Borderlands the pre sequel?

I want peoples opinions, do they think this game will crossover or have any influence within the telltale borderlands game?

Comments

• no this game is just a cash grab cause gearbox don't have any other projects to steal money from cough aliens colonial marines cough cough

and tales from the borderlands is set after borderlands 2 this is set in-between borderlands 1 and 2

• /\
    Basically that

It's another Arkham Origins, AC Brotherhood and Revelations type of game

Jewfreeus posted: »

no this game is just a cash grab cause gearbox don't have any other projects to steal money from cough aliens colonial marines cough cough and tales from the borderlands is set after borderlands 2 this is set in-between borderlands 1 and 2

• edited April 2014

But Brotherhood was decent...

iorek21 posted: »

/\ Basically that It's another Arkham Origins, AC Brotherhood and Revelations type of game

• It doesn't look so bad. I would play it.

• I think it seems unlikely that they won't port the game to next gen. By the end of the year so many people will have upgraded to ps4 and xbone that it would be terribly bad for sales not to port it. If they don't end up porting, however, I really hope that this comes out on Mac at about the same time as PC, because otherwise I won't be able to play for a while.

• Yeah, but still a cash grab

• Brotherhood was actually great in my book. I even preferred it over ACII. And yes, I know that's a rather unpopular opinion.

• edited April 2014

In overall mechanics, sure. I sill love taking the fight to the Borgia towers with my own personal assassin army! >:D Storywise though, none has beaten ACII for me. Brotherhood suffers from an abrupt final sequence and ending, IMO.

CathalOHara posted: »

Brotherhood was actually great in my book. I even preferred it over ACII. And yes, I know that's a rather unpopular opinion.

• Brotherhood and the next AC installments suffer from the same cancer: Optional Objectives.

In overall mechanics, sure. I sill love taking the fight to the Borgia towers with my own personal assassin army! >:D Storywise though, none has beaten ACII for me. Brotherhood suffers from an abrupt final sequence and ending, IMO.

• Honestly don't know why they don't just do last gen and next gen like other triple A games. I would prefer to play it on the xbone instead of the 360.

tbogost posted: »

I think it seems unlikely that they won't port the game to next gen. By the end of the year so many people will have upgraded to ps4 and xbo

• JenniferJennifer Moderator

It's possible it will interact somehow with the Telltale game. The May 2014 issue of Official Xbox Magazine stated that unlockables earned in Tales from the Borderlands will be usable in Borderlands game(s), but it hasn't been confirmed which one(s).

• At the time, I thought it could only be Borderlands 2. But that does make more sense actually. Would be pretty nice if you could unlock stuff in the Pre-Sequel that can be used in Borderlands 2 also.

Jennifer posted: »

It's possible it will interact somehow with the Telltale game. The May 2014 issue of Official Xbox Magazine stated that unlockables earned

• I dont know but thank you for showing me this i might be picking it up along maybe with borderlands 2 and TFTB :D

• just like poker night 2 did.

makes sense to me.

CathalOHara posted: »

At the time, I thought it could only be Borderlands 2. But that does make more sense actually. Would be pretty nice if you could unlock stuff in the Pre-Sequel that can be used in Borderlands 2 also.

• i'd assume it allows people to use current save files from b1/b2 ? and it's the biggest audience going with pc 360 ps3 gen ;)

also i think people who want it on the xbone/ps4 are probably a small minority compared to the others mentioned above. after all they would most likely have to start from scratch

ruairi46 posted: »

Honestly don't know why they don't just do last gen and next gen like other triple A games. I would prefer to play it on the xbone instead of the 360.

• i'm totally getting this just to be claptrap.

i have recently bought the claptrap gentleman caller model :P

no joke!

• I have the gentleman caller as well. I also know of a blue skin claptrap, and a Jakobs Claptrap figure. It seems very likely there will be some loot crossover between TPS and TFB. I'm looking forward to it.

i'm totally getting this just to be claptrap. i have recently bought the claptrap gentleman caller model :P no joke!

• mines staying in the box,

as is my neca chell from portal 2

i have also recently acquired a 3A Valve 1:6 scale atlas figure that fucker is on display ;)

Pogiforce posted: »

I have the gentleman caller as well. I also know of a blue skin claptrap, and a Jakobs Claptrap figure. It seems very likely there will be some loot crossover between TPS and TFB. I'm looking forward to it.

• I don't think its a cash-grab. I'm going to enjoy it when I get it, it is confirmed as a major installment in the series.

Jewfreeus posted: »

no this game is just a cash grab cause gearbox don't have any other projects to steal money from cough aliens colonial marines cough cough and tales from the borderlands is set after borderlands 2 this is set in-between borderlands 1 and 2

• Arkham origins wasnt THAT bad. It has a few improvements, but it wasn't terrible. The cut scenes looked freaking amazing.

iorek21 posted: »

/\ Basically that It's another Arkham Origins, AC Brotherhood and Revelations type of game

• I found it strang that the achievment was 'A kinfe to the Heart' even though she was clearly was stabbed in the abdomen.

• I think the idea of it is a cash grab, for sure. That being said everything that 2K Australia has shown from it seems pretty nice and is taking gameplay in a lightly different direction for the series. Writing so far seems to have a lot of the humor from BL2 as well, which I am much a fan of. I'm cautiously optimistic at the moment, but right now BL is my franchise. So they've already made 60 bucks as far as I'm concerned so.... may want to take my opinion with a grain of salt.

• altough the art style / graphics and overlay havent changed its still a very different game then bl2 diferent skills make you play the game in a whole diferent way and new wepons to farm and skins to collect will be a welcome adition and also new story ( hopefully as long as bl2 story was ) and ice element and laser weapons so this game will be amazing i hope

• The low grav stuff has been what's impressed me so far. I'd assumed it would be very poorly put together, but the demos have shown it to be VERY smooth and looks to be easy to handle. Very excited about that.

Tomi021 posted: »

altough the art style / graphics and overlay havent changed its still a very different game then bl2 diferent skills make you play the game

Sign in to comment in this discussion.