Login Error: Can't Connect to TellTale Servers

EDIT: I finally got the steam key offered to me. I uninstalled the game and installed it through steam. Supposedly they did a hot fix recently and it might be worth looking into. Thigh I'll have to reinstall the game. Good luck to everyone having issues and I hope this didn't become an issue with future TellTale titles on their DRM I would prefer having options as to where I purchase my games.

I purchased the game a few days ago, through GMG. Both WalkingDead games through Steam. Everything went well up until when I launched the game for the first time, and each time there after. If I enter an incorrect username and/or password i get prompted to sign out & try again or exit. If I enter the correct username and password, it get the message that it can't connect to TellTale Servers. I haven't even logged in once with the game launcher. As the first game I'm buying with your DRM it is frustrating.

I emailed support and have gotten the same messages that everyone else has gotten.

I went through cmd and entered:
REG DELETE "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Telltale Games\Launcher”

and it gave me this message:
ERROR: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value.

screenshot of cmd line and regedit requested:
http://i.imgur.com/VNyOYnP.png

None of the suggested help, the TTG Luancher reset Tool doesn't help either.

These are the results of using the TWAU Support Tool:
http://i.imgur.com/fLE5f6b.png
http://www.sendspace.com/file/kfd6k8

Unfortunately as quickly as support was to email me with the responses to do the above, they went into complete silence after sending them the screenshots they asked for, for more than a day as opposed to within an hour of the previous issues.

I'd like to know how to fix this. What is going on that it won't let me access the game?

Comments

• edited April 2014

I'm having the same issue. I just downloaded "The Wolf Among Us" and can't play it because of Telltale "Server Connection Errors." Anyone have any ideas?

• same here!!!! help!!!!

• I would like to know, when if possible you guys plan on addressing this issue. If not I'd like a refund, or a copy to the game on steam, since its been 5 days since I purchased the game and support hasn't helped at all.

• The support team is - oddly enough - being evasive about my problems too, I have emailed them twice in the past six hours and not once have they replied.

• They don't work on the week ends.

TheSnowSeal posted: »

The support team is - oddly enough - being evasive about my problems too, I have emailed them twice in the past six hours and not once have they replied.

• Same here. I just downloaded this game and I cant play it because Error can not connect to servers. I have a feeling that I just got ripped off.

• I have looked up the Error can not connect to servers problem here on this website, apparently this has existed since February. I don't think they are going to fix this.

Chris1701ab posted: »

Same here. I just downloaded this game and I cant play it because Error can not connect to servers. I have a feeling that I just got ripped off.

• I just purchased the game tonight, eager to play it.. Maybe I should've read these posts first..

• Welp, might be time to find a crack that bypasses the login screen because this is insanity. How can the support team still be having issues with logins after all this time?

XelaGeez posted: »

I just purchased the game tonight, eager to play it.. Maybe I should've read these posts first..

• If you figure out how to do that post it somewhere ok?!!

Welp, might be time to find a crack that bypasses the login screen because this is insanity. How can the support team still be having issues with logins after all this time?

• I also used cmd to delete the key, I was successful, however it did not work and I am still unable to log in.

• Thanks for the reassurance, I thought they were just ignoring me, or something...

pawnman posted: »

They don't work on the week ends.

• I received the same initial support email (delete the registry key, send screenshots, you know, nothing that solves the server connection issue). They offered a Steam key for TWAU to me in lieu of (I guess?) playing the PC/Mac downloadable version. I asked them if I could have an Xbox 360 download code instead, since I am possibly the only person left on the planet who doesn't use Steam. It's been over 4 hours with no response. I will update if and when I hear back from them.
    I guess my point is, if you're having this issue with playing the downloadable version (and you have a Steam account like a normal person), email support and ask for a Steam key for TWAU. They should give one to you. I haven't heard of any issues with the Steam version, but I haven't been paying attention to that version, so yeah.

• I got an email telling me the same thing of offering me a steam code, about 2hrs and 10mins prior of you posting this and I'm currently waiting on a response. I would suggest to you to get it through Steam over Xbox, but that's my personal preference out of convinience.

RJswanee posted: »

I received the same initial support email (delete the registry key, send screenshots, you know, nothing that solves the server connection is

• Well ask, them/wait for them to respond to you with an offer for a Steam key for the game. I've waited for over a day now, but since I'm busy with school I won't have the time to actually play the game calmly until Friday, which is my ultimatum. If they don't deliver, I am willing to consider a cracked version because this is ridiculous and I already paid for the game.

kookicookie posted: »

If you figure out how to do that post it somewhere ok?!!

• E-mailed them asking for the Steam key yesterday! Still waiting for the reply.

I got an email telling me the same thing of offering me a steam code, about 2hrs and 10mins prior of you posting this and I'm currently wait

• I am also unable to log in. I can't find the e-mail address to contact them. Will anyone share it, please?

• support@telltalegames.com

I am also unable to log in. I can't find the e-mail address to contact them. Will anyone share it, please?

• Well I emailed on Monday, and I'm still waiting here. And the fact that they haven't replied since has annoyed me.

feddybeaar posted: »

E-mailed them asking for the Steam key yesterday! Still waiting for the reply.

• edited April 2014

...I'm still waiting to hear since Monday about the compensation. I was offered a steam key by support and every attempt to communicate post-offer with the support email has gone by ignored. What is it going to take to be able to get a response. Its been a week since I bought the game and the TellTale DRM hasn't let me even look past the title screen. This is mildly infuriating.

• I don't get it, really. Do they really have /that/ many e-mails or did they go awol?

Well I emailed on Monday, and I'm still waiting here. And the fact that they haven't replied since has annoyed me.

• Don't know but I finally got a notification email that my reply on Monday went through. Which disturbs and annoys me even more.

I don't get it, really. Do they really have /that/ many e-mails or did they go awol?

• Blehhh. Sucks.

Don't know but I finally got a notification email that my reply on Monday went through. Which disturbs and annoys me even more.

• You got a notification? Here's hoping I get one soon too.

Don't know but I finally got a notification email that my reply on Monday went through. Which disturbs and annoys me even more.

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

We have implemented a possible fix that should resolve this Login Error for people effected by it. Please try logging in again now. If you are still unable to log in, please reply with your Ticket Number that you received when emailing support, and I will try my best to get your support email answered soon.

• Finally got my steam key about 3hrs ag. Hopefully you get yours too

Blehhh. Sucks.

• Got my steam key. Hopefully yours isn't too far away

MrsDinosaur posted: »

You got a notification? Here's hoping I get one soon too.

• IT STARTED WORKING! Finally. I can finally play it! :D

• Still haven't heard back from them. I sent a reply to their Steam key offer Monday (4/14) afternoon. I'm getting a little miffed that I haven't heard from them in 6 days (and since it's Easter weekend, they might be closed until Tuesday, making it over a week with no response AT ALL, not even a notification that they received my email).
    Their lack of support is pretty ridiculous.

Got my steam key. Hopefully yours isn't too far away

• IT LOGGED IN! YAY!!!! Finally!

I hope that you enjoy the game, and I apologize for any difficulties this has caused.

• edited April 2014

Nice. Hope you're enjoying it as much as I have.

I'm guessing I can have the TellTale DRM as a back up source for the game now. At least the issue got fixed. If this doesn't happen with future titles I might move away from SteamDRM for them.

IT LOGGED IN! YAY!!!! Finally!

• Have you tired logging into the game recently? I tried it on Friday and was pleasantly surprised to find that the game worked. I think one of the support guys also commented that they had fixed the issue and to email them again if you still could not log in.

Still haven't heard back from them. I sent a reply to their Steam key offer Monday (4/14) afternoon. I'm getting a little miffed that I ha

• I have the same problem and stumbled upon this thread looking for solutions....any ideas?

I hope that you enjoy the game, and I apologize for any difficulties this has caused.

• i just bought it and i have this problem aswell
    i sent them an email.
    hope they will help me :P

I have the same problem and stumbled upon this thread looking for solutions....any ideas?

• I just bought the steam version since everyone seems to have no problems at all with it.....so I'll just ask for my money back for the PC version...i noticed the Windows version isnt signed....might have something to do with security since its an "unknown publisher"....sounds like a simple certificate issue there...create the certificate and include it in your install pack...just throwing ideas out there since this is still an issue.....thanks in advance

• Its telltale. Look through the forums and you will see this happens pretty much every single time. They make great games but can't launch them for toffeenuts. Keep trying and it should be sorted, but you may need to wait till tomorrow. Never buy direct from telltale if you want to play the same time as everyone else..

I apologize for the inconvenience. Over the weekend we experienced a higher than average amount of server connections. We have now resolved the issue for most users, and are currently working on addressing it for those that are still experiencing it. If you haven't tried recently, you should now be able to successfully log in and connect with our servers. Please try logging in again, and you should now be able to connect.

• I just bought this game yesterday, and I am still unable to log-in. I've tried everything they tell me to do but still no luck? Any suggestions?

edited July 2014

My apologies, have you already tried the Command Line Workaround to delete your Registry? If you have, and you are still unable to log in, I recommend that you make sure you do not have any anti-virus or internet firewall programs open and running that may be blocking the game's communication with our servers. If you do, I recommend disabling them, then restarting the game, and retrying the log in process.

I just bought this game yesterday, and I am still unable to log-in. I've tried everything they tell me to do but still no luck? Any suggestions?

This discussion has been closed.