Game of Thrones Unofficial Community Thread. TWD is fun too.

edited April 2014 in Game Of Thrones

Hey everyone, I was just seeing if there was someway we could get the staff members on this site to add a Game of Thrones section too the Community tab. I for one am a big fan of the books and the television series and seeing as telltale's latest venture was to make a game about Game of Thrones, I had to come on and see if we could get an area to discuss the game. I do understand however, that the game is still in production and we literally know nothing about it. So that's probably why there isn't a devoted section just yet. But regardless I would still love to see a spot for Game of Thrones in the community so we can all discuss the show and possible ideas for the game and have a little fun :D I'm thinking they will wait until one of their series is finished then remove it ( probably TWAU to be honest) from the community discussion and then add GoT. Anyways much love to TT for their amazing games and staff, and to you all who took the time to read this. You're all great and I appreciate your feedback and opinions. Have a good evening everyone! or Morning depending on the time zone you're in!!

Comments

• Wrong place for this. This needs to go in general discussion.

• edited April 2014

I was expecting one too, but we don't even have a trailer for the damn game (That ''trailer'' with the name of the game dosen't count.), and since we got litterally zero information about the game we don't have much to discuss.

• no one cares about game of thrones in this section, you shoulda put it in the general discussion

• I think there are copyright problems or something like this, and that's because there is no forum section for GOT.

When you scroll down, you'll see that even Jurassic Park and Puzzle Agent still have their own section, so there won't be the need to remove TWAU

As for the game, I have literally no idea what ot will be about :D

• Yeah That's what I figured. I'd still love to see one added eventually, Well I'm going to try to move this over to general discussion.

I was expecting one too, but we don't even have a trailer for the damn game (That ''trailer'' with the name of the game dosen't count.), and since we got litterally zero information about the game we don't have much to discuss.

• The problem is, if you put it in the general discussion not as many people are going to see it. But yeah, it's in the wrong section.

Green613 posted: »

no one cares about game of thrones in this section, you shoulda put it in the general discussion

• still, this is the walking dead discussion not GoT

The problem is, if you put it in the general discussion not as many people are going to see it. But yeah, it's in the wrong section.

• Yes i know that, but there isn't a GoT section.

Green613 posted: »

still, this is the walking dead discussion not GoT

• Yeah, I had actually thought that they would include a GoT section shortly after they put the TFtB one up. But... nope. They didn't.

• then it goes for off topic, it makes more sense being there even if it gets less views

Yes i know that, but there isn't a GoT section.

• I believe that Telltale is holding off on the Game of Thrones board until later.

• This thread.

• Yeah, I agree.

I believe that Telltale is holding off on the Game of Thrones board until later.

• edited April 2014

I think it's safe to say we will get a Game Of Thrones board after TWD and TWAU seasons are finished.

Or near the release of TFB, since we don't have anything to discuss about the game as of right now.

• edited April 2014

I hope there is one soon, I mean there is one for borderlands.

• Yeah, but with Borderlands we have more to go on.

I hope there is one soon, I mean there is one for borderlands.

• Just talk about it here until Telltale gets their shit together.

• Best comment ever. hahah I will definitely see to it.

Just talk about it here until Telltale gets their shit together.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

A interesting article about Telltale's Game Of Thrones http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/28/arts/video-games/a-gaming-company-devoted-to-narrative-tackles-thrones.html?_r=0 there isn't too much information, apparently it's due out this year.

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited April 2014

It's good to see Telltale is working with the creators as usual (Ty Corey Franck, the personal assistant to George R. R. Martin, the creator of the novels The Game of Thrones is based on, is the story consultant). I'll update the unofficial FAQ with this info. :)

OzzyUK posted: »

A interesting article about Telltale's Game Of Thrones http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/28/arts/video-games/a-gaming-company-devoted-to-narrative-tackles-thrones.html?_r=0 there isn't too much information, apparently it's due out this year.

• Sweet, you guys rule. :D

Jennifer posted: »

It's good to see Telltale is working with the creators as usual (Ty Corey Franck, the personal assistant to George R. R. Martin, the creator

• edited April 2014

I'll be one of 'those' people that have never watched the show, and yet, will play the game anyway. Regardless of whatever season it's supposed to continue off on. I would definitely watch the show too if Netflix gets it, in which I hope it will.

• I still wonder what they're doing with the graphics style. The graphic novel, cel-shaded look looks and works great with TWD and TWAU, but I think GOT calls for more gritty realism with the graphics.

• Good input. :)

I still wonder what they're doing with the graphics style. The graphic novel, cel-shaded look looks and works great with TWD and TWAU, but I think GOT calls for more gritty realism with the graphics.

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited April 2014

Telltale's co-founder Kevin Bruner stated on Reddit that a new overhauled revision of the Telltale Tool engine is supposed to ship this summer, so the graphics capability should be increased which should allow let them get more realistic with the graphics (which they probably will, considering the fact that they're basing the game on the HBO series rather than the novels).

I still wonder what they're doing with the graphics style. The graphic novel, cel-shaded look looks and works great with TWD and TWAU, but I think GOT calls for more gritty realism with the graphics.

• So... who's everyone's favorite character from the show? (I'm only half way through the first book so don't spoil me damnit!)
  • edited May 2014
    Edit. Changed my mind. Top 5 in any order are: Craster, Joffrey, Gregor Clegane, Ramsay Bolton, Walder Frey

So... who's everyone's favorite character from the show? (I'm only half way through the first book so don't spoil me damnit!)

• The easy answer is Tyrion. So...Tyrion.

So... who's everyone's favorite character from the show? (I'm only half way through the first book so don't spoil me damnit!)

• Sandor Clegane, because he's awesome! :D

• I think I'll just keep away from you...
    tmsmyth4 posted: »

Edit. Changed my mind. Top 5 in any order are: Craster, Joffrey, Gregor Clegane, Ramsay Bolton, Walder Frey

• Well, besides Tyrion?
    DomeWing333 posted: »

The easy answer is Tyrion. So...Tyrion.

• Yeah he is!
    Pipas posted: »

Sandor Clegane, because he's awesome! :D

• edited May 2014
    Hmm. I'm a fan of the Tyrells. I especially like the show's version of Margaery Tyrell as well as the Queen of Thorns. I also like Jorah Mormont, Davos Seaworth, and Sandor Clegane. Oh, and Thoros of Myr and the Brotherhood without Banners. Probably not good to have favorites on so many sides of the conflict, but what can you do?

Well, besides Tyrion?

• edited May 2014
    :P In all seriousness the Martells are my favourite house. Oberyn is a clear fan favourite but I prefer Doran's style. One of my favourite Doran quotes involves the Red Viper: "Deadly, dangerous, unpredictable. No man dare tread on him. I was the grass. Pleasant, complaisant, sweet-smelling, swaying with every breeze. Who fears to walk upon the grass? But it is the grass that hides the viper from his enemies and shelters him until he strikes."

I think I'll just keep away from you...

Sign in to comment in this discussion.