Episode 2 gets to a certain percentage and wont download any further.

The first time I downloaded the game, everything went well as it got up to 97% but then the wifi cut out. Then when I went too download it again it started downloading at 66% and didn't go any further, and said I got cut out from the wifi again. I can assure you that there isn't anything wrong with the wifi connection as it's always on full bars, and I recently managed to download ep 3 without any trouble. But now when I try to download ep 2 it repeats the process of starting at 66% and then cuts off immediately telling me there's something wrong with the connection. I have tried the solution of getting rid of all apps running in the background,And turning off my iPad air ( just letting you know I have the latest iOS download) and it didn't work. Is they're anyone who can help solve my issue?

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

Please close the game and all other applications running in the background. This should free up necessary system resources. (To close an app running in the background on iOS 6 and before: double tap the home button to make all running apps appear at the bottom of the screen, hold down on an app you wish to close and red buttons will appear, tap the red buttons to close the apps. If on iOS 7, double tap the home button and swipe up on the open apps to close them) Also, please turn off your iOS device for at least three minutes before attempting to play the game again. This will allow the device’s cache to clear.

Then after restarting your device, please reset the WiFi by turning the WiFi settings Off and back On again. Then start the game application again, and you should then be able to download the episode.

• Ok, I've been reading though multiple topics with this exact same problem and in every one you post the same cut and paste obvious statement about restarting your device closing all other apps blah blah... Ya, ok tried that and it doesn't work... And I think I've figured out why, when the Download first tries to Load it gets to a certain # (for me it got to 8%) when I go back and try to redownload it no matter how far I got the last time before receiving the stupid message (can't connect to the intertnet etc..) it restarts at 8%..This is the problem right here it doesn't restart from 0 it starts at whatever % it screwed up at. So being unable to restart the download from the beginning is what's causing the episode to be unable to load( Basically now you have a corrupted file that you can't remove and can't re-download).

This is also why I believe people are having other problem's when they actually do download the episode. Things from missing text to bugs gameplay it all stems from this problem right here one that is causing tons of people to not be able to obtain what is rightfully theirs.

I have never experienced any problem with any other app downloading, and until you (Telltale..Whoever) fixes this problem the in app purchases should be either removed until fixed or be stated in bold the fact that your app has a problem and you haven't fixed it yet.

Why not sell the episodes individually and let App Store take of the Downloading of the of the game because by trying to do it through IAP you have royally screwed dozens of people out money.

It's about time you Understand the problem is with you and your App and not us the consumer, so instead of copy pasting some ignorant response here go tell your Superiors there's a problem that's bigger than a simple (oh just restart your device, clear the task bar duhhh ya i dunno?) quick fix.

Sure, maybe things actually worked for some people I guess, but I'm seeing this and many others having the same problems.. either won't download, or did download but is glitched and bugged.

I hope this gets through to somebody that there is a problem here that's not being fixed and because of it You are screwing a ton of people(me included out of money)
  • Thank you for making this thread! I've been searching for something like this for a day now. I bought the season pass and now I'm having the same exact problems, and I contacted apple about thinking it might be their problem, but it turns out it was telltales. Apple said they would give me a refund which I haven't gotten yet, despite it saying I did on my account in the purchases section, I guess I will wait the complete 48 hours to see. But anyway, the solutions I see and having seen people comment on it that it doesn't work makes me lose hope. And good idea Lcb12321 about the selling episode individual and thank you for explianing why the problem was like this. And Mike, please find a solution to this, its a real disappointment, I went out and bought a 15 dollar iTunes card for this only to find that it doesn't work.

• Was this problem ever solved? I am having the same issue with episode 5 and have tried all the suggested fixes - closing apps, reseting wifi, turning off phone.

My apologies. Can you please clarify what device in particular you are using?

embot posted: »

Was this problem ever solved? I am having the same issue with episode 5 and have tried all the suggested fixes - closing apps, reseting wifi, turning off phone.

• This is the most glitchy game I have ever played and I did not have any problems with walking dead at all, both downloaded on my ipad. I am about 9 feet from my wifi, I have all the latest updates, I have force quit/rebooted/cleared cache/wifi off and on so many times I am seriously pissed about this! I have purchased the full pack of episodes and have not been able to download much less play episode 4, let alone episode 5! If there is any way of resolving this please let us know, or I will have to regretfully contact the App Store for a refund.

Can you please clarify what generation iPad you are currently playing on?

Cannonfan posted: »

This is the most glitchy game I have ever played and I did not have any problems with walking dead at all, both downloaded on my ipad. I am

This discussion has been closed.