"Make A Scene: Strong Bad Edition"

JakeJake Telltale Alumni
At PAX this weekend we did a panel where the audience helped us make a quick scene with Strong Bad and the rest of the HSR characters. The audience voted on who was in the scene, where it was set, and then shouted out a bunch of ideas for what should happen. We then worked together to vaguely mush them together into a scene which some TTG folks built in the game engine, during the panel's Q&A session. We posted the results of the video online, along with an intro and outro the Chapmans and Chuck Jordan whipped up before the show.

Check it out right here. Or read about it in the blog.

Comments

• edited August 2008
    Who is doing the voices? I don't think it's Matt.
  • edited August 2008
    It says "The audience voiced the characters."
  • edited August 2008
    Wow, that was pretty cool. :0 How they could make that during a Q&A session amazes me. Was there a Sam and Max edition, too?
  • edited August 2008
    NickClick2 wrote: »
    Wow, that was pretty cool. :0 How they could make that during a Q&A session amazes me. Was there a Sam and Max edition, too?

That was last year. I wonder if Wallace & Gromit is next year? Or maybe we'll do some more Sam & Max? :D
  • edited August 2008
    Hilarious, I'd love to see more stuff like this!
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2008
    splash1 wrote: »
    Who is doing the voices? I don't think it's Matt.

Matt did the voice for the intro and outro. (We had that prepared ahead of time.) The scene in Strong Badia was voiced by audience members and recorded live! There was so much laughter and applause after Homsar's line, it had to be rerecorded. :o
  • Lmao. That was classic. The guy who did Strong Bad's is close enough... who did Homestar's? Did some guy just walk in and start talking like that?

"Hey... guys... I'm over here..."

=P
  • edited September 2008
    Heh... the true reason for his absence is revealed:
    http://www.paulandstorm.com/archives/tying-up-a-couple-loose-ends/

Edit: The less broken mp3 link: http://www.paulandstorm.com/sounds/sb_paulstorm.mp3
  • edited September 2008
    Wish I had been there; I've been dying to do my Homsar impression in front of a large group of people that I don't know. :p
  • edited September 2008
    I do the best Homsar impression. That lucy fella who did do it, SUCKED.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2008
    We wanted to stick sad eyes on Homestar for his scene because the guy doing the voice sounded depressed the whole time, but it wasn't working for some reason.
  • edited September 2008
    Well...Let's just say me and my little brother(INCORRECT ENGLISH >_<) could have done better! Even the POOPSMITH could have done better!! No offense or anything. (XD)
  • edited September 2008
    Well...Let's just say me and my little brother(INCORRECT ENGLISH >_<) could have done better! Even the POOPSMITH could have done better!! No offense or anything. (XD)

Ooh, Silent Homestar movie!
  • edited September 2008
    Ooh, Silent Homestar movie!
    It would be an Old-Timey Silent cartoon. I wonder why the Chapman brothers haven't thought of that yet...:D
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2008

You're welcome to come to PAX next year and make sure your brilliant ideas get heard above the other hundreds of yelling fans and their (apparently inferior) ideas.
  • edited September 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    You're welcome to come to PAX next year and make sure your brilliant ideas get heard above the other hundreds of yelling fans and their (apparently inferior) ideas.
    It's open to people under 18? Niiiice. :rolleyes: Hehe, I guess your right. I forgot about the fact that everyone's yelling so my voice probably wouldn't be heard. I also live on the east coast, so chances are, I wouldn't be "comeing" out;).
    I heard on Ign about the lady trying with all her might to make sure some form of butter made it into the script.
    Sorry if I came off kinda rude...:(
  • edited September 2008
    It's open to people under 18? Niiiice. :rolleyes:

Age =/= Maturity
  • edited September 2008
    That ":rolleyes:" wasn't supposed to be in a "yeah, right" manner.
  • MarkDarinMarkDarin Former Telltale Staff
    edited September 2008
    Personally I think that the people doing the voices did a spectacular job! Especially considering they were put on the spot and were expected to perform in front of a room PACKED with people!!
  • edited September 2008
    I congratulate the person who did the King of Town, he sounded great. :)
  • edited September 2008
    The one doing Strong Bad was the best imitator.
    The KOT-imitator sounded just like the character in the first line, then it got a little high.. and girly.
    Homsar and Homestar did a good job, certainly better than many people would have done.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.