What music do you listen to when you play video games?

edited October 2008 in General Chat
With some games you really need the sound on to know what's going on, but with others that don't have much of an intellectual aspect, you don't(I'm lookin' at you, Quake series).When I play those I usually listen to music.Since I'm a fan of FPSs and action/RPGs, I usually listen to fast hard-driving music, like Iron Maiden, Rage Against the Machine, Jane's Addiction, or Primus.What do you listen to?

Comments

• edited October 2008
    I stored celtic music into my XBox360, and I listen to them while playing TES4: Oblivion. They give the game some unique, cinema quality. Once I get Devil May Cry 4, I will add songs from Metallica.
  • edited October 2008
    Whatever the crap is on my hard drive. And by that, I mean anything from Strong Bad Sings CD.
  • edited October 2008
    usually if its a single player game, i play the games sound track, however with multiplayer games and racers (ie pgr, grid, not mario kart) i play custom sound tracks, depending on my mood this can be many bands ie

-NIN
    -InMe
    -Fei Comodo
    -Exit Ten
    -Anthrax
    -New Found Glory
    and many others
  • edited October 2008
    I never play music over the top of a game, I'd much rather hear the game soundtrack/effects.
  • edited October 2008
    For some of my games that don't require my attention at all times (like sim games, such as Open-source Transport Tycoon Deluxe, or SimCity 2000) I'll disable the game's music (and often even the sound) and just listen to whatever I'm in the mood for. Lately I've been listening to Hardware Store obsessively.
  • edited October 2008
    patters wrote: »
    ie pgr, grid, not mario kart

I like Mario Kart.:(
    Lately I've been listening to Hardware Store obsessively.

You mean the Weird Al song?
  • edited October 2008
    when I play COD4 or Halo 3 I listen to Disturbed
  • edited October 2008
    You mean the Weird Al song?

You got it!
  • edited October 2008
    I like Mario Kart.:(

i meant that i didn't mute the music for mario kart
  • edited October 2008
    patters wrote: »
    i meant that i didn't mute the music for mario kart

Oh, well I guess Mario Kart's cheery music does better than most racing games' techno-pop music...
  • edited October 2008
    Lately I've been listening to Hardware Store obsessively.

i love that song!
  • edited October 2008
    Most of the time I listen to whatever music is in the game (especially since most of what I play is SBCG4AP, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and Guitar Hero 3), but when I'm playing something with music that bores me, I play some Powerglove (a band that labels itself as "video game metal; it's freakin awexome, and if you haven't heard it or heard of it yet, you should really check it out).
  • edited October 2008
    Nirvana
  • edited October 2008
    Only game I play my own music to is DROD, and that's because I'm a cheapskate getting the most out of the trial version before I can afford the full game. (The trial version only has something like one or two music tracks).

Music I listen to while playing games:
    I've got some falling to do - Lemon Demon
    Music from other games.
  • edited October 2008
    Well... I listen to.... the music of the game
  • edited October 2008
    I tend to listen to Ethel Merman, but on the rare occasion I listen to Tiny Tim.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.