Your episode 2 release date questions answered... (not officially!)

Ok, we made it this far, so lets stop the whining, crying, and stupid questions that are going to be asked 100 times before it even starts... Although i am probably posting in vein, as usual (... So everyone else, feel free quote between the dotted lines below in order to quiet the cerebrally challenged).

The following are several common questions and responses derived from telltales past release patterns... (which they are famous for following to a "T" i might add)

I will also try to answer these common questions in a strong bad-esque tone (complete with insults and put downs!)

- So, whens episode 2 coming out?
The key word here children, is that episodes come out a MONTH apart... which is today's word, can you all spell "Month"?

Meaning, we will not see episode two till one month has passed after episode one (which would be the second Monday of the month, September 8th to be exact... But don't start screaming if its a week or two late, nothing is set in stone here). Actually, bet on episode two being released September 15th, that why you will be surprised if it does come out next week after all.

- Why is the release date is not listed on the site? (Or) Wont we know about the release date ahead of time?
Episode 2 will probably follow in the release footsteps of episode 1... In that we probably will not get a release date announcement until a few days before release, and that the game will come out sometime between the hours or 10AM and 12PM (Noon) Pacific standard time on the listed date. (Here is a time zone convertor)

- How long before release will we get this "Announcement"?
Its doubtful that they will have the announcement and release date less than 5 days apart, so if we do not get an announcement by the middle of this week, then the 9th is not likely going to be the release date... Again, don't start whining if the game is a week or two late, if something major has happened THEY WILL LET US KNOW! Don't Set an imaginary release date in your head (or even buy into mine), then get angry when it passes with no game.

- How can I find out about all this as soon as it happens?
The Telltale Blog is a good place to keep an eye out for press releases, and important updates, (such as game previews and upcoming episode details) you can also keep an eye on the sticky threads at the top of this forum (threads up there usually have important dates right in the title).

- Will we get anymore game media before its released? (i.e. screenshots, trailers, etc.)
Its doubtful that they will update the site again before episode 2 comes out... we already have a trailer, and some screenshots from the week before last (that very few people noticed). So its very likely that the next thing you see of this game will be the game itself (unless you find some other shots or movies on an outside site... but beware of spoilers)

So, in closing... until we get something from Telltale (which should be soon), SHUDDUP!

DISCLAIMER: by posting this I have hereby answered all common questions regarding the release of SBCG4AP episode 2 based on telltales past releases, and hereby enable all members of this forum to haggle, make fun of, poke, tar, feather, tease, taunt, swear at, disembowel (my favorite), dump carbonated beverages on, and generally dis anyone who re-asks, or re-words any of the above questions... remember to quote between the dotted lines, and point out the forum search feature before you let them have it... see you all again in another month.

Comments

• edited September 2008
    In a Homestarrunner voice

"Sooooooooo................ when's it released Stwong Bwaaad??"
  • edited September 2008
    Dangerzone wrote: »
    Ok, we made it this far, so lets stop the whining, crying, and stupid questions that are going to be asked 100 times before it even starts... Although i am probably posting in vein, as usual (... So everyone else, feel free quote between the dotted lines below in order to quiet the cerebrally challenged).

The following are several common questions and responses derived from telltales past release patterns... (which they are famous for following to a "T" i might add)

I will also try to answer these common questions in a strong bad-esque tone (complete with insults and put downs!)

- So, whens episode 2 coming out?
    The key word here children, is that episodes come out a MONTH apart... which is today's word, can you all spell "Month"?

Meaning, we will not see episode two till one month has passed after episode one (which would be the second Monday of the month, September 8th to be exact... But don't start screaming if its a week or two late, nothing is set in stone here). Actually, bet on episode two being released September 15th, that why you will be surprised if it does come out next week after all.

- Why is the release date is not listed on the site? (Or) Wont we know about the release date ahead of time?
    Episode 2 will probably follow in the release footsteps of episode 1... In that we probably will not get a release date announcement until a few days before release, and that it will come out sometime between the hours or 10AM and 12PM (Noon) Pacific standard time on the listed date. (Here is a time zone convertor)

- How long before release will we get this "Announcement"?
    Its doubtful that they will have the announcement and release date less than 5 days apart, so if we do not get an announcement by the middle of this week, then the 9th is not likely going to be the release date... Again, don't start whining if the game is a week or two late, if something major has happened THEY WILL LET US KNOW! Don't Set an imaginary release date in your head (or even buy into mine), then get angry when it passes with no game.

- How can I find out about all this as soon as it happens?
    The Telltale Blog is a good place to keep an eye out for press releases, and important updates, (such as game previews and upcoming episode details) you can also keep an eye on the sticky threads at the top of this forum (threads up there usually have important dates right in the title).

- Will we get anymore game media before its released? (i.e. screenshots, trailers, etc.)
    Its doubtful that they will update the site again before episode 2 comes out... we already have a trailer, and some screenshots from the week before last (that very few people noticed). So its very likely that the next thing you see of this game will be the game itself (unless you find some other shots or movies on an outside site... but beware of spoilers)

So, in closing... until we get something from Telltale (which should be soon), SHUDDUP!

DISCLAIMER: by posting this I have hereby answered all common questions regarding the release of SBCG4AP episode 2 based on telltales past releases, and hereby enable all members of this forum to haggle, make fun of, poke, tar, feather, tease, taunt, swear at, disembowel (my favorite), dump carbonated beverages on, and generally dis anyone who re-asks, or re-words any of the above questions... remember to quote between the dotted lines, and point out the forum search feature before you let them have it... see you all again in another month.

I couldn't have said it better myself, I couldn't.. that's probably why you did it.
  • edited September 2008
    is it out yet,is it out yet,is it out yet,is it out yet,is it out yet,is it out yet,is it out yet,
    is it out yet,is it out yet,is it out yet,is it out yet,is it out yet,is it out yet,is it out yet,
    is it out yet,is it out yet,is it out yet,is it out yet,is it out yet,is it out yet,is it out yet, is it out yet,is it out yetis it out yet,is it out yet,is it out yet,is it is it out yet,is it out yet,is it out yet,is it out yet,is it out yet,is it out yet,is it out yet,is it out yet,is it out yet,
    ISSSSSSSSSSSSSSS ITTTTTTTTTTTTTT OOOOUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT YETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT???????????????????????????????????????
  • edited September 2008
    is it out yet,is it out yet,is it out yet,is it out yet,is it out yet,is it out yet,is it out yet, is it out yet,is it out yetis it out yet,is it out yet,is it out yet,is it is it out yet,is it out yet,is it out yet,is it out yet,is it out yet,is it out yet,is it out yet,is it out yet,is it out yet,
    ISSSSSSSSSSSSSSS ITTTTTTTTTTTTTT OOOOUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT YETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT???????????????????????????????????????

arrowed.jpg
    TELLTALE'D!!!!!
  • edited September 2008
    Dangerzone: That rules. Thank you for making my day,
  • edited September 2008
    You missed out a little I think:

-I'm in country X, will I have to wait longer than other people for the Wii version?
    As with episode one, you will have to wait for the normal Wii Shop Channel update in your country. In the UK, it's updated at 00:00 GMT (or 01:00 BST) every Friday. USUALLY they update it so one week it's a Virtual Console release day and then the week after it's a WiiWare release day and it continues like that.
    Therefore, even though the US got episode one on Monday 11th August (same as PC release), the UK didn't get it till Friday 15th.

tl;dr: You'll get it on your local Shop Channel Update day after the USA does and not before.

I felt that needed to be added.
  • edited September 2008
    You missed out a little I think:

-I'm in country G, will I have to wait longer than other people for the Wii version?
    As with episode one, you will have to wait for the normal Wii Shop Channel update in your country. In the UK, it's updated at 00:00 GMT (or 01:00 BST) every Friday. USUALLY they update it so one week it's a Virtual Console release day and then the week after it's a WiiWare release day and it continues like that.
    Therefore, even though the US got episode one on Monday 11th August (same as PC release), the UK didn't get it till Friday 15th.

tl;dr: You'll get it on your local Shop Channel Update day after the USA does and not before.

• edited September 2008
    Such a subtle, but obvious in joke. How could I have missed it out >_<
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2008
    Hey guys,

Thanks for helping to try to get some of the common questions answered, but not all of this info is accurate. (For example, there's no guarantee that the game will come out the same week in Europe and in North America. We hope that it will, but that decision is outside of our control and it's not something that we want people taking as fact.)

We'll announce episode 2 release info as soon as we have it, just like we did last time. :) Until then, any questions we don't answer are questions we simply don't have the answers to yet. Off-hand comments and even posts on this forum have a tendency to be picked up as official news on the web, so we (and you :D) need to be really careful about saying things about the release date as if they're facts, until we actually have the facts.
  • edited September 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Thanks for helping to try to get some of the common questions answered, but not all of this info is accurate. (For example, there's no guarantee that the game will come out the same week in Europe and in North America. We hope that it will, but that decision is outside of our control and it's not something that we want people taking as fact.)

We'll announce episode 2 release info as soon as we have it, just like we did last time. :) Until then, any questions we don't answer are questions we simply don't have the answers to yet. Off-hand comments and even posts on this forum have a tendency to be picked up as official news on the web, so we (and you :D) need to be really careful about saying things about the release date as if they're facts, until we actually have the facts.

Sorry about that. I was basing it off the previous episode and I thought it would be the logical thing to happen considering the alternate VC/WW thing the Europe shop channel has going.

That's pretty stupid of the press though if they take forum posts from people who are just fans as factual information from the company. IT'S A FORUM!

OK IGN, Gamespot and so on, here's some news for you. The characters Sam and Max are actually based on a real life dog and rabbit who gained the ability to speak and walk on their hind legs. Upon watching black and white detective films, they decided that they wanted to be detectives and so Freelance Police was born. Of course, the real life Sam and Max were standard size animals so they weren't taken seriously, that's when Lucasarts took an interest in them. They were hired to tell them of their adventures and produce a series of games about them.

THIS is Telltale's big secret. FACT. (lie)

OOOH it would be hillarious if this appeared on IGN/Gamespot tomorrow as official news. I guess it would work if it was April 1st. I'll give Max a call to change the date.

Wow. I really got carried away there. Anyways, we were really just stating possibilites when it comes to the release date. We get bored so we enjoy predicting when you'll release stuff. Plus, we're getting annoyed at the people repeatedly asking when it'll be released. Sorry again ^_^
  • edited September 2008
    Yeah, that was one thing that I tried to make a major point in my post, nothing is official yet... But I did put some simple facts and dates that are the most likely candidates for release (based on the release of episode one).

Although, after we get the actual release info from telltale, ill just edit the post and give it a firmer tone (and of course, link to the release)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.