Dank Comics

edited April 2005 in Site Support
The Dank comics seem to be broken. When I'm on #3 and I click previous to get to #2 it just goes to #3 again.

Comments

• edited March 2005
    Same problem here. I wonder if it is a browser problem. When I use Safari the same thing happens, but when I use internet explorer - it goes to the previous comic no problem. Which sucks because I don't like using Internet explorer.
  • HeatherleeHeatherlee Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2005
    I was having the same problem and was about to make sure Troy saw this, but I just tried it with Netscape and it seems to work fine now.

Is it still not working for you?
  • edited March 2005
    Hi All. I'm aware of the problem. Sorry about that.

I'm surprised it took you so long to find it! ;) Something wanky with the paging mechanism. It'll be fixed soon.
  • edited March 2005
    ... Something wanky with the paging mechanism.

Is that a technical term? ;)

So I guess I was right that it is particular to some types of browsers.
  • edited March 2005
    Of course "wanky" is a technical term. So is "snafu".
  • edited April 2005
    ... Something wanky with the paging mechanism.

Is that a technical term? ;)

So I guess I was right that it is particular to some types of browsers.

From the Jargon File:
    wank: /wangk/, n.,v.,adj.

[Columbia University] Used much as hack is elsewhere, as a noun denoting a clever technique or person or the result of such cleverness. May describe (negatively) the act of hacking for hacking's sake ("Quit wanking, let's go get supper!") or (more positively) a wizard. Adj. wanky describes something particularly clever (a person, program, or algorithm). Conversations can also get wanky when there are too many wanks involved. This excess wankiness is signalled by an overload of the wankometer (compare bogometer). When the wankometer overloads, the conversation's subject must be changed, or all non-wanks will leave. Compare neep-neeping (under neep-neep). Usage: U.S. only. In Britain and the Commonwealth this word is extremely rude and is best avoided unless one intends to give offense. Adjectival wanky is less offensive and simply means "stupid" or "broken" (this is mainstream in Great Britain).

So I guess it is used here in it's mainstream British English sense. Sufficiently confusing?
This discussion has been closed.