Question about Tales of the Borderlands

Hi, I am new to this forum and this particular series. I just wanted to know: if I have never played a Borderlands game before can I still understand the story of this game?

Comments

• Well this game takes place after Borderlands 2 so I'm not sure

• So I should probably take that as a no?

Well this game takes place after Borderlands 2 so I'm not sure

• Well its not based off the overall story of the first 2 games since your playing as 2 new characters so I think at most you won't get references to past games so You can still play it but it would be much more enjoyable if you played the first 2 Borderlands or atleast i would assume so

So I should probably take that as a no?

• Ok thanks so much for your help!

Well its not based off the overall story of the first 2 games since your playing as 2 new characters so I think at most you won't get refere

• edited April 2014

BL is not a heavy story driven game. It is all about the loot. That is why i am excited to see telltale expand upon the universe and the planet pandora.
    Edit: I just fixed some nasty typoos.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited April 2014

Telltale usually designs their games to be friendly to newcomers of a series.

I've played a majority of Telltale's seasons without knowing what the source material was like, and still enjoyed the story/game/etc. Even with more complex series like the Fables comic series (as seen in Telltale's Wolf Among Us), Telltale does a good job at easing players into deep story elements.

However, as angrykurd mentioned above...

BL is not a heavy story driven game.

...so you should be fine if you've never played the game before.

• Thank you so much for your answer. Guess I can enjoy another new brilliant game by Telltale!

Telltale usually designs their games to be friendly to newcomers of a series. I've played a majority of Telltale's seasons without knowin

• harrisonpinkharrisonpink Telltale Alumni

All that said, you should play Borderlands 2 because it's super fun! :)

Thank you so much for your answer. Guess I can enjoy another new brilliant game by Telltale!

• Indeed, 4 player co op too.

All that said, you should play Borderlands 2 because it's super fun!

• And guns. Lots of guns.

angrykurd posted: »

Indeed, 4 player co op too.

• And guns. Lots of guns.

Borderlands? Lots of guns? You lie. :P

And guns. Lots of guns.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.