Freezes after Initial Start Screen

Same problem different game basically.

So I bought the season pass for the xbox 360 a while back and have been able to play episode one and two perfectly (besides that whole download problem), now I downloaded 3 and played the first few scenes then it froze on me. Now it won't pass the initial start screen. I was wondering if there was anything I could do.

The same thing happened to me with Walking Dead Season 2 and I was told that nothing could be done basically. So I just bit the bullet on that one, but I have a season pass on this game and it would really be frustrating if I have to bit the bullet again.

Thank you

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience. This is the first report that we have heard of on this particular issue. Can you please provide an image or screenshot of what it looks like when the game freezes for you? After receiving this image, we may be able to assist you further with your issue.

• I'm having the same issue on my xbox i've already made a post titled "major xbox 360 problems" no matter how many times i download the game it will freeze then so will my console episodes 1 and 2 worked fine for me till episode 3 came out and its not my system i have 33.8 GB memory left on my xbox 360 elite s and both seasons of the walking dead game work fine, every time its a little different but i can never play the game. i posted two pictures on where it'll stop working already to no response, its gotten so bad that my girlfriend had to buy it on her ps3 and for her its working fine. i hope when the walking dead season 2 episode 3 comes out it wont have the same problems

I apologize for the inconvenience. This is the first report that we have heard of on this particular issue. Can you please provide an image

• [removed]

I apologize for the inconvenience. This is the first report that we have heard of on this particular issue. Can you please provide an image

I apologize for the delayed response. Please try deleting the game, and re-downloading it one more time, and then clear the cache of your system. You can find out how to do this here.

If you are still unable to play the episode, I recommend contacting Microsoft Support, as there may be an issue with your console either not completing the download, or the download timing-out.

Leixand692 posted: »

I'm having the same issue on my xbox i've already made a post titled "major xbox 360 problems" no matter how many times i download the game

• I'm having the same issue with my Xbox. I have followed all of the steps and cant get past the initial start screen. It loads and then goes black and freezes up my console. I admit this is really frustrating being that I was looking forward to playing the new episode from the time I found out it was being released today. I too bought the season pass along time ago when this game first released.

• I am having a problem similar to this. My console gives only a black screen after pressing Start, and then freezes. I have deleted and redownloaded the game to no avail.

edited July 2014

I apologize for the inconvenience. Please make sure you are connected to the internet when starting the game to ensure you are receiving the latest Title Update for the game. If you have the latest Title Update, and you are still seeing the black screen, please try restarting the game, and when you see the black screen, please try waiting for 3-5 minutes before pressing a button, and see if the game starts responding. We have tested this locally on an Xbox, and the black screen should end after about 3-5 minutes. If you are experiencing a black screen for longer than that, please reply with the model Xbox 360 you are using, the size of the Storage device hard drive, and whether you have ever tried clearing your system's cache to resolve the issue.

• edited July 2014

I am having the same problem with walking dead season 2/wolf among us. I am playing on 360 i am connected to the internet i have over 130gb free still. I have even played the games before with no problem. But lately the title screen will appear, press start button, then it says connecting... Then i waited 3 minutes. To come back to my xbox being frozen. I have to turn off/on my console for my 360 to work again. Wolf among us &
    Walking dead
    Xbox 360 250 gb

• Tried that, No luck. Still freezes my console to which I have to constantly turn on and off my console just to get back to the Xbox menu. I can't even use the guide button to get back to the menu and have to actually turn the entire console off. Idk what is wrong with this current episode but it has frozen my Xbox at least 10 times already today. Ive deleted the game, the content, cleared the cache multiple times and now Im done trying until you guys figure out a patch or something. This is really really disappointing specially since I've already paid for the entire Season.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Please make sure you are connected to the internet when starting the game to ensure you are receiving the

• I'm also having this same problem where I get a black screen after pressing Start. Very frustrating.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please clarify the amount of time that you waited before turning off the console? Can you please clarify if you can press the Xbox button, and exit back to the Xbox Dashboard?

• The first time I was able to press the xbox button but then it froze on screen as the console locked up. The second time I was unable to press the xbox menu button at all. The third time was after clearing the cache and following the instructions you provided earlier. I waited roughly five minutes before trying to press a button but the console locked up again. The fourth time I deleted the content and the cache, waited roughly 1-3 minutes and the console locked up again. The fifth time I tried I made sure I was connected to xbox live after clearing the cache yet again, waited 5-7 minutes and could not access any of the buttons at all due to the console locking up. It seems to happen each time after I press the start button causing the game to look for previous content and new content. It seems to have an issue loading up the start menu/download screen as I cannot even access these options due to the console locking up before it reaches that point. This seems to be a boot up error with it either not accessing the network properly or issue with the current build of the game. Not sure which currently. Hope that helps you guys though.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please clarify the amount of time that you waited before turning off the console? Can you please clarify if you can press the Xbox button, and exit back to the Xbox Dashboard?

• Also if you need me to do any more testing with feedback please feel free to let me know what you need me to do for you. I have some experience in Quality Assurance and testing and have a Degree in Game Design so please feel free to point me in a direction and I will happily report back to you my findings so we can get this figured out as soon as possible.

Klearance posted: »

The first time I was able to press the xbox button but then it froze on screen as the console locked up. The second time I was unable to pre

• edited July 2014

I can just clearly say i waited 9 minutes before i gave up, i can tell you my dashboard button does not work. I have to turn off/on my console. I can tell you this is not a problem off of my xbox. I have not transfered devices/dropped or damaged my hd/360. It did work before. I tried it once more before sending this to you. It doesnt work. But it worked 3 days ago. I did reinstall the games i did clean the cache Its just not working

Thank you all for posting the extra information. I apologize for the inconvenience. We have received reports of players unable to download the episode/connect to our servers. We are currently looking into the issue, and hope to have a resolution in the near future.

• edited August 2014

EDIT: Wrong forum.

Thank you all for posting the extra information. I apologize for the inconvenience. We have received reports of players unable to download t

• I've recently bought the game and I tried what everyone else did, I deleted the saved game, cleared the cache, and waited 5 min, I was connected to xbox live, it didn't work. I am using the slim model.

This discussion has been closed.