Sam's right hand (okay, paw) twitches annoyingly during the office scene while looking for cheese

edited October 2006 in Game Support
Really, Sam keeps his right arm extended like he's pointing the whole time, and his hand spasms randomly but consistently, and it only stops when I put the gun in his hand.

My question is: Is this a GameTap bug or something Telltale programmed into the gameplay? It's not shutting me down or anything, but something about it just feels 'buggy'.

Anybody else? Thanks!

Comments

• EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2006
    Whether it's a GameTap bug or a game bug, it's not *supposed* to happen. ;)

Thanks for letting us know.
  • edited October 2006
    Gotcha; I thought it looked like a bug, but since putting the gun in his hand seemed to calm his twitchyness, I wouldn't have doubted it if you'd said it was a very sly in-joke taking advantage of a coding problem.

(By the way, I'm using an ATI Radeon 9800Pro video card with up-to-date Omega Drivers.)
  • edited October 2006
    At what point does this start happening?
  • edited October 2006
    thanx for letting us know, it sounds like it could be a graphical glitch specific to your video card. Do you have the latest software? If you don't know, i can help you find out. If you see any other glitches please let us know.

you can also contact us at 866 722 5295.
  • edited October 2006
    I decided to start the game over from scratch, but I went into the game's options and checked 'warp drive' to see if that would make any difference in Sam's twitching right paw (which had acted up from the very beginning during my first time with the game), and whether that fixed it or not, I haven't had any other incidences of the 'pointing at nothing with a spasming paw'.

Thanks, tech support, for offering your services. I'm really a fan of GameTap now, and while this is the wrong thread for this can of worms, why are some gamers so vehemently opposed to GT, especially if they already have broadband? (For all you anti-GameTap people, please look the other way, as the following amounts to an unabashed plug.)

I mean, right now through October 22 you can get a full year for $59 and change, less than the price of one new-release 360 game. (I wish I had a dollar for all the games I've bought over the years at full retail--certainly not less than 49.99 tax--played off and on until getting stuck in a certain spot, or getting sidetracked by real-life, and the game falls to the wayside to either be ignored or forgotten. Now with GameTap that particular pressure is gone--if you don't finish a game, or just give up after a while, your only investment is your time and whatever your monthly subscription divides out to.)

I say dig in, guys and gals--the service just keeps getting better and better, and I haven't even mentioned the fact that 'Space Ghost Coast to Coast' eps as well as the hilarious Fox Kids 'Sam & Max' cartoons are being made available (plus other little S&M surprises along the way) to make it worth your while. Okay, I'll put my soapbox away now.
  • edited October 2006
    thanx for ur support, gametap is widely enough known that now, like all huge companies, their is always going to be people that don't like it for whatever reason. We have greatly tried to make what we offer, what every gammer out their is looking for, but no one can please every single person. We have and always are looking over every suggestion we get, and try our best to be able to suit every person's needs. look forward to 4 to 12 games every thursday along with our massive selection of over 700 games, along with multiplayer functions on classic games that never had the capability to do so before, hundreds of videos on demand on gametap tv, and brand new content not found anywheres else.

comgratulations sam and max players, sam and max is now the most played game on gametap.
    Top 5 most played games.
    1. Sam & Maxâ„¢: Episode 1 "Culture Shock"
    2. Tetrisâ„¢
    3. Marble Blast Gold
    4. Street Fighter® Alpha 3
    5. Command & Conquer Red Alert
  • edited October 2006
    That's fantastic news!
This discussion has been closed.