What are you doing

edited September 2008 in General Chat
...on this last few moments before the whole world gets sucked by a large blackhole?

Comments

• edited September 2008
    Too late, the switch-on was done and dusted hours ago (:
  • edited September 2008
    Well since earth is going down the drain I will spend the last minutes of my life running
    throug town behaving like Max. That is my dream.
  • edited September 2008
    Telltale, you may as well just bring out all your SBCG4AP episodes right now and reveal the plots for future Sam & Max episodes.

...or not! ;)
    oh, and here is Stephen Hawking talking about it.
  • edited September 2008
    Telltale, you may as well just bring out all your SBCG4AP episodes right now and reveal the plots for future Sam & Max episodes.

Agreed, and don't forget whatever they have of Wallace & Gromit. Otherwise, all this beautiful work will be lost for nothing. And honestly, would there be a better way to die than being sucked by a blackhole while playing poin-and-click adventure games?
  • edited September 2008
    Oh, and don't forget to check here periodicaly.
  • edited September 2008
    All they did today was turn on the machine. If the doomsday scenario is going to happen, it won't be until next month when they actually run the particle collision tests.
  • edited September 2008
    fco. wrote: »
    haha.I heard about that site on the news this morning.
    Botap wrote: »
    All they did today was turn on the machine. If the doomsday scenario is going to happen, it won't be until next month when they actually run the particle collision tests.

I seriously doubt it.I think these people know what they're doing.
  • edited September 2008
    Oh, I'm not saying it'll happen. Just that it's the collisions that could potentially create black holes, not the machine itself.

The vast majority of physicists that have weighed in on the matter do not believe it will pose a threat. The only reason I have any doubts is because we're depending entirely on our understanding of the universe. It's a pretty big place, and there's always a chance we're wrong about how things work.
  • edited September 2008
    You all have it wrong about the Collider. Black holes are the least of our concerns. It's opening a portal to Xen that we need to be worried about.

Hope you all have crowbars, because the headcrabs are a-comin'.
  • edited September 2008
    I'm laughing at everyone who thinks the end of the world is coming from the LHC or in 2012.
  • edited September 2008
    fco. wrote: »

hehehe, funny. This should make it's way onto FARK.
  • edited September 2008
    I'm laughing at everyone who thinks the end of the world is coming from the LHC or in 2012.

Yes.
    The scientists already said that collisions like in the LHC are
    happening all the time in the world. But it would be awesome
    to create a miniature planet with that thing.
  • edited September 2008

Pretty sure the worst thing that could happen is a rift to Xen'll open, and Earth will be taken over by the Combine.

largehadron.jpg
  • edited September 2008
    Well, at least they are prepared for Xen.
  • edited September 2008
    It's still going to be a while before the end of the world. The first collisions will only be sort of test runs at only half the power of those happening in the Fermilab in Chicago. They will though enventually reach 7 times the power of the Fermilab, creating rifts that will bring forth creatures who will devour the souls of the sinners, turn oceans into raving fires and pave the way for Emperor Max!!!

Hem...sorry...I meant make physicists all giddy.
  • edited September 2008

On the other side of the coin, there are some who believe that 2012 will mark the transition to the next phase of human evolution, and even herald the emergence of a noosphere.

There's no facts to support it, of course, but I find it nicer to think about than apocalypse.
  • edited September 2008
    I'm holding out for black holes leading to parallel universes, in the offchance we do get swallowed by one.
  • edited September 2008
    I'd probably be dancing around singing along to the Spice Girls.

Just like every other day of the week.
  • edited September 2008
    ShaggE wrote: »
    Hope you all have crowbars, because the headcrabs are a-comin'.

What if we have other generic FPS melee weapons?Will that keep us from getting cra-er-HEAD crabs?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.