Extended play in Ep. 2?

Hey all,

Firstly cheers for such a smashing game. I played it for 5 hours straight yesterday and completed it which took me right up to my bedtime.

I came back today and finally found the extra Cave Girl Squad piece and got my final item of clothing.

So I check my map and see that the only thing missing is insulting Strong Sad 3 more times - so off I go to achieve this and use every conceivable (and inconceivable) trick in the book, sort of like trying the rubber chicken on a pulley trick.

No Joy.

Having read through the tips section here now I see that maybe I can't get them because there are things I didn't do earlier. Is this true? Is extended play not available in this game?

I got the KOT to fall down a hole at the end of the last one to get my 100% completion, will I not be able to do something similar this time?

Anywho's worst case scenario I get to pay the game again! But I'm just wondering if I need to go that far.

Thanks for any and all advise in advance.

-m0r

Comments

• edited September 2008
    I was wondering the same thing. Since a certain object disappears at a certain point, it seems to make the last 3 insults impossible to get.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2008
    Extended play does exist in this game, but you have to do all the Strong Sad insults during the regular game. (Just like you had to do all the prank phone calls during the regular game in ep1.)
  • edited September 2008
    Sounds good to me. I don't mind having an excuse to replay it. :D
  • edited September 2008
    Well that's me replaying it!

Cheers Emily!

-m0r
  • David EDavid E Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    Extended play does exist in this game, but you have to do all the Strong Sad insults during the regular game. (Just like you had to do all the prank phone calls during the regular game in ep1.)

A small correction:
    12 of the 13 insults occur during normal play, and the final one is in extended play.
  • edited September 2008
    Okay, so I do have to replay it then. I was kinda lost on that myself. Thanks for clearing it up, as that was also the one thing I was unable to do, besides find the last Teen Girl Squad Card which appears to be absolutely no where.

Oh, and if anyone at Tell Tale sees this... one thing I'd like to say. In the next episode, if you include the Metal Detector... PLEASE have them say when there is nothing left to find. I liked that feature, and I think it would be nice to let the players know when they don't need to fruitlessly search all over the map with it.
  • edited September 2008
    Oh, and if anyone at Tell Tale sees this... one thing I'd like to say. In the next episode, if you include the Metal Detector... PLEASE have them say when there is nothing left to find. I liked that feature, and I think it would be nice to let the players know when they don't need to fruitlessly search all over the map with it.
    Yeah, that's been the most frequent complaint about episode 2 as far as I've seen. We're definitely aware of it (now) and are going to see what we can do for future episodes...
  • edited September 2008
    i guess, the metal detector was a bit to easy in episode 1...and now it's a bit to hard.
    ...or i just suck at finding things. why am i suppossed to find something i didn't even loose in the first place?

...no, just kidding. it is a lot harder to find stuff in episode 2...and also there is more to find. i think it's okay that way. a little replay won't hurt anybody.
  • edited September 2008
    A hybrid of the two systems would probably work. There can be a really faint sound if there is anything there, and no sound if there is nothing in the area, with maybe Strong Bad commenting five to fifteen seconds in that "Nope, there's nothing here.". But funnier.

That way, the player can figure out the tells of whether or not an item is there, the players that don't get it will get told eventually, and we don't have to pull out the detector just to have to skip through the same dialogue all over again.
  • edited September 2008
    I liked it this way I mean how can SB see what is under ground and what's not.
  • edited September 2008
    I like Rather Dashing's idea of having Strong Bad comment on there being "nothing here" after a while of fruitless searching. Because my complaint wasn't that it was too hard or easy - since I had found everything quite quickly - but that I didn't know when I was actually done searching.

It's one thing to click and try everything. It's another thing to spend an hour looking everywhere for something that doesn't exist.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.