Anyone notice the Homestar site is loading really slowly today?

I went to the Homestar site earlier this afternoon and it was extremely slow.The main and toons sections were taking more than 10 minutes to load.I wonder if this is because of tons of traffic with people wanting to see if sbemail 200 is out, or if TBC is putting in a huge update?It's probably the first one, but we can all dream can't we?

Comments

• edited September 2008
    This happened to me, too.
    But when I changed from Chrome to IE, it worked very nicely.
  • edited September 2008
    I would guess that it's a combination of Sbemail 200 on the horizon, and that with Telltale's excellent games, the web cartoon itself has probably spiked in popularity and new viewers.

To be honest, I sort of saw this coming. There have been 2 or 3 documented cases before of the H*R site having so much traffic that it went kerblooey. In fact, one of thhose times, we even got a new toon out of it. Ehe.
  • edited September 2008
    Also, Flash performance in Chrome is terrible.
  • edited September 2008
    Well, that is true. :b
  • edited September 2008
    The e-mail is out now (as some people who don't know how to use spoiler tags and like to talk about things that happened in the toon blabbed) and I'm waiting for the toons menu to load.It's been loading for about 20 minutes now and it's not even halfway done.It's probably gonna be like that for at least a week with all the people visiting the site.(Plus, I'm using IE and the damned site just won't load!!!)
  • edited September 2008
    Try to empty the cache.
  • edited October 2008
    For like 2 weeks that was happening to me!!! You take 10 minutes to load,
    I took 5 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    that is an estimate.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.