world example knights, thief, monks etc and the main cast doesn't appear? Will the graphics be 3d or tell tales famous style? if anyone know a website with more information, please give a link thank you. I didn't know where to post this forulm, tell tale doesn't have a game of thrones selection yet, so I post this in the "Telltale selection".

Comments

• Don't worry, it's fine to post about Game of Thrones here since we don't have a Game of Thrones section yet.

To answer your question, Telltale mentioned during an interview during the VGX show (right after the showed the teaser trailer) that they are fairly early into working on the game, and are still deciding how to approach the game. Unfortunately, this means there aren't really many answers to your questions yet. It's expected that perhaps Telltale will give more info on the game after Wolf Among Us and Walking Dead: Season 2 end.

I'm only a community mod and not from Telltale so this is just my guess and not official info though.

• edited March 2014

Oh.....that's fine I don't except Tell Tale answering my questions. if it early during the creating of the game why did they put 2014 on the trailer, walking dead, the wolf among us, plus market and interviews for the 2 series could easy take half a year. sounds like this game is coming out early 2015. Telltale seeming to rush games more, boarderlands, walking dead, the wolf among us and game of thrones during one year oh come on....its not going to be possible for all of them coming out this year.

Don't worry, it's fine to post about Game of Thrones here since we don't have a Game of Thrones section yet. To answer your question, Tel

• JenniferJennifer Moderator

It's possible (but not certain) that Game of Thrones won't look much like Telltale's current games. Telltale is going to release a heavily overhauled version of their Telltale Tool engine toolset this summer which will allow for better graphics in their games, according to an "Ask me Anything" session with Telltale founders Dan Connors and Kevin Bruner on Reddit:

Kevin Bruner wrote:
    We're always working on the engine, but we've never been a graphics focused company. We are currently working on a giant overhaul of much of tech which should make for prettier games in the future, but we won't start shipping that till [this] summer.

As for the 2014 release date, if it does release in 2014, it will probably just be the first episode with the final four episodes releasing in 2015, much like Telltale's late 2013 release of The Walking Dead: Season Two episode one (or The Wolf Among Us episode one).

• thanks for the info. Game of Thrones is going released as episodes, instead of a whole a game. ok thanks I didn't know that.

Jennifer posted: »

It's possible (but not certain) that Game of Thrones won't look much like Telltale's current games. Telltale is going to release a heavily

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited March 2014

Yeah, it's been confirmed that it's going to be episodic (that, the fact that it will be similar in gameplay to Telltale's previous games, and that it will be based mainly on the television show rather than the books, are among the few things that have been revealed about the game so far).

I have to make an addendum though (since I see that I specifically stated five episodes) that the amount of episodes hasn't been yet been specified by Telltale. I just made an educated guess since five is their usual, since the only Telltale seasons that haven't had five so far have been Sam & Max Season One with six, Law & Order Legacies with seven, Hector with three, and Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures with four (Jurassic Park also had four, but it was released standalone rather than episodic on all platforms other than iOS).

thanks for the info. Game of Thrones is going released as episodes, instead of a whole a game. ok thanks I didn't know that.

• thanks for the link, telltale talk about battle formation and tactics. that sounds interesting, different from what Tell Tale normally dose. what I am curious and worried about is which side tell tale will put the player on. if you didn't know what game of thrones was about - basically there are different sides that try to conquer and take over the throne. on of the sides are honourable, the other is shady and another is a hero freeing slaves. depending who telltale choose on the character players are may turn people away from the series.

Jennifer posted: »

Yeah, it's been confirmed that it's going to be episodic (that, the fact that it will be similar in gameplay to Telltale's previous games, a

Sign in to comment in this discussion.